Will trump be forced to defend himself in the upcoming Impeachment trial?

He didn't have to in the last one no reason why he would now everyone but the most blind partisans know there will not be a conviction this trial is nothing but partisan political theatre.

He's not protected as President anymore. He's a private citizen and if he's subpened then he has no choice even if it's under the guard of a US Marshal.
Congress does not have the power to investigate, try, and punish a private citizen; and Congress is only empowered to subpoena private citizens for testimony relating to legislation, not as part of any kind of investigation against them.

Show me.

I personally would love to see the man stand before the Senate and try to defend the indefensible. He would begin by rehashing the Big Lie that massive voter fraud caused him to lose. Right there...in front of the entire world...he would show what a lying piece of garbage that he is. I would love to see it but...

1. He is not smart enough to defend himself.
2 He is too cowardly to defend himself.
3. His cult within the Senate will talk him out of it...giving him an excuse to spin the two items above.

What do you think?
How about the Canadian Ted Cruz defending Trump? Teddy wanted to argue Texas' case against the states before the SCOTUS; why not argue Trump's case before the Senate? Of course he should resign first since he would also sit in judgement. Or, perhaps Trump isn't important enough for him.
Why would Cruz bother when the whole thing in unConstitutional? 45 Senators already voted that it is.

It should be challenged on constitutional grounds, like his defense team was planning. Would have been a slam dunk and over with and the dems embarrassed (as much as that it possible). Unfortunately there is no equivalent of a frivolous lawsuit penalty for these jerks wasting our money on this crap - this isn't the judicial branch so the need for such a thing was never considered.

It should be challenged on constitutional grounds, like his defense team was planning. Would have been a slam dunk and over with and the dems embarrassed (as much as that it possible). Unfortunately there is no equivalent of a frivolous lawsuit penalty for these jerks wasting our money on this crap - this isn't the judicial branch so the need for such a thing was never considered.

From the King of the Frivilous Lawsuit Party. Deaf ears on this one. You wrote the book. Learn to live by your own rules.

I personally would love to see the man stand before the Senate and try to defend the indefensible. He would begin by rehashing the Big Lie that massive voter fraud caused him to lose. Right there...in front of the entire world...he would show what a lying piece of garbage that he is. I would love to see it but...

1. He is not smart enough to defend himself.
2 He is too cowardly to defend himself.
3. His cult within the Senate will talk him out of it...giving him an excuse to spin the two items above.

What do you think?
I said when this started he should just ignore the entire farce. The House had on evidence, they presented no witnesses, they presented nothing. Just a knee Jerk vote by Nazi and the gang.

Let the House Clowns show up with nothing again, watch them whine and cry that they don't get to force the Senate to do their job, and laugh all the way to yet another 100% EXONERATION.

Cool thread, Moron.

From the King of the Frivilous Lawsuit Party. Deaf ears on this one. You wrote the book. Learn to live by your own rules.
We're talking about Congress here. Understand?

Oh, I understand that I want to see Justice done so that it let's those that come later know that they can't get away with this type of thing. No exceptions.

We're talking about Congress here. Understand?

Oh, I understand that I want to see Justice done so that it let's those that come later know that they can't get away with this type of thing. No exceptions.
The "type of thing" being chosen by the Fascists in power? Fuck off. :ahole-1:

Forum List

Back