Will there be a legal challenge for Biden's 300B giveaway college loan EO?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
A legal challenge will likely have to be brought by a sitting US Senator or Congressman (or a group of them) as it's tough to establish "standing" as a regular citizen or a state in these types of cases since nobody has standing till the money is taken, then it's too late.....Good luck raking it back.

It would seem to me that a sitting Senator/Congressman would have standing on the basis that the EO violates the separation of powers.

A legal challenge will likely have to be brought by a sitting US Senator or Congressman (or a group of them) as it's tough to establish "standing" as a regular citizen or a state in these types of cases since nobody has standing till the money is taken, then it's too late.....Good luck raking it back.

It would seem to me that a sitting Senator/Congressman would have standing on the basis that the EO violates the separation of powers.

A student loan servicer would more likely be the one because it cheats them out of a portion of their cut of the grift. They are using a combination of the Higher Ed Act and the Heroes Act to do this and those were already passed by Congress. https://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/leg/foia/secretarys-legal-authority-for-debt-cancellation.pdf

A policy action that seeks to help people must be stopped at all times....a policy action that helps those in the top 10% must be praised ....because capitalism.....

Funny part is...the Heroes Act is a Bush era bill......Biden is using a bill Bush signed to address student loan debt

Which Congressman wants to run on…….I was the one who stopped Student Loan Forgiveness

A policy action that seeks to help people must be stopped at all times....a policy action that helps those in the top 10% must be praised ....because capitalism.....

Funny part is...the Heroes Act is a Bush era bill......Biden is using a bill Bush signed to address student loan debt
Well the Bush bunch were never the brightest bulbs in the pack.....I guess that's why you support it being a kindred sprit and all.

Which Congressman wants to run on…….I was the one who stopped Student Loan Forgiveness
Here in lies the problem. You and your liberal cohorts are fine with politicians making decisions based on politics and what will get them the most votes, instead of doing the right thing. The more you support and vote for these mutts, the worse our lives get.

Unfortunately this is correct.
This was well timed by Dems 3 months before the midterms. Now if Republicans fight this (as they should) they will be seen as the bad guys.

Unfortunately this is correct.
This was well timed by Dems 3 months before the midterms. Now if Republicans fight this (as they should) they will be seen as the bad guys.
Just like they are not running on trying to ban abortion or voting against infrastructure

Here in lies the problem. You and your liberal cohorts are fine with politicians making decisions based on politics and what will get them the most votes, instead of doing the right thing. The more you support and vote for these mutts, the worse our lives get.

Relieving student debt is the right thing to do

No other modern nation allows students and parents to assume so much debt just to get an education

No other modern nation allows students and parents to assume so much debt just to get an education
"Relieving student debt is the right thing to do"
But not for those who already paid back their loans or students starting college TODAY - fuck 'em.

"Relieving student debt is the right thing to do"
But not for those who already paid back their loans or students starting college TODAY - fuck 'em.

Well, sometimes you time things right and sometimes you don’t
Part of life

If it is predatory as your post suggests then why are still allowing lenders to issue the loans? Hmmmm....

Treating the symptom not the problem. Typical modern Democratic Party response and you are too stupid to see it.

I am smarter than rightwinger

It only affect 13% of the population, while the 80% has to pay for it. I think if a congressman does it, he won't have to worry.

Good
Let that Congressman run on taking it away

Also, let him run on….I will ban Abortion in all cases

and the right way to do that is give students the kind of education that will pay for itself

should our schools then do the right thing and forgive the debt?

We used to pay students a reasonable wage while they worked their way through college

Initial employment provided salaries where they could easily pay off their loans

Salaries that have been stagnant for decades ended that

We used to pay students a reasonable wage while they worked their way through college
which proves the problem isn't what they earn in school but the overpriced tuitions they cannot pay back after they graduate
Initial employment provided salaries where they could easily pay off their loans
because tuition wasn't the student burden it is today
Salaries that have been stagnant for decades ended that
no! tuitions ended that, but debt forgiveness has nothing to do with any of this, it is the schools that want nothing to do with what you refer to as "doing the right thing"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back