Will Ferrell as Ronald Reagan

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
Remember the old saying, funny as a crutch?

If you thought that Hollywood could not sink any lower in its tastelessness and contempt for right-leaning Americans, then you were wrong. Very wrong.

"Will Ferrell to Play Ronald Reagan in Alzheimer’s Comedy ‘Reagan,’" read the headline at the openly leftist showbiz site TheWrap. "Alzheimer's Comedy" -- because who doesn't find Alzheimer's hilarious, specially if the victim is the right's iconic President Ronald Reagan?

Variety.com described the film Reagan thusly: "The story begins at the start of the ex-president’s second term when he falls into dementia and an ambitious intern is tasked with convincing the commander in chief that he is an actor playing the president in a movie."

Comic screenwriter Mike Rosolio has penned a script so popular in Hollywood that it was voted to the 2015 Black List of Hollywood’s best unproduced screenplays. TheWrap reported that The Black List held a live table reading of the script back in March featuring TruthRevolt's favorite actress Lena Dunham as Peggy Noonan and John Cho as the intern, "which was very well-received." Of course it was. Because Hollywood leftists find the notion of turning the right's beloved President Reagan, a former actor, into a dementia-stricken Norma Desmond in the White House to be side-splitting.

Now Will Ferrell, noted for his denigrating impressions of George W. Bush and his leftist activism at the progressive comedy site "Funny or Die," has signed on to play the President in this "hilarious political satire," as the Black List table reading invitation described this vile project.

Will Ferrell Stars in Comedy Mocking Reagan's Alzheimer's

Remember the old saying, funny as a crutch?

If you thought that Hollywood could not sink any lower in its tastelessness and contempt for right-leaning Americans, then you were wrong. Very wrong.

"Will Ferrell to Play Ronald Reagan in Alzheimer’s Comedy ‘Reagan,’" read the headline at the openly leftist showbiz site TheWrap. "Alzheimer's Comedy" -- because who doesn't find Alzheimer's hilarious, specially if the victim is the right's iconic President Ronald Reagan?

Variety.com described the film Reagan thusly: "The story begins at the start of the ex-president’s second term when he falls into dementia and an ambitious intern is tasked with convincing the commander in chief that he is an actor playing the president in a movie."

Comic screenwriter Mike Rosolio has penned a script so popular in Hollywood that it was voted to the 2015 Black List of Hollywood’s best unproduced screenplays. TheWrap reported that The Black List held a live table reading of the script back in March featuring TruthRevolt's favorite actress Lena Dunham as Peggy Noonan and John Cho as the intern, "which was very well-received." Of course it was. Because Hollywood leftists find the notion of turning the right's beloved President Reagan, a former actor, into a dementia-stricken Norma Desmond in the White House to be side-splitting.

Now Will Ferrell, noted for his denigrating impressions of George W. Bush and his leftist activism at the progressive comedy site "Funny or Die," has signed on to play the President in this "hilarious political satire," as the Black List table reading invitation described this vile project.

Will Ferrell Stars in Comedy Mocking Reagan's Alzheimer's
Will Ferrell movies are often shallow and unoriginal.
Buying one in DVD is a risky proposition.

Oh......this also points out the left's hypocrisy.......only liberals can make fun of the handicapped.

I always thought that Will Farrell was a no-talent despicable nobody, but this confirms that he is also a creep, a jerk and a punk and a son-of-a-bitch who makes fun of people who are handicapped.

The sad fact that is his people who think that he is great and his shenanigans are funny is that that they would be the noisiest and most outraged if the attempted "humor" of this asshole was aimed at a liberal with the same affliction President Reagan had.

President Reagan wrote a letter to Americans when he learned that he was diagnosed with Alzheimers. He wrote it with dignity, in his own hand writing, with inner peace and with love of God and his fellow Americans.

To mock this man, his legacy, his success and his place in history takes a totally rotten and corrupt and unpatriotic bastard.

But, then, again, he is a liberal Democrat. no more need be said.

There is nothing funny about the disease, and I hope that movie put Will, the Director and Producers on the black list in Hollywood, but with the way Hollywood is it might sweep the awards next year...

I love Reagan. I actually met him and Bush senior. I also love Will Farrel though and I'm OK with him making this comedy.

I love Reagan. I actually met him and Bush senior. I also love Will Farrel though and I'm OK with him making this comedy.
OK, that's nice. You love some guys.

What do you think of Alzheimers disease as a vehicle for a comedy movie?

I think it's OK to joke about anything, even the Holocaust, as long as it's funny. Some people would of course be offended, but many other people wont.

There is nothing more despicable as caricaturing people afflicted by a horrible disease.

Will Farrell is a truly despicable person. He probably instructs/orders his driver to park in the handicapped spot.

It seems the Right is against Reagan being shown with Alzheimers, or could it be they just disapprove of the actor? Truth seems difficult for them.
Reagan's been dead 12 years.

I think it's OK to joke about anything, even the Holocaust, as long as it's funny. Some people would of course be offended, but many other people wont.
I agree, Im waiting for the black lives matter comedy to come out.

So the punks here can eat the dish they try to hand out to others.

I remember when he said he could not recall on the Iran-Contra matter.

Then God made sure he could not recall anything.

I am was and am still a Ford man, and I have little use for Ronnie.

Forum List

Back