Will Republicans shut down the Government over Planned Parenthood?

My God that's a stupid argument. BTW, I told you what I personally do to support planned parenthood. What do you do?

Abortions are not funded by government money at Planned Parenthood, period. The fact that you highlight the difference between private charity and government means you should know the difference.

Medicaid does in fact pay for abortions making you wrong, but you have ignored that all along because it does not fit with your wishes.

You have also ignored the fact that providing tax payer funding for teen pregnancy testing allows Planned Parenthood funds to reallocate from said testing that they would have provided anyway for abortions.

Very convenient on your part.

Immie
Nope, it's not legal.

Louise Slaughter just said that she was there in '94 when the republicons wanted to kill the National Endowment for the Arts, and now they want to kill women.

So, Louise Slaughter is a partisan idiot from NY. Are we supposed to change our minds based on her lies?

Immie
They assume WE are as weak-minded as they are Immie.

On the contrary the evil on the right is very strong minded.

They have the best politicians money can buy.

My God that's a stupid argument. BTW, I told you what I personally do to support planned parenthood. What do you do?

Abortions are not funded by government money at Planned Parenthood, period. The fact that you highlight the difference between private charity and government means you should know the difference.

Medicaid does in fact pay for abortions making you wrong, but you have ignored that all along because it does not fit with your wishes.

You have also ignored the fact that providing tax payer funding for teen pregnancy testing allows Planned Parenthood funds to reallocate from said testing that they would have provided anyway for abortions.

Immie

Teachers unions, ACORN, Planned Parenthood, Muslims, blacks, gays, mexicans, NPR, the EPA, climate scientists,...the list of Republican enemies never ends.

Do you ever just listen to yourself?

Immie
Nope, it's not legal.

Nope you are wrong even your beloved National Abortion Federation states so. Not that I ever expect your side to be honest and admit that.

National Abortion Federation: Common Questions and Myths about Abortion

Q. Does military insurance cover the cost of an abortion?
A. At this time, military health plans cover abortion only in cases of life endangerment.

Q. Does Medicaid or other state-assisted health insurance cover the cost of an abortion?
A. Medicaid is only required to cover abortion in cases of rape, incest, or life endangerment. However, some states do cover abortion as part of their Medicaid policies.

Medicaid is the United States health program for people and families with low incomes and resources. It is a means-tested program that is jointly funded by the state and federal governments, and is managed by the states.[1] Among the groups of people served by Medicaid are certain U.S. citizens and resident aliens, including low-income adults and their children, and people with certain disabilities. Poverty alone does not necessarily qualify someone for Medicaid. Medicaid is the largest source of funding for medical and health-related services for people with limited income in the United States.

Immie

Last edited:
Unwanted children are much more likely to be abused.

So being anti abortion is being pro child abuse.

One more Republican evil.

Last edited:

Immie

That is ridiculous. The 'reallocation' or 'freeing up other money' argument is nothing more than a concession that it is not in fact government money that PP uses for abortion.

Your argument is based on the false premise that PP budgets its private donation money in strict proportions to abortion and non-abortion services, and can then only increase abortion funding if government money comes in to displace non-abortion services money.

That is laughably preposterous.

ONLY if PP spent more money on abortion services than the TOTAL amount of its private money could an argument be made that government money was used for abortions.

Medicaid only pays for abortion in the case of rape, incest, or danger to the life of the mother,
none of which is material to this conversation.

Immie

That is ridiculous. The 'reallocation' or 'freeing up other money' argument is nothing more than a concession that it is not in fact government money that PP uses for abortion.

Your argument is based on the false premise that PP budgets its private donation money in strict proportions to abortion and non-abortion services, and can then only increase abortion funding if government money comes in to displace non-abortion services money.

That is laughably preposterous.

ONLY if PP spent more money on abortion services than the TOTAL amount of its private money could an argument be made that government money was used for abortions.

Medicaid only pays for abortion in the case of rape, incest, or danger to the life of the mother,
none of which is material to this conversation.

Bullshit and stop wiggling it is unbecoming of a human being.

You must be tired, because you obviously are incapable of reading the argument tonight.

Every dime of federal money given to PP for any purpose at all is a dime received from private funds that they can take from that purpose and allocate to abortions.

Only a financial idiot would not recognize that fact and since I know you are not a financial idiot, I can only surmise that you are being disingenuous.

