Will the labor shortage now end? Millions of Americans Set to Lose Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Next Week, No Signs of States Extending

That still doesn't explain how people are not working and able to survive. In our state they estimated that with state and fed unemployment, people were receiving the equivalent to a working person making 57K a year when you consider the taxes people on unemployment don't have to pay.

A theory I have is that people made so much money while on unemployment, when the fed ended theirs, they were able to live comfortably on state unemployment and the money they saved up. Remember too that service sector jobs are mostly kids work who don't have a lot of expenses living at home. They can sit in the basement for many more months smoking pot and playing video games.

So one way or another, we need to rectify this problem. I proposed the idea that if paying people to stay home caused the supply shortage, then maybe paying people to get a job might reverse the damage, say after getting a job and working for a few months, you get a government stimulus check for $1,500. Would that work? I don't know.

Perhaps we need to ask the illegals to come back. Only this time make them legal citizens.

Offering a lazy pot head $1500 isn't going to work. They are lazy.

And I doubt anyone "saved up" money on those stimulus checks. I think all that money went to their pot dealers.

Perhaps we need to ask the illegals to come back. Only this time make them legal citizens.

What do you mean come back? We have a million more in this country since Dementia took over. Yes, that's what the communists want. That's why they created this shortage, so that they can use that as an excuse to keep the invaders in this country. You know, these people will do the work Americans won't do???

Trust me, this was no accident.

What do you mean come back? We have a million more in this country since Dementia took over. Yes, that's what the communists want. That's why they created this shortage, so that they can use that as an excuse to keep the invaders in this country. You know, these people will do the work Americans won't do???

Trust me, this was no accident.
While Democrats argue the surge began before President Joe Biden took office, Republicans argue Biden’s welcoming policies are to blame. A rise in border apprehensions did begin prior to the election under then-President Donald Trump. But the increase in unaccompanied children has spiked significantly in the first full month of the Biden administration.

Title 42 is a public health law the Trump administration began invoking in March 2020 to immediately expel, due to the coronavirus pandemic, those apprehended on the southern border. In November, a federal judge ordered a halt to such deportations of minors. While the Biden administration has continued to use the law to expel adults and some families, it has stopped expelling children.

“We are expelling most single adults and families,” Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in a March 16 statement. “We are not expelling unaccompanied children.”

While that’s certainly the case for single adults, CBP data show, the administration expelled 41% of family units in February, down from 62% who were expelled in January. The Washington Post wrote about the discrepancy.

Brown noted that migration started to increase in April 2020 and “continued to rise through the Biden inauguration. So it is not true that the increase started under Biden.” But the decision not to expel unaccompanied children “sped up the increase.”

“We know that single adults have driven the majority of the total increase in encounters at the border,” Brown said in an email. “But we also have been told by CBP that as many as 1/3 of those are repeat encounters with the same person. We believe that because Title 42 results in rapid expulsion of migrants back to Mexico within a very short period of time, and no immigration process (and therefore no immigration bars being applied), the opportunity cost of migrants to repeatedly try to cross the border is low.”

Sorry, but Republicans can't use that "My body my choice" bullshit anymore. Not after Texas.

Sorry, but left-drones can't use that "my body, my choice" bullshit anymore. Not after vaccine mandates. I know you're too stupid to realize that YOU are the one that's been proven wrong, but that's only because you were stupid enough to be dead wrong all this time in the first place.

:lmao:
You wouldn't last one week on my schedule, boy.
Oh brother. Please explain what is so hectic about your schedule. What time do you wake up? I wake up at 6:30am. Because I have to walk my dog for at least a half hour. Be to work at 8am. Work till 4 or 5. Walk dog till 7pm. Go home make dinner and watch tv till midnight.

I wouldn't want your schedule. That's why I didn't have kids. One of the reasons anyways. Not worth it.

We have the hardest working people on earth. They are wishing up and saying go to heck to bad employers.

We have the hardest working people on earth. They are wishing up and saying go to heck to bad employers.
SO it looks like that unemployment money WASN'T keeping people from working huh?

So let me tell all of you.............last week, I am driving through where a bunch of businesses are, stopped at a light, and there on the corner is guy with a sign that says, "have kids to feed, please help." I look around, and on 3 of the 4 corners there are fast food places that have help wanted signs; one of which had a 500 dollar bonus if you stayed a month working for them. Starting pay for the worst one, was 16 bucks an hr.

So, I roll down my window thinking this guy just showed up, and say "hey, look over there," pointing to the place with the 500 dollar bonus. The guy rolls his eyes, gives me the fickle finger of fate, and keeps marching in the intersection. The guy was around 30, maybe a little older, give or take.

Anyone who thinks this is not just ridiculous, is crazy as hell. How many of YOU would rather march around with a sign, if his sign was even true, when you had gainful employment begging you to work, and had kids to feed? How many of you started at the top? Isn't it about working your way up the ladder, or are we now believing because we are somehow special, we start at the top, lol.

If skills do not get you money, why go to college? If experience doesn't get you more money, then why do people get paid more when they have experience?

What is going on in this country today, is bassackwards. The country is being flushed by the Left, and on these boards as everywhere else, they try and convince you it is the correct thing to do, and if you don't agree with them, then YOU are part of the problem.

