Will libs fight to pull the plug on this girl

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/01/nyregion/01organ.html?_r=1&

this will lead to decreased availability of organs as ALL the potential donors will simply withdraw their organ donation decision.

I changed my decision from being an organ donor to NOT donating after that idiotic rule by a judge in PA to put the unfit medically 10 yo girl in front of everybody else.

I have never been an organ donor. When I found out that the organs are removed without anesthesia, I became firmly against organ donation. The donor might be dead, or not, take your chances.

If people can be forced to treat a man as a woman why can't you be forced to treat a corpse as alive ? Only certain people get to deny reality?

If a judge can make a legal determination that a man is a woman, there is nothing stopping a judge from making a legal determination that a corpse is alive. If mom is getting welfare or AFDC, the loss of a child could have a severe impact on the family income. All they need to do is find the right judge.

this will lead to decreased availability of organs as ALL the potential donors will simply withdraw their organ donation decision.

I changed my decision from being an organ donor to NOT donating after that idiotic rule by a judge in PA to put the unfit medically 10 yo girl in front of everybody else.

I have never been an organ donor. When I found out that the organs are removed without anesthesia, I became firmly against organ donation. The donor might be dead, or not, take your chances.

that is not true.
they are removed without anesthesiologist usually with anesthesia provided by the transplant team, but in some hospitals an anesthesiologist, a resident or an AA/CRNA are doing the job.

anesthesia is provided because the autonomic reflexes of the BODY are still present and nociceptive stimulation provokes the standard response to pain - and damages the organs.

Because of this I am extremely skeptical on the transplant squads NYC is starting.
However, they are recovering kidneys only.
Plus, as far as I know, the similar projects FAILED in Europe as the organ quality is so low that it is not worth the move.

If people can be forced to treat a man as a woman why can't you be forced to treat a corpse as alive ? Only certain people get to deny reality?

If a judge can make a legal determination that a man is a woman, there is nothing stopping a judge from making a legal determination that a corpse is alive. If mom is getting welfare or AFDC, the loss of a child could have a severe impact on the family income. All they need to do is find the right judge.

Yes, I am sure the mom is worried about welfare right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Our wonderful 'Conservatives'. One moment it's 'let him die', the next it's 'use any means to keep the body functioning, no matter what the condition of the brain'. Could it be that this has nothing to do with morality and everything to do with politics?

It has nothing to do with Conservatives. Doctors the family hired made the call.

Yes, I am sure the mom is worried about welfare right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had mothers whose children were still bleeding in the street call me and ask for an advance on the car accident case. Call 911! What kind of person are you?

Never underestimate the power of money grubbing.

that is not true.
they are removed without anesthesiologist usually with anesthesia provided by the transplant team, but in some hospitals an anesthesiologist, a resident or an AA/CRNA are doing the job.

anesthesia is provided because the autonomic reflexes of the BODY are still present and nociceptive stimulation provokes the standard response to pain - and damages the organs.

Because of this I am extremely skeptical on the transplant squads NYC is starting.
However, they are recovering kidneys only.
Plus, as far as I know, the similar projects FAILED in Europe as the organ quality is so low that it is not worth the move.

That's good to know. Why then is NYC still using death vans?

Katz, you believe this little girl is indeed brain dead, so would you be opposed to organ donation in her case?

If a doctor says I am brain dead, chances are, I am dead. I am donating my organs. Believing that you might still be alive during the organ harvesting is an irrational fear.

Nobody is dead who has their organs removed. They are dead after they are removed . You cannot extract vital organs from a corpse.

Nobody is dead who has their organs removed. They are dead after they are removed . You cannot extract vital organs from a corpse.

You are legally dead on a ventilator.

So why aren't they rotting? Another Libby denial of reality. Let's assume that someone is 'brain dead' with zero brain function, you don't think they are living. So are trees not living because they lack brains?

Forum List

Back