Will it matter who is elected?

^^^

Lost decades in Japan?

... ok.. I think your originality in speech is a novelty.... I don't understand a word you are saying .... I better keep my mouth shut :badgrin::D
Productivity increases = fewer jobs and lower incomes that buy a lot more stuff of higher quality.

Take something simple. With a slow cooker, a freezer and a microwave oven I can eat a much wider variety of nutritious soups with less prep time and at lower cost than if I bought a can of Prego or Campbell's. In NYC the space needed for a slowcooker and separate freezer would wipe out the savings.

So rebuilding after Sandy will be less than expected. Taking the insurance money and moving to FL, GA, AL or MS a new house can be outright and with more room costs can go lower much faster than income. In fact we are getting buried under snowbirds who have been doing that for decades.
Problem being that the regulatory hurdles that will need to be cleared as the rebuilding goes on are staggeringly higher than when they were when those areas of NY & NJ were built....It took 11 months during the Depression to build the Empire State Building, yet WTC is still a big hole in the ground 11 years later.
Good point. If New York had been hit by the 1930s Long Island hurricane again nothing would save it now. Just the difference of cold air sinking vs. warm air rising, what makes AC so much cheaper than heating increases living costs tremendously up there. That's why the WTC is taking so long to rebuild, the financial tenants available in 2001 to fill the twin towers have moved to NC or been laid off due to automation. NY can't afford to let the WTC be built because the tenant base to fill the building is simply not there anymore. Going Chinese with empty show buildings would lead to a mass exodus, not acting like they want to rebuild would hurt in other ways just as bad. The 2020 census is going to be a massive shock to the blue states.

Last edited:
^^^

But
Kevin_Kennedy, Obamanus is the worst of the lot .... he will down in History as the worst... in my, and millions of other people's opinion. :(

Doubtful.

lots of people despised MLK.....now no city in the USA can survive unless a major boulevard is named after him.

Our system is specifically designed so whoever is Pesident has very little power over us,

Which makes our Presidential election angst so ironic.

Presidents lately don't use the veto as much as they should. That's how they can make a big impact...stop signing disastrous bills into law.

Productivity increases = fewer jobs and lower incomes that buy a lot more stuff of higher quality.

Take something simple. With a slow cooker, a freezer and a microwave oven I can eat a much wider variety of nutritious soups with less prep time and at lower cost than if I bought a can of Prego or Campbell's. In NYC the space needed for a slowcooker and separate freezer would wipe out the savings.

So rebuilding after Sandy will be less than expected. Taking the insurance money and moving to FL, GA, AL or MS a new house can be outright and with more room costs can go lower much faster than income. In fact we are getting buried under snowbirds who have been doing that for decades.
Problem being that the regulatory hurdles that will need to be cleared as the rebuilding goes on are staggeringly higher than when they were when those areas of NY & NJ were built....It took 11 months during the Depression to build the Empire State Building, yet WTC is still a big hole in the ground 11 years later.
Good point. If New York had been hit by the 1930s Long Island hurricane again nothing would save it now. Just the difference of cold air sinking vs. warm air rising, what makes AC so much cheaper than heating increases living costs tremendously up there. That's why the WTC is taking so long to rebuild, the financial tenants available in 2001 to fill the twin towers have moved to NC or been laid off due to automation. NY can't afford to let the WTC be built because the tenant base to fill the building is simply not there anymore. Going Chinese with empty show buildings would lead to a mass exodus, not acting like they want to rebuild would hurt in other ways just as bad. The 2020 census is going to be a massive shock to the blue states.

With the devastation from Sandy, I'm sure some of those WTC suites can be converted into residential apartments.

Forum List

Back