Immie

They want to bring as many poor, neglected children into the world as possible. Then they'll demand the death penalty or life in prison at @ $50,000/yr after they end up robbing a bank

Republicans are willing to stop paying our brave troops....just so they can kill Planned Parenthood

Seriously? No one on the left cares enough to fund planned parenthood with their own dollars? If it's not funded with someone elses through the power of government guns it will "kill" it? If your story is true, you obviously don't give a shit about planned parenthood and your refusing to pay the troops was a pathetic political stunt, wasn't it?

Republicans are willing to stop paying our brave troops....just so they can kill Planned Parenthood

Red herrings and strawmen are everywhere. Why didn't the dems proffer a budget in 2010?

Yes, they had both chambers and the white house and waited over three months for the Republicans to take control of one chamber to do it. It was an incredible cop out and dereliction of duty.

Riddle me this?

*WHY* is Government getting involved in life decisions that should be taught from HOME, and responsible parents?

Because in a civilized society the strong protect the weak. The amount of money is not the real issue here.

We're talking about 75 million dollars to PP affiliates which by law is NOT used toward abortion.

Why totally abolish Title X over that? :cuckoo:

Seriously? The United States of America is going to shut down the $3.55 TRILLION DOLLAR federal budget over THAT........?

Title X of the Public Health Service Act, titled "Population Research and Voluntary Family Planning Programs"[1], is a U.S. government program signed into law by President Nixon on December 26, 1970 to provide family planning services. It is the only federal grant program exclusively devoted to providing access to family planning and related health services.[2]

Title X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

republicans hate abortion but they also hate women doing things that will prevent abortions

I'm all for abortions and birth control what I'm not for is footing the bill for someone else's abortions and birth control.

And just how much do we save by knock out planned parenthood from the budget?

No one's arguing that planned parenthood is over balancing the budget. Buy a clue.
I think the figure is about 75 million which is about .02% of the budget, a rounding error. Funny, I thought this was all about reducing the deficit. Guess not. If the government is shutdown we probably spend more that due the shutdown.

You don't think that, you're playing a shallow word game. Planned parenthood was over government funded abortions, not budget deficit. So here's the deal.

1) Man up and admit you are full of crap on this and you made it up as a pathetic partisan stunt to win political points.

2) Show me a quote by any Republican leader that they were cutting planned parenthood as a "budget" cut and not a government funded abortion issue and I'll admit I'm a Republican bitch.

3) Or admit you are a Democratic bitch by not manning up to your lie, backing up your statement and not responding to this. I'm going to bring this post back when you don't back your stupid post up with any quote that this is a budget cut and not over abortion.

***Bitch***

Last edited:
So, Louise Slaughter is a partisan idiot from NY. Are we supposed to change our minds based on her lies?

Immie
They assume WE are as weak-minded as they are Immie.

On the contrary the evil on the right is very strong minded.

They have the best politicians money can buy.

Right, not wanting to be a slave to government is "evil." My God, grow a pair, Nancy.

Teachers unions, ACORN, Planned Parenthood, Muslims, blacks, gays, mexicans, NPR, the EPA, climate scientists,...the list of Republican enemies never ends.

Do you ever just listen to yourself?

You have to argue like this because liberalism is illogical and countered by all empirical data. Since you can't support any of your views, you have to resort to demogery and ad hominem attacks. It's all you have left since you're not man enough to take care of yourself or take responsibility to make things you believe in happen on your own. Republicans pay more taxes then liberals, then out charity them by a wide margin. But still, if they don't do it through government, it doesn't count. I have no problem with you practicing your liberal religion. I do have a problem with you forcing me to.

Republicans will have many more chances to shut down Government and make themsleves look like fools.

The one thing that Americans should learn from this is the GOP is desperate to force their agenda on America. They want to:
1. Force their agenda of racism and exclusionism
2. Protect the rich and corporations

That is their two big points to be made. It should be chrystal clear to everyone that if the GOP (tea baggers) gain the Senate and WH in 2012, the poor in the country will be in their sights. The lower class will be pressured out and the attack on the middle class will begin.

I hope voters realize who and what they will be voting for. These are the folks who give the rich huge tax breaks and then turn around and cut as many programs for the poor as possible. They call that "fair and balanced."

I can only assume that this was sarcasm, right? Anyone who argues that abortion benifits the aborted is arguing an oxymoron. To say that being dead is better than alive in any context is pretty silly, but in the case of an otherwise healthy child because of a higher instance of abuse posibly being a factor? Wow, again, this has to be sarcastic, right?

Forum List

Back