Another electric bus explodes in London

luiza

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2022
Not reported earlier because police wanted to first interview a one legged midget who spoke with a Welsh accent and was seen acting suspiciously under his jacket .
This caught my eye within the full report
"But yesterday’s incident was just the latest example of safety faults with electric vehicles – which were the fastest growing cause of fires in the capital last year, according to the London Fire Brigade. In 2023 there were 150 e-bike fires in London, along with 28 e-scooter fires, which was 53 per cent more than in 2022."
I was going to buy an ebike for fun and now I have suddenly become less keen and will stick to four wheels and putting on a few ounces .

bus.webp

Another one goes up in flames. It happens quite frequently now….

Electric double-decker buses in London will remain in service despite growing safety concerns after one burst into flames in Wimbledon during the school-run.

A huge blast ripped off the back of an Optare Metrodecker 1050 bus travelling from Mitcham to Raynes Park in South West London at 7.20am.

It came nearly two years after all Metrodeckers were temporarily taken out of service for safety checks in May 2022 when two were involved in a fire at Potters Bar bus garage in Hertfordshire – before being returned to service days later.

Kudos for the Tommy reference, but yeah, it looks as if electric buses are not viable or safe.

They need to protect the batteries from moisture better, I guarantee that's what the problem is.

Forum List

Back