While Democrats argue the surge began before President Joe Biden took office, Republicans argue Biden’s welcoming policies are to blame. A rise in border apprehensions did begin prior to the election under then-President Donald Trump. But the increase in unaccompanied children has spiked significantly in the first full month of the Biden administration.

Title 42 is a public health law the Trump administration began invoking in March 2020 to immediately expel, due to the coronavirus pandemic, those apprehended on the southern border. In November, a federal judge ordered a halt to such deportations of minors. While the Biden administration has continued to use the law to expel adults and some families, it has stopped expelling children.

“We are expelling most single adults and families,” Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in a March 16 statement. “We are not expelling unaccompanied children.”

While that’s certainly the case for single adults, CBP data show, the administration expelled 41% of family units in February, down from 62% who were expelled in January. The Washington Post wrote about the discrepancy.

Brown noted that migration started to increase in April 2020 and “continued to rise through the Biden inauguration. So it is not true that the increase started under Biden.” But the decision not to expel unaccompanied children “sped up the increase.”

“We know that single adults have driven the majority of the total increase in encounters at the border,” Brown said in an email. “But we also have been told by CBP that as many as 1/3 of those are repeat encounters with the same person. We believe that because Title 42 results in rapid expulsion of migrants back to Mexico within a very short period of time, and no immigration process (and therefore no immigration bars being applied), the opportunity cost of migrants to repeatedly try to cross the border is low.”

Except for the fact Joe did put out the welcome mat. He reversed most all of Trump's policies such as stay in Mexico, if you were offered asylum from anyplace along the way to our border, it's immediate grounds for rejection. If you want to apply for asylum, you must do so in your own country. Pressuring Mexico to stop migrants from crossing their country to get to ours, or their foreign aid will be cut, and they did stop them, brought back catch and release, or as they call it now, process and release, stopped construction of the border wall, and now we are paying agents to guard all the material instead of having people erect it.

So we are back to where we were before Trump fixed the problem. They get here, promise to go to court, and most of them we'll never see again. Our border agents are so busy taking care of all these kids in shelters they can no longer do their job, just like Joe and the commies planned. They are baby sitting instead of stopping illegal crossings. The Border Patrol reported the border is the worst it's been in 20 years.

SO it looks like that unemployment money WASN'T keeping people from working huh?

It certainly seems to have a lot to do with it since this never happened in our history until this dementia patient invaded the White House.

So let me tell all of you.............last week, I am driving through where a bunch of businesses are, stopped at a light, and there on the corner is guy with a sign that says, "have kids to feed, please help." I look around, and on 3 of the 4 corners there are fast food places that have help wanted signs; one of which had a 500 dollar bonus if you stayed a month working for them. Starting pay for the worst one, was 16 bucks an hr.

So, I roll down my window thinking this guy just showed up, and say "hey, look over there," pointing to the place with the 500 dollar bonus. The guy rolls his eyes, gives me the fickle finger of fate, and keeps marching in the intersection. The guy was around 30, maybe a little older, give or take.

Anyone who thinks this is not just ridiculous, is crazy as hell. How many of YOU would rather march around with a sign, if his sign was even true, when you had gainful employment begging you to work, and had kids to feed? How many of you started at the top? Isn't it about working your way up the ladder, or are we now believing because we are somehow special, we start at the top, lol.

If skills do not get you money, why go to college? If experience doesn't get you more money, then why do people get paid more when they have experience?

What is going on in this country today, is bassackwards. The country is being flushed by the Left, and on these boards as everywhere else, they try and convince you it is the correct thing to do, and if you don't agree with them, then YOU are part of the problem.
You know that guy on the street corner already has a full time job right? He makes a lot of money from idiots who give him money. A LOT. I don't give them shit.

The left isn't ruining this country. Look at how the rich have never been richer. Things are out of wack. Workers aren't making enough and the people at the top have never been richer. Yes things are out of wack and assbackward. It started in the late 70's and 80's with Reagan. Corporations broke the social contract with workers. And things haven't been the same since.

Remember the late 90's? Ford and GM had record profits and paid their employees record profit sharing. But then in the 2000's Republicans said unions were the problem and they sent all those high paying manufacturing jobs overseas.

No longer can a person graduate high school and walk into a factory job that will support a family. It's blue collar hurting the most right? So what do you suggest we do for them?

You know that guy on the street corner already has a full time job right? He makes a lot of money from idiots who give him money. A LOT. I don't give them shit.

The left isn't ruining this country. Look at how the rich have never been richer. Things are out of wack. Workers aren't making enough and the people at the top have never been richer. Yes things are out of wack and assbackward. It started in the late 70's and 80's with Reagan. Corporations broke the social contract with workers. And things haven't been the same since.

Remember the late 90's? Ford and GM had record profits and paid their employees record profit sharing. But then in the 2000's Republicans said unions were the problem and they sent all those high paying manufacturing jobs overseas.

No longer can a person graduate high school and walk into a factory job that will support a family. It's blue collar hurting the most right? So what do you suggest we do for them?
You are a shameless hypocrite. Of course that is typical for a Democrat.

New Topics

Forum List

Back