Will Iran be held accountable for shooting down the Ukrainian passenger jet or will they skate free?

Which is still accidently because they didn't intend to shoot down an airliner.

Same thing when the Vincennes shot down that Iranian airliner. The firing was intentional, but the target wasn't the intended one.

I don't know much about that. But I do suspect with the technology out today, they had some way to decipher between a passenger plane and fighter jet. And given the money DumBama gave them, they could probably have afforded the best detection systems.

I would also think these sandbox warriors had some access to flight records of passenger jets as well. Again, I'm not very well educated on planes and detection systems, but I do believe in the end, it will be proven it could have easily been avoided.
Passenger jets have a transponder that constantly pings so everyone knows who it is and where it is at any given moment.

Military fighter jets obviously don't do that.

Does the Iranian Missile control systems have something that looks for the civilian ping? Even if it does, they would have the ability to ignore it if they think someone is using said pinger to disguise a military aircraft.

Most of these systems have an IFF (Identify Friend or Foe) component that looks for a signal friendly aircraft broadcast, but this signal is encoded, for obvious reasons. Not sure if IFF could be set to look for civilian pingers.
Well, here is a problem with Iran. Same as Hezbollah. And The PLO. They build a lot of homemade rockets. So they could model one say after an SA 8, and then who knows what guidance and tech is in it, or how good it is, or even how good the operator is at distinguishing hostile from friendlies?

Seriously, this could have been a home made SAM System, or an older discontinued system that detected a false positive and then just took the plane out.

I think this was accidental on their part, either by panic or equipment failure. There is no benefit to shooting down a Ukrainian Airliner in a conflict with the US.

I have a feeling that right when the plane got hit, you had some missile battery commander going "Oh shit, Oh Shit, Oh Shit" in Farsi.
I was looking at that pic of that missile again, and it looks like the tip of a missile and that the ordinance did not explode. Am I seeing that right? The shadows are making it hard to get a good look at the thing. The ordinance and upper fins looks separated from the body.

Now, regardless, if that thing hit that plane that had just taken off, there was a lot of fuel left in that rocket, & the Fuel left in that rocket, would have made a HUGE Explosion.

To me this looks like a missile that did not detonate it's ordinance, but would have easily taken this airliner out, probably fueled by liquid hydrogen.
23174966-0-image-m-37_1578534181449.jpg

Also a reasonable piece of evidence is this.

DURING the Iranian attack they put out a public statement saying that this was just the first phase of the attack. Then suddenly they retracted that an hour or so later and said that hostilities were concluded.

Lends one to think they realized they just fucked up big time and needed a chance to regroup.

Little Clarity, Many Theories in Ukraine Airline Crash in Iran

Looking at the MASSIVE debris field it becomes quite clear that the plane exploded.
1. There are millions of LITTLE pieces and they are all charred. Even the blackbox was burned.
2. Iran refusing to allow Boeing access to the black box.
3. Plane took off only hours after missiles had been launched by Iran. As a result Iran was on the HIGHEST of alert level expecting an American response.
4. Plane was full of Canadian's. Why are there Canadian's in Iran?

Obviously I can not prove that the plane was shot down but all the evidence points to an Iranian itchy trigger finger at a missile defense site.
Can you prove that Iran shot down that 737? or do we just jump to conclusions because it's evil Iran?

Iran released a statement immediately after the plane crashed by saying it went down due to technical issues. Thing is they had no way of knowing that without the “black box”. Then they removed the statement. Obviously it was a knee jerk reaction and they realized their error.

The Iranians are showing signs of maturing!

40+ Iranians may have been trampled to death during Soleimani's funeral.

A Ukrainian passenger jet may have been shot down accidentally - during a military alert that was planned by the Iranian government.

But a least they didn't knock over Soleimani's casket and let his dead body roll in the street like they did at Ayatollah Khomeini's funeral!

Hey, at this rate in another 10,000 years Iranians may start acting like human beings!

Which is still accidently because they didn't intend to shoot down an airliner.

Same thing when the Vincennes shot down that Iranian airliner. The firing was intentional, but the target wasn't the intended one.

I don't know much about that. But I do suspect with the technology out today, they had some way to decipher between a passenger plane and fighter jet. And given the money DumBama gave them, they could probably have afforded the best detection systems.

I would also think these sandbox warriors had some access to flight records of passenger jets as well. Again, I'm not very well educated on planes and detection systems, but I do believe in the end, it will be proven it could have easily been avoided.
Passenger jets have a transponder that constantly pings so everyone knows who it is and where it is at any given moment.

Military fighter jets obviously don't do that.

Does the Iranian Missile control systems have something that looks for the civilian ping? Even if it does, they would have the ability to ignore it if they think someone is using said pinger to disguise a military aircraft.

