Will the federal government shut down?

It bugs me no end that whenever the federal government shuts down because of a lack of agreement on a budget, the media blames Republicans. A shutdown happens because of the lack of agreement. For years, Democrats have proposed many ridiculous ideas yet when Republicans suggest a little common sense, they get blamed for the shutdown.

Shut it down. Declare that Border Patrol and Customs is unnecessary. Send them home. Then if I was Biden I’d go home to Delaware. Sit on the back porch and drink beer. After notifying the District Electrical Company that power to Congress and their office buildings is not necessary.

It's a Republican vs Republican fight going that is threatening a shut down. Anti-McCarthy members are claiming he hasn't lived up to a variety of deals which gained him the Speakers position.

In a closed-door party meeting on Thursday, McCarthy directly addressed hardline critics who have been threatening to file a "motion to vacate" challenge to his leadership unless spending for the fiscal year beginning Oct. 1 is cut to a level $120 billion lower than McCarthy and Democratic President Joe Biden agreed to in May.

It’s become clear that McCarthy’s move to placate his right flank by launching an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden isn’t working. He still lacks the votes to pass a stopgap bill to keep the government open past Sept. 30. And some conservatives are still threatening to force a vote stripping him of the speakership.

The government employees I know are all earning six-figures and hoping for a shutdown. They look at it as a paid vacation.

It bugs me no end that whenever the federal government shuts down because of a lack of agreement on a budget, the media blames Republicans. A shutdown happens because of the lack of agreement. For years, Democrats have proposed many ridiculous ideas yet when Republicans suggest a little common sense, they get blamed for the shutdown.

it bugs me when the first act (on the way out the door) by deep State operative John Boner was to draft a bill guaranteeing full pay for every GOVT employee no matter how long they don’t work. Try getting that in Silicon Valley.

This becomes a paid vacation for many. Since the Fauchi Flu, probably 25% many work from home already. How many contribute any useful output for Taxpayers?

Sorry bout that,

1. I'm ok with a temp closure, on the whole damn thing till next election is here.
2. Everybody go home, last one to leave place a CLOSED sign on the White House and every other building that is a support group, leave open the Pentagon, national defense, all the rest, CLOSED.
3. Let the states with a border deal with their border.
4. Revolving door, they will be sending them right back, where they came from, as fast as they come into our country.
5. No VISA, no entry, no passport, get the fuck out!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

Forum List

Back