Will trump be forced to defend himself in the upcoming Impeachment trial?

I personally would love to see the man stand before the Senate and try to defend the indefensible. He would begin by rehashing the Big Lie that massive voter fraud caused him to lose. Right there...in front of the entire world...he would show what a lying piece of garbage that he is. I would love to see it but...

1. He is not smart enough to defend himself.
2 He is too cowardly to defend himself.
3. His cult within the Senate will talk him out of it...giving him an excuse to spin the two items above.

What do you think?
I'm guessing he refuses to show.

I personally would love to see the man stand before the Senate and try to defend the indefensible. He would begin by rehashing the Big Lie that massive voter fraud caused him to lose. Right there...in front of the entire world...he would show what a lying piece of garbage that he is. I would love to see it but...

3. His cult within the Senate will talk him out of it...giving him an excuse to spin the two items above.

What do you think?
No. No point in giving an iota of legitimacy to a Stalinist show trial.
So you believe everything was fine about January 6th.

I hope they call in Trump as a material witness and then let him explain to us what really happened, at least the way he sees it.
:)-
He should be a witness. He is the one that started the whole mob attack on the Capitol. He and Giuliani and
He didn't have to in the last one no reason why he would now everyone but the most blind partisans know there will not be a conviction this trial is nothing but partisan political theatre.
The Liar in Chief needs to be held accountable for his part in inciting the riot. This is how it must be done.
You loons keep it up, the bombs they found were placed on January 5th. The riot was pre-planned, all fingers are pointing to the Democrats on this one.

The easiest way to win quickly is the constitutional angle his legal team was planning, but he doesn't want to get off on a technicality. It's a bullshit charge and if you know one thing about Trump, it's that he responds directly to bullshit. It's a big reason he got elected. He's not going to look for some process technicality.
No...he wants to reinforce the BIg Lie...which is why the Capitol was attacked and the reason he was Impeached. And Susan Collins said after his first Impeachment...

Maine Sen. Susan Collins (R) on Tuesday defended her newly announced decision to vote to acquit President Trump in his Senate impeachment trial, saying he has learned "a pretty big lesson" over his dealings with Ukraine.

Trump's acquittal on Wednesday looks all but certain, with Collins the latest possible swing vote to say she would come down against the two House-passed articles of impeachment.

"I believe that the president has learned from this case," she told Norah O'Donnell of CBS News. "The president has been impeached. That's a pretty big lesson."

No, you cannot teach an Imbecile and a possibly mentally unstable human being a lesson with a slap on the wrist. He won't stop his insane lies until someone hits him hard in the wallet. Maybe then he will back off. Rudy is first to learn a hard lesson with Dominion Machines....and then maybe the Liar in Chief.

What do you think?
Can you not get Trump out of your head for one second? Be happy, Biden is president. Anyway Trump did not tell anybody to get violent. Democrats are going to look foolish if the try to impeach him.
Where have you been? They already have! :rolleyes-41:

Unfortunately, no matter how comically bad Trump's defense is, the Republicans will save his skin.

They have to. Their lives would be in danger if they didn't.
Yup, their own careers are more important than defending the Constitution or the US Capitol.

What do you think?
Can you not get Trump out of your head for one second? Be happy, Biden is president. Anyway Trump did not tell anybody to get violent. Democrats are going to look foolish if the try to impeach him.
Maybe he needs that in ALL CAPS? He is the first, so called, president that has been Impeached twice. His political party saves him both times by proving to place their party over their country.

The easiest way to win quickly is the constitutional angle his legal team was planning, but he doesn't want to get off on a technicality. It's a bullshit charge and if you know one thing about Trump, it's that he responds directly to bullshit. It's a big reason he got elected. He's not going to look for some process technicality.
Exactly. Trump would have almost 100% of all the eyeballs watching TV to present his case for "voter fraud" during the impeachment trial..
He just can't let go of "ratings" thing.
A quick legal dismissal of the impeachment on constitutional grounds would be considered a loss by Trump because it would not present "alternate facts" explaining away his loss.

What do you think?
No. No point in giving an iota of legitimacy to a Stalinist show trial.
So you believe everything was fine about January 6th.
No, besides, we know he colluded with the Ruskies, had golden showers in Moscow and cheats on his tax returns.

It's not our first rodeo fat lady.

What do you think?
Maybe he needs that in ALL CAPS? He is the first, so called, president that has been Impeached twice. His political party saves him both times by proving to place their party over their country.
You talking about that shameful event. So for now on in the future if the opposing party is in control of congress. They can just impeach a president, way to go!

He didn't have to in the last one no reason why he would now everyone but the most blind partisans know there will not be a conviction this trial is nothing but partisan political theatre.

He's not protected as President anymore. He's a private citizen and if he's subpened then he has no choice even if it's under the guard of a US Marshal.

Unfortunately, no matter how comically bad Trump's defense is, the Republicans will save his skin.

Yup, their own careers are more important than defending the Constitution or the US Capitol.

Not just their carreers. Also the lives of the Families and themselves.

Since Trump did nothing wrong, why not? They are more afraid of Trump now than when he was in office. The only people Trump ever hurt are the people that are back in power. They are desperate and have to stop him from running again.

He's not protected as President anymore. He's a private citizen and if he's subpened then he has no choice even if it's under the guard of a US Marshal.
Congress does not have the power to investigate, try, and punish a private citizen; and Congress is only empowered to subpoena private citizens for testimony relating to legislation, not as part of any kind of investigation against them.

Congress does not have the power to investigate, try, and punish a private citizen; and Congress is only empowered to subpoena private citizens for testimony relating to legislation, not as part of any kind of investigation against them.
We have Democrats making it up as they go along. They need to challenged on procedure at every turn.

What do you think?
How about the Canadian Ted Cruz defending Trump? Teddy wanted to argue Texas' case against the states before the SCOTUS; why not argue Trump's case before the Senate? Of course he should resign first since he would also sit in judgement. Or, perhaps Trump isn't important enough for him.

Forum List

Back