Will Iran be held accountable for shooting down the Ukrainian passenger jet or will they skate free?

Ok, as I said before, I thought the previous pic was a pic of the tip of a missile.

I had to look for a while, but this is what hit that Airplane. It is a TOR 29 Russian Made Anti Aircraft Missile.

The weird angle and shadows made it hard for me to identify it.

23174966-0-image-m-37_1578534181449.jpg

Surface-to-air_guided_missile_9M330.jpg

9M330-Gauntlet-1S.jpg

And these tips by the way frequently separate from the body of the missile upon impact. Note the small image on the pic below at the upper right hand side. Identical to what was found at the crash site.

9M330Tor1-642x336.jpg

BY THE WAY, WHERE DID ALL THE IRANIAN TROLLS GO?
The Frag/HE warhead you showed definitely did not detonate. I thought they had a proximity fuse, but a sudden 1 1/2 foot impact through air frame or fuel tanks would probably take out almost anything. I'm no missle guy either. I wen wikipedia.
An impact would rupture the fuel reservoir on the missile. Most of these are filled with liquid propellant. At that point despite the warhead not detonating, the missile especially not having traveled too far is full of propellant and becomes a giant Fuel Air Bomb, detonating The Propellant & destroying the airplane.

SAM's use solid rocket fuel
Google SAMS with Liquid Propellant. Does not matter if it was liquid or solid, it would detonate on impact because you rupture the fuel reservoir. Some SAMs have solid and liquid propellant and others just liquid or solid.

Looking up the specs, The TORs are solid propellant, but it really doesn't matter because once that missile made impact the propellant was already ignited, and once the missile ruptured you would have had a huge explosion.

So exactly what is your point? Anything?

Are you trying to say solid propellant can't explode?
Delta II Rocket Falls to the Odds

Last edited:
Ok, as I said before, I thought the previous pic was a pic of the tip of a missile.

I had to look for a while, but this is what hit that Airplane. It is a TOR 29 Russian Made Anti Aircraft Missile.

9M330-Gauntlet-1S.jpg

And these tips by the way frequently separate from the body of the missile upon impact. Note the small image on the pic below at the upper right hand side. Identical to what was found at the crash site.

9M330Tor1-642x336.jpg

The Frag/HE warhead you showed definitely did not detonate. I thought they had a proximity fuse, but a sudden 1 1/2 foot impact through air frame or fuel tanks would probably take out almost anything. I'm no missle guy either. I wen wikipedia.
An impact would rupture the fuel reservoir on the missile. Most of these are filled with liquid propellant. At that point despite the warhead not detonating, the missile especially not having traveled too far is full of propellant and becomes a giant Fuel Air Bomb, detonating The Propellant & destroying the airplane.

Google SAMS with Liquid Propellant. Does not matter if it was liquid or solid, it would detonate on impact because you rupture the fuel reservoir. Some SAMs have solid and liquid propellant and others just liquid or solid.

Looking up the specs, The TORs are solid propellant, but it really doesn't matter because once that missile made impact the propellant was already ignited, and once the missile ruptured you would have had a huge explosion.

The old time SAM's were liquid propellant. The modern SAM's are all solid fuel now. They have much faster reaction times which is essential in the jet age.

Solid propellants are actually even more destructive than the liquid propellants. The HMS Sheffield was destroyed more by the fires the solid fuel started than by the warhead damage, as an example.

9M330-Gauntlet-1S.jpg

9M330Tor1-642x336.jpg

The old time SAM's were liquid propellant. The modern SAM's are all solid fuel now. They have much faster reaction times which is essential in the jet age.

Solid propellants are actually even more destructive than the liquid propellants. The HMS Sheffield was destroyed more by the fires the solid fuel started than by the warhead damage, as an example.

I agree. Understand the stuff I was typing was being typed as I was trying to figure out what type of missile hit The Airliner. I was mostly concerned at first with just getting the identification right, and more or less as best as I can prove that the airliner was taken down by an Iranian-Russian Missile, and it was, and I got the ID of the missile correct too.

It was a TOR 29

It would be pretty coincidental that a rocket would move right in the flight pattern of that plane. I think the Iranians seen it on radar and suspected it was a US war plane, and shot it down intentionally.
I can't honestly believe it was allowed to take off that night. how fking stupid with rockets and missiles in the air. or, perhaps the plane was empty. I mean, Canadians on that plane? Really? in Iran?

We all know how first reports are. It's impossible to say what happened this early after the plane went down. Many of these situations take years before a final determination is made. So I respect that nobody is making knee-jerk judgments with little evidence to back it up.

No, I don't believe the plane had Canadians on it. That would be the most illogical thing to conclude. Canada has no interest in Iran, and it certainly is no vacation spot.

