Will motorcyclelists accept E-Bikes?

E-Bikes are going to have to up their game a bit ...

strike_banner.jpg

I had a motorcyclelist tell me that he likes the loud noise the gas motorcycle engine makes. He said it alerts people that he is coming.

I hate that any electric vehicles are so quiet.

Over the years I trained myself to cross streets barely looking and instead used sound. A few years back an electric motorcycle made me abandon that when I was nearly hit by the stupid silent thing.

My son’s buddy has one. He’s probably 30 years old and he loves it. My guess is the younger folks will go for ebikes big time.

Will people who ride motorcycles accept Electric motor cycles. ? Your thoughts.

I don't know if it's a good idea to generalize that way.

The people who ride motorcycles are as diverse as the people of our nation.

I think it has more to do with where the person lives.

I've traveled to the middle part of our nation recently and it's still the same as it was the other times I've been to that part of the nation, all gas guzzlers. All regular gas vehicles. Most of them big vehicles and made in America. Which I commend them for buying American. More people should. However American car makers need to make more hybrid and electric vehicles. Hybrid vehicles that get at least 50 mpg like the one I own now. If they did, I would buy one.

While here in the west there are a wide variety of types of vehicles. I, personally made the choice to never buy a regular gas car again in 2001 when I bought the first hybrid car I've owned. The one I own now is my fourth.

There are fully electric vehicles all over the place here. Hybrids and flex fuel vehicles too.

I see electric bicycles and scooters too.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see electric motorcycles here but I would be shocked to see someone in the middle America states to own one.

I'd take one for my collection, but the price needs to drop.
Harley wants $30K for their new 'Livewire', which is ridiculous for such a plain jane bike.

1620176581441.png

Forum List

Back