Will Donald Trump be re-elected President on November 3, 2020?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
True, but Clinton and Johnson were both impeached. They still completed their terms. I can say honestly that Clinton would have been reelected in 2020 if he could have been. Impeachment creates a backlash, so much so that if I were Trump, I'd say "Bring it on!"

Gore lost in 2000. All indications are that Clinton would have done worse on the ticket. The impeachment of Clinton was not good for the Democratic candidate in 2000.

Impeachment is negative and it does not inspire registered independents and Democrats to vote for you. You can't win when your party is shrinking and you can't get votes from outside your party.

Pure unadulterated bullshit, of which you have no evidence because it has never happened. Stop parading your opinions as facts when the opposite is much more likely. If those independents feel that Trump was railroaded, they will not be voting for a Democrat who supported that railroading. That's my humble opinion

Has there ever been a sitting President that wanted to be impeached in order to IMPROVE his chances of being re-elected on election night?

Don't laugh it could help him. Having the press hate him helped him.

Trump played both the press and the other candidates.

He said things knowing that they would get twisted. Which got him votes. He got the other candidates to try to copy him making themselves look silly.

His whole thing is Trump vs the Swamp. With people like Pelosi, Schumer, and Waters could be right.
/——/ The others are being handled by “professional” campaign advisors who tell them to pander to the Independents who don’t react well to strong candidates like Trump. The president has no such advisors.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It would crack me up if Trump gets elected and starts going after foreign influence and money in DC and/or campaign finance crimes.

He could lock up over 50% of the people in DC.

Hell I would vote for him if he said his goal is to lock up as many people as he could in DC.

No.

There are several possible obstacles to Trump being re-elected as President:

1. He could be impeached and removed from office by Congress before that.

2. He may resign from office before that in order to get a quick pardon from Mike Pence.

3. He simply serves out the rest of his term and does not run for re-election.

4. He is impeached but not removed from office. The impeachment hurts his re-election campaign and he loses in a landslide on election night, November 3, 2020.

5. He is defeated on election night because he failed to gain much support outside of the Republican Party and averaged an approval rating of 40%, much weaker than what is needed to be even competitive to be re-elected. His victory in 2016 was by a tiny margin, less than 77,000 votes combined from 3 states. A fluke essentially due to the Democrats failure to properly manage Hillary's campaign for President. Even if everyone who voted for him in 2016 does so again on November 3, 2020, he is still likely to lose do the strong Democratic focus on getting out the vote in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan in 2020.

A very uncertain time for President Trump. I don't think there has been another U.S. President that has been in this much trouble after less than 2 years in office.

I hope you're right. I don't think you are though.

Why do you think Trump will be re-elected?

The 2018 election didn’t totally trash his minions.

Even if everyone of his minions from the 2016 election show up to vote for him on election night November 3, 2020, it won't be enough to win this time.

Again, I hope you’re right and I hope I’m wrong.

But here is my calculus. If the lies, the sleaze, the hate, and the basic disdain he shows for decency, his job, and the American people isn’t enough to have made you vote against every Republican on the ballot, I imagine that nothing that happens in the next 1.9 years is going to be enough to make you realize your mistake as a Trump voter.

No.

2. He may resign from office before that in order to get a quick pardon from Mike Pence.

4. He is impeached but not removed from office. The impeachment hurts his re-election campaign and he loses in a landslide on election night, November 3, 2020.

5. He is defeated on election night because he failed to gain much support outside of the Republican Party and averaged an approval rating of 40%, much weaker than what is needed to be even competitive to be re-elected. His victory in 2016 was by a tiny margin, less than 77,000 votes combined from 3 states. A fluke essentially due to the Democrats failure to properly manage Hillary's campaign for President. Even if everyone who voted for him in 2016 does so again on November 3, 2020, he is still likely to lose do the strong Democratic focus on getting out the vote in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan in 2020.

A very uncertain time for President Trump. I don't think there has been another U.S. President that has been in this much trouble after less than 2 years in office.

Even if everyone of his minions from the 2016 election show up to vote for him on election night November 3, 2020, it won't be enough to win this time.

But here is my calculus. If the lies, the sleaze, the hate, and the basic disdain he shows for decency, his job, and the American people isn’t enough to have made you vote against every Republican on the ballot, I imagine that nothing that happens in the next 1.9 years is going to be enough to make you realize your mistake as a Trump voter.
/——/ Yeah sure, Sparky. Whatever you say. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

No.

The "basic disdain he shows for decency, his job, and the American people" is what DC has been showing for decades. That is why people voted for Trump.

These DC parasites who are the embodiment of "welfare queens". I seriously hope Trump does get reelected and goes after everyone who has done what they accused him of.

