Austin Police Charged Related to 2020 protests

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
From the WTF files comes this:

A state grand jury has indicted 19 Austin police officers related to allegations of excessive force during the May 2020 George Floyd protests, according to the Austin police union's president, citing attorneys who were briefed on the matter.

Actually. I’m not surprised.

Let me see if I can explain it. Let’s say you are in a bar. And someone says Trump is a douche. You tell him to fuck off. He throws a bottle at you. You blindly lash out and hit someone else. The bar is crowded after all.

The example given in the story follows that sort of thing. The police shot a kid in the head. He wasn’t the one throwing stuff. He wasn’t the one they intended to hit. But he got the beanbag in the noggin.

Two problems. First the force was used on an innocent. Second the hit in the head. Beanbags are considered non lethal when used as intended. The intent is body mass not heads. Even if you say it was an accident. You have a problem.

First the beanbag was aimed too high. The rounds can be lethal if they hit the head. So even if you say it was an accident that the kid was hit, why was the cop aiming so high? That starts to sound rather reckless. Reckless defined as actions you could reasonably expect to result in injuries to others.

This has been a trick cops used for years. Accidentally shooting people in the head with beanbags or rubber bullets.

From the WTF files comes this:

A state grand jury has indicted 19 Austin police officers related to allegations of excessive force during the May 2020 George Floyd protests, according to the Austin police union's president, citing attorneys who were briefed on the matter.
All police with a spine and morals should quit democrat crap holes now. Did you all notice that the pos prosecutor in NYC has dropped the charges against the bodega worker for stabbing the black scumbag beating him?

Forum List

Back