Will the labor shortage now end? Millions of Americans Set to Lose Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Next Week, No Signs of States Extending

What's wrong with my life? In the summer I go on the boat. I'm 50 and have a 27 year old Belarussian girlfriend. My brother has 65 acres up north where we hunt and play. I go to the dog park or walk my dog in the woods every day. I have a $2000 Ebike I go on 50 mile rides with friends. I am single no kids no debt and make $100,000 a year. I save 34% of my paycheck. Fuck yea I brag.

What's wrong with your life is that you have no life....

This is how you described your day....I wake up at 6:30am. Because I have to walk my dog for at least a half hour. Be to work at 8am. Work till 4 or 5. Walk dog till 7pm. Go home make dinner and watch tv till midnight.

That is not a life, that is more like servitude.

What's wrong with your life is that you have no life....

This is how you described your day....I wake up at 6:30am. Because I have to walk my dog for at least a half hour. Be to work at 8am. Work till 4 or 5. Walk dog till 7pm. Go home make dinner and watch tv till midnight.

That is not a life, that is more like servitude.
Sounds pretty good to me. Please describe your typical day. I can't wait to hear this.

Sounds pretty good to me. Please describe your typical day. I can't wait to hear this.

Well lets start with I can get up at 5:50 and be at work with a warm cup of coffee in my hand by 6. My commute is about a minute from the kitchen to my office. I am done with work between 2 and 3 depending on if there is a late meeting. By the time you get home from work I have gotten in 9 holes or been to the gym or gone for a run and made dinner.

I am married so I am not going to bed alone after 6 hours of watching TV alone. Though my wife is an RN so 7 days out of 14 I do eat dinner alone, but she is home by 8:30 when I have something waiting for her.

If a buddy calls me at 10am and says "lets meet for a round at 1" I can go do so as long as there are no meetings scheduled as I am not an hourly employee.

If my the wife or I decide to take a trip for a few days during her 5 day off stretch I can do that at a moment's notice since I can take my job anywhere that has WiFi or a cell signal.

Well lets start with I can get up at 5:50 and be at work with a warm cup of coffee in my hand by 6. My commute is about a minute from the kitchen to my office. I am done with work between 2 and 3 depending on if there is a late meeting. By the time you get home from work I have gotten in 9 holes or been to the gym or gone for a run and made dinner.

I am married so I am not going to bed alone after 6 hours of watching TV alone. Though my wife is an RN so 7 days out of 14 I do eat dinner alone, but she is home by 8:30 when I have something waiting for her.

If a buddy calls me at 10am and says "lets meet for a round at 1" I can go do so as long as there are no meetings scheduled as I am not an hourly employee.

If my the wife or I decide to take a trip for a few days during her 5 day off stretch I can do that at a moment's notice since I can take my job anywhere that has WiFi or a cell signal.
Pretty good. But I'd have to see a picture before I got jealous. I have a 27 year old Belarusian girlfriend. Most nights I'm glad she's not coming over. She comes over just enough now. When it was 3 times a week it was too much. 1 or 2 days a week is the best.

I also party with my neighbors. 2 girls and another guy. I have a thing for one of these girls. She's in her 50's but still pretty hot. I might give up the 27 year old one day for her, if she'll have me. We seem to be getting closer. The other night I finally got a hug good night. I never got one of those before.

So you sound like you got it good. I'll give you that. But I got it GREAT if you ask me. And if you ask most men who know me, they think I have it great too.

I have tried dating nurses. It's tough. You got to put up with their weird schedule. I know a lot of HOT single nurses. Why are they single? The one at the dog park can never hang with the rest of us because she's always on call. Every other weekend. Annoying AF.

Pretty good. But I'd have to see a picture before I got jealous. I have a 27 year old Belarusian girlfriend. Most nights I'm glad she's not coming over. She comes over just enough now. When it was 3 times a week it was too much. 1 or 2 days a week is the best.

I also party with my neighbors. 2 girls and another guy. I have a thing for one of these girls. She's in her 50's but still pretty hot. I might give up the 27 year old one day for her, if she'll have me. We seem to be getting closer. The other night I finally got a hug good night. I never got one of those before.