Most of these systems have an IFF (Identify Friend or Foe) component that looks for a signal friendly aircraft broadcast, but this signal is encoded, for obvious reasons. Not sure if IFF could be set to look for civilian pingers.
Well, here is a problem with Iran. Same as Hezbollah. And The PLO. They build a lot of homemade rockets. So they could model one say after an SA 8, and then who knows what guidance and tech is in it, or how good it is, or even how good the operator is at distinguishing hostile from friendlies?

Seriously, this could have been a home made SAM System, or an older discontinued system that detected a false positive and then just took the plane out.

Okay, again, pleading ignorance when it comes to aviation. But if I'm looking at a plane on a radar, and I see it's moving away from me instead of towards me, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume it's not a fighter plane, and perhaps just monitor it for a while before taking action?
Not if you are some young kid manning a missile battery you are barely trained on, and your glorious leaders have the entire country in a state of panic and rage because your top general was turned in to ground hamburger.

These SAM batteries operate independently and are self contained.

The Iranians are showing signs of maturing!

40+ Iranians may have been trampled to death during Soleimani's funeral.

A Ukrainian passenger jet may have been shot down accidentally - during a military alert that was planned by the Iranian government.

But a least they didn't knock over Soleimani's casket and let his dead body roll in the street like they did at Ayatollah Khomeini's funeral!

Hey, at this rate in another 10,000 years Iranians may start acting like human beings!

Don't put a lot of money on that. It's not that the Iranian people are bad, just their leadership.

Lets say theoretically that Iran acknowledges it accidentally shot down the airliner because their air defenses mistakenly considered it to be the enemy.

How liable is Iran at that point? How should Iran be held accountable?

How should Iran be held accountable?

How about giving their “Supreme Leader” the Soleimani treatment?

I do not believe that the Iranian government respects our peaceful non-response.

I think that they will continue to attack Americans at every chance they get.

They will only respect a massive military response that proves that their military is far inferior to ours.

I do not believe that the Iranian government respects our peaceful non-response.

They will only respect a massive military response that proves that their military is far inferior to ours.

Iran has enough technology to put missiles where they want them. Those missiles fired at us were only a dog and pony show. No injuries or deaths reported. It wasn't an accident in my opinion.

Ok, as I said before, I thought the previous pic was a pic of the tip of a missile.

I had to look for a while, but this is what hit that Airplane. It is a TOR 29 Russian Made Anti Aircraft Missile.

The weird angle and shadows made it hard for me to identify it.

23174966-0-image-m-37_1578534181449.jpg

Surface-to-air_guided_missile_9M330.jpg

9M330-Gauntlet-1S.jpg

And these tips by the way frequently separate from the body of the missile upon impact. Note the small image on the pic below at the upper right hand side. Identical to what was found at the crash site.

9M330Tor1-642x336.jpg

BY THE WAY, WHERE DID ALL THE IRANIAN TROLLS GO?

Last edited:

Iran has enough technology to put missiles where they want them. Those missiles fired at us were only a dog and pony show. No injuries or deaths reported. It wasn't an accident in my opinion.

The Iranians knew that their missiles would be tracked long before they reached their target - giving plenty of time for everyone to get into bunkers.

But that's about the best they got.

If we launched against their military there would be hundreds of casualties.

Iran Introduces new Air Defense & Ballistic Missiles

As for the improved precision of Zelzal-2, Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps confirmed the level of accuracy of Zelzal rockets has been increased, “the precision [of Zelzal rockets has been increased and their margin of error has been lowered to less than 50 meters,” the IRGC commander explained.

raad_sam.jpg

As for the improved precision of Zelzal-2, Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps confirmed the level of accuracy of Zelzal rockets has been increased, “the precision [of Zelzal rockets has been increased and their margin of error has been lowered to less than 50 meters,” the IRGC commander explained.

raad_sam.jpg
Paid for with Obama cash.
Cell phones for the poor & bombs for the terrorists!

f'n rw's yammerng about accountability -

joke of the day award.

Yea, how dare we hold people accountable for murders.

Look I have no sympathy for the Iranian regime- the Iranian regime does sanction murder, and has murdered its own people, along with people around the world.

But I think it is highly unlikely, that if this plane was shot down, it was shot down on purpose- it would most likely be an accident- either mistakenly identifying the plane as an intruder, or some trigger happy air defence crew.

And there is a difference between a horrible mistake- and murder.

Iran Air Flight 655 - Wikipedia

raad_sam.jpg
Paid for with Obama cash.
Cell phones for the poor & bombs for the terrorists!

youre dismissed ROCKET MAN !

:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back