But it's been reported in did have 60 Canadians on board.

We will see. Like I said, what interest would Canadians have in Iran? I never trust first reports anyway. The truth will come out by next week I would imagine.

Little Clarity, Many Theories in Ukraine Airline Crash in Iran

Looking at the MASSIVE debris field it becomes quite clear that the plane exploded.
1. There are millions of LITTLE pieces and they are all charred. Even the blackbox was burned.
2. Iran refusing to allow Boeing access to the black box.
3. Plane took off only hours after missiles had been launched by Iran. As a result Iran was on the HIGHEST of alert level expecting an American response.
4. Plane was full of Canadian's. Why are there Canadian's in Iran?

Obviously I can not prove that the plane was shot down but all the evidence points to an Iranian itchy trigger finger at a missile defense site.
None of our business. We must stop being the world police.

Looking at the MASSIVE debris field it becomes quite clear that the plane exploded.
1. There are millions of LITTLE pieces and they are all charred. Even the blackbox was burned.
3. Plane took off only hours after missiles had been launched by Iran. As a result Iran was on the HIGHEST of alert level expecting an American response.

Obviously I can not prove that the plane was shot down but all the evidence points to an Iranian itchy trigger finger at a missile defense site.
we are part of the UN right? It becomes our business.

No. Its none of our business. Period. Stop being world police.

PM Trudeau on crash of Ukrainian plane in Tehran: "We have intelligence from multiple sources, including our allies and our own intelligence; the evidence indicates that the plane was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile. This may well have been unintentional." #cdnpoli

we're not a part of the UN? wow, that's odd. I could have sworn we were. Why is it in the US then?

It would be pretty coincidental that a rocket would move right in the flight pattern of that plane. I think the Iranians seen it on radar and suspected it was a US war plane, and shot it down intentionally.
I can't honestly believe it was allowed to take off that night. how fking stupid with rockets and missiles in the air. or, perhaps the plane was empty. I mean, Canadians on that plane? Really? in Iran?

We all know how first reports are. It's impossible to say what happened this early after the plane went down. Many of these situations take years before a final determination is made. So I respect that nobody is making knee-jerk judgments with little evidence to back it up.

No, I don't believe the plane had Canadians on it. That would be the most illogical thing to conclude. Canada has no interest in Iran, and it certainly is no vacation spot.

But it's been reported in did have 60 Canadians on board.

We will see. Like I said, what interest would Canadians have in Iran? I never trust first reports anyway. The truth will come out by next week I would imagine.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada

Lets say theoretically that Iran acknowledges it accidentally shot down the airliner because their air defenses mistakenly considered it to be the enemy.

How liable is Iran at that point? How should Iran be held accountable?

I suspect you think there is a world government. To hold countries "liable," "accountable," to put them in jail.

There isn't a world government.

Wow- there isn't a world government? Duh.

There are other ways countries can be held accountable other than putting people in jail.

The question really is whether Iran should be. Or any country should be- this is hardly the first airliner shot down by a country in error.

Which we don't bother to belong to, since they are powerless over any truly sovereign nations.
Actually, we do. Well, better put, we use them to arbitrate disputes and we abide by their decisions, usually. . Why are you just making shit up? You're an odd little fecker, aren't ya?

Passenger jets being shot down is none of our business? Are you nuts?

Why should it be our business? It was over their airspace, not ours.

Why should it be our business? It was over their airspace, not ours.
????

This can't be a serious response

Can you prove that Iran shot down that 737? or do we just jump to conclusions because it's evil Iran?

Shame you're banned so I can't rub this in your face

Nobody went anywhere.
False. They had 3 hours to evacuate and prepare, which they did:

3 Hours From Alert to Attacks: Inside the Race to Protect U.S. Forces From Iran Strikes

Every time I bother to read one of your posts, I catch you making shit up.

You are a member of the Commie Times and I'm not about to start an account to read their garbage. Of course they knew of the launch but had no idea the exact target at the time. Where would they run to? They might be running right into where the missiles were designated to go.

These airbases are heavily fortified. They went into underground bunkers.

BTW - the missiles hit at least 1 airbase and destroyed multiple buildings.

Nobody went anywhere.
False. They had 3 hours to evacuate and prepare, which they did:

3 Hours From Alert to Attacks: Inside the Race to Protect U.S. Forces From Iran Strikes

Every time I bother to read one of your posts, I catch you making shit up.

You are a member of the Commie Times and I'm not about to start an account to read their garbage. Of course they knew of the launch but had no idea the exact target at the time. Where would they run to? They might be running right into where the missiles were designated to go.

These airbases are heavily fortified. They went into underground bunkers.

BTW - the missiles hit at least 1 airbase and destroyed multiple buildings.
buildings that were negotiated to hit.

Forum List

Back