So you sound like you got it good. I'll give you that. But I got it GREAT if you ask me. And if you ask most men who know me, they think I have it great too.

Seems I misjudged you. I apologize for my snap judgement.

I have tried dating nurses. It's tough. You got to put up with their weird schedule. I know a lot of HOT single nurses. Why are they single? The one at the dog park can never hang with the rest of us because she's always on call. Every other weekend. Annoying AF.

It takes some getting used to. My wife has been an RN for about a decade now, so about 1/3 of our marriage. She has such a passion for it that it makes me so happy to see her finally get to do it. The long days are hard, but she in turn gets 5 in a row off every two weeks which is very nice. We have done a lot of trips built around these days off.

My daughter is an RN but left the floor in part due to the hours, she did not like being so different in work hours than her friends. Ironically she ended up in LA where almost nobody she knows has a real job so she still have a different work schedule because she has a schedule.

Seems I misjudged you. I apologize for my snap judgement.

It takes some getting used to. My wife has been an RN for about a decade now, so about 1/3 of our marriage. She has such a passion for it that it makes me so happy to see her finally get to do it. The long days are hard, but she in turn gets 5 in a row off every two weeks which is very nice. We have done a lot of trips built around these days off.

My daughter is an RN but left the floor in part due to the hours, she did not like being so different in work hours than her friends. Ironically she ended up in LA where almost nobody she knows has a real job so she still have a different work schedule because she has a schedule.
I can also see the pro's of having a nurse who gets home at 8pm. I walk my dog from 5-7pm every day so I need that time to myself anyways. Unless of course she wants to come on these walks but my point being, I would sort of like having 5-8pm to myself and look forward to the mrs getting home at 8pm. You got it good.

I can also see the pro's of having a nurse who gets home at 8pm. I walk my dog from 5-7pm every day so I need that time to myself anyways. Unless of course she wants to come on these walks but my point being, I would sort of like having 5-8pm to myself and look forward to the mrs getting home at 8pm. You got it good.

Since I work from home I do not really need the "alone" time that you need. There have been times when her 4 day stretch of 12s has gotten a bit long. Mostly in the winter when I could not get out for a round of golf or a good run.

I do love working from home and having no commute, but it does have a few downfalls.

Since I work from home I do not really need the "alone" time that you need. There have been times when her 4 day stretch of 12s has gotten a bit long. Mostly in the winter when I could not get out for a round of golf or a good run.

I do love working from home and having no commute, but it does have a few downfalls.
Yes it does. I've been working from home for 2 years. My boss wants me to come to the office 2 times a week. I'll be honest, I work harder from the office. I take too many breaks working at home. And I don't prospect as much. So I look forward to 2 days a week but last week he made me come in Friday too and I said half day? and he said, "i'm not even going to answer that" so I guess it's 3 days in the office last week.

But then I went to his office and said "how many days do you want me in the office?" expecting him to say 3-5 days and he said 2, so I'm happy. I don't like leaving my dog alone 3-5 days a week but if I must, he can handle it. He did for 4 years so....

My office is 7 minutes away so it's really not that big of a deal if I have to go back to the office. Really, either way, this is a good gig I aint fucking this up. He wants me to come in 5 days, yes massah.

Yes it does. I've been working from home for 2 years. My boss wants me to come to the office 2 times a week. I'll be honest, I work harder from the office. I take too many breaks working at home.

I am not sure what you do for a living, but I get more work done at home where I do not need to worry about anyone but me. In the office there is always someone wanting something. My job is made up of multiple separate projects each with their own timeline and deadlines. All that matters is that the timeline is met and no deadlines are missed. There is now talk we will be made officially 100% remote and if we have to go to the office we will get travel pay. The money saved in not having to provide space for us to work is substantial. I would hate to be in the commercial real estate business right now.

My brother is an architect and they were sent home for COVID like many people were. In July they were told they were expected back in the office full time on 1 Aug. My brother told his boss if he had to come back to the office he would quit and go to a different frim. He now works from home full time with no going back to the office. The only time he leaves for work is to go to a site to make sure they are following the plans. His job is much like mine, he is not hourly and does not have to hold any specific hours for work, he just has to complete his projects.

It is absolutely fucked. And Biden should have NEVER extended it in March.
It is destroying whole industries and private businesses everywhere.
It took me over a month to get my truck fixed... short workers.
It took me a week and a half to het my HVAC looked at - short workers.
Many raw materials are in allocation... short workers.
Restaraunts closed/limited hours/limited menus - short workers.
The list never stops
It is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY pats time to get back to work
While 2,000 Americans were dying a day you idea was to open up and force people back to work?

Seriously? Just as a matter of interest, what was your number? 3,000 or 4,000 dead Americans a day before we say the cost in human life is too high...
The undertakers were doing well I suppose...

I am not sure what you do for a living, but I get more work done at home where I do not need to worry about anyone but me. In the office there is always someone wanting something. My job is made up of multiple separate projects each with their own timeline and deadlines. All that matters is that the timeline is met and no deadlines are missed. There is now talk we will be made officially 100% remote and if we have to go to the office we will get travel pay. The money saved in not having to provide space for us to work is substantial. I would hate to be in the commercial real estate business right now.

My brother is an architect and they were sent home for COVID like many people were. In July they were told they were expected back in the office full time on 1 Aug. My brother told his boss if he had to come back to the office he would quit and go to a different frim. He now works from home full time with no going back to the office. The only time he leaves for work is to go to a site to make sure they are following the plans. His job is much like mine, he is not hourly and does not have to hold any specific hours for work, he just has to complete his projects.
I haven't worked in the office in 9 years... I might do workshops or meetings over a 2 day stretch but actual work of running a team or programming is alway from home..

A LOT of people did that. Told their employer no way to coming back. And a lot of people had to go back full time even if they could totally do their jobs remotely. The controller wants to do that to me but my boss must know I can do my job from home. But I better be doing more prospecting not less. When I get some free time from dealing with current customers, I could be playing here/watching TV at home or prospecting. Sometimes TV or here wins. But at work I work the entire time. I don't let people distract me. I'm pretty much my own island so they leave me alone when they have their team meetings. I don't need to be involved.

Back to work.

I haven't worked in the office in 9 years... I might do workshops or meetings over a 2 day stretch but actual work of running a team or programming is alway from home..

My BIL has worked from home for more than 20. He was an engineer of sorts for ATT (helped design phone systems for customers) . During one of their re-orgs they laid all of them off and used contract workers to do it. His boss knew it was coming and started his own company and hired all the folks ATT laid off. One Friday he was working for ATT, on Monday he was working for a contract company, there literally was no office for him to go to any longer. He is still doing that same thing 20 years later. He is working with the USDA to get things so many of the USDA employees can become permanent remote workers.

I do not think things will ever go back to pre-COVID standards as far as working from an office. One of my golf buddies works for ATT out of St Louis. They have made 50% of that work force permanent remote workers.

My BIL has worked from home for more than 20. He was an engineer of sorts for ATT (helped design phone systems for customers) . During one of their re-orgs they laid all of them off and used contract workers to do it. His boss knew it was coming and started his own company and hired all the folks ATT laid off. One Friday he was working for ATT, on Monday he was working for a contract company, there literally was no office for him to go to any longer. He is still doing that same thing 20 years later. He is working with the USDA to get things so many of the USDA employees can become permanent remote workers.

I do not think things will ever go back to pre-COVID standards as far as working from an office. One of my golf buddies works for ATT out of St Louis. They have made 50% of that work force permanent remote workers.
Some day they may start micro managing people who work from home to make sure they are working 8 hours. Then it won't be any fun.

So if employment did not increase when removing extra unemployment benefits….

IT FUCKING PROVES THE EXTRA BENEFITS WERE NOT NEEDED…you dumb fucking lefties.

How retarded are you fools?

Forum List

Back