The "basic disdain he shows for decency, his job, and the American people" is what DC has been showing for decades. That is why people voted for Trump.

These DC parasites who are the embodiment of "welfare queens". I seriously hope Trump does get reelected and goes after everyone who has done what they accused him of.

Ahh, a leader who goes after his political enemies….exactly what you would expect if you lived in a 3rd world country. I was hoping we could do better than that.

Depends on the Candidate in 2020 for the Democratic Party...

Also it will depend if someone like Sanders runs Green or Third party causing the Democrats to lose votes allowing a weaker candidate like Trump to win.

It would be the Ross Perot effect that happen when Clinton won twice while Perot took votes from the right.

So can Trump win?

Yes.

That is Trumps only path to victory in 2020. Sanders is too smart and principled to run a third party campaign that would get Trump re-elected. I think its unlikely that there will be a viable third party candidate that will split the Democratic vote in 2020. But it is the only way Trump can be re-elected in 2020. The only reason Hillary lost in 2020 is because she left the back door open in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania by not visiting and spending enough money in those states allowing Trump to eek out tiny victories in those states.

If the economy continues to do well he wins.

The economy has not benefited Trump because his average approval rating after two years in office is only 40%. That is the worst AVERAGE approval rating for any President in history.

So which poll are you quoting? The one covered in brown stuff that you just pulled from your rectum?

Its the gallup poll. Gallup does a weekly approval poll on the President. It used to be daily. Trump's average so far in the poll since coming into office is 40%. That's the lowest of any of the Presidents who's approval Gallup has measured since the 1940s.
/——/ here’s a real poll: Trump at 48% Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®

The biased Republican Rasmussen is anything but a real accurate poll. In any event, not even 48% approval will get him re-elected.

Ahh, a leader who goes after his political enemies….exactly what you would expect if you lived in a 3rd world country. I was hoping we could do better than that.

Ahh, a leader who goes after his political enemies….exactly what you would expect from someone "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia" punk who had his Waffen SS FBI spy on a politician campaign

Good thing for you, that Trump is a "ahh shucks, let's just let bygones be bygones, I don't mind that Obama and his FBI and DOJ spied on me, unmasked Flynn, went after my kids and failed at a soft coup" kind of guy

Impeachment just requires a vote, a 50% vote in the House. Democrats have the majority. They can impeach him for anything they decide on.

True, but Clinton and Johnson were both impeached. They still completed their terms. I can say honestly that Clinton would have been reelected in 2020 if he could have been. Impeachment creates a backlash, so much so that if I were Trump, I'd say "Bring it on!"

Gore lost in 2000. All indications are that Clinton would have done worse on the ticket. The impeachment of Clinton was not good for the Democratic candidate in 2000.

Impeachment is negative and it does not inspire registered independents and Democrats to vote for you. You can't win when your party is shrinking and you can't get votes from outside your party.

Pure unadulterated bullshit, of which you have no evidence because it has never happened. Stop parading your opinions as facts when the opposite is much more likely. If those independents feel that Trump was railroaded, they will not be voting for a Democrat who supported that railroading. That's my humble opinion

Has there ever been a sitting President that wanted to be impeached in order to IMPROVE his chances of being re-elected on election night?

He said things knowing that they would get twisted. Which got him votes. He got the other candidates to try to copy him making themselves look silly.

His whole thing is Trump vs the Swamp. With people like Pelosi, Schumer, and Waters could be right.

Being an impeached sitting President is not good, no matter how you stack it. Trump already has enough of an uphill battle getting re-elected, he does not want the negative impact of the impeachment process and the impeachment itself on his record on election night, November 3, 2020.

We aren't there already with Mueller?

No.

Maybe, but I don't think it will matter in 2020 because Trump is going to lose Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania in 2020. Without those three states, its OVER for Trump!

No.

And what is President Trump impeached for again?

Colluding with the Russians.

Colluding with the NRA

Campaign finance violations

Tax fraud

Emoluments violations

attempting to bribe foreign leaders

Obstruction of justice

incitement of violence

Aiding in the murder of a journalist after the fact

Maybe, but I don't think it will matter in 2020 because Trump is going to lose Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania in 2020. Without those three states, its OVER for Trump!

Meh. He doesn't even have a "path to the White House" ®

No.

And what is President Trump impeached for again?

Colluding with the Russians.

Colluding with the NRA

Campaign finance violations

Tax fraud

Emoluments violations

attempting to bribe foreign leaders

Obstruction of justice

incitement of violence

Aiding in the murder of a journalist after the fact

Show us on the doll where Putin touched you to make you flip your vote

Being an impeached sitting President is not good, no matter how you stack it. Trump already has enough of an uphill battle getting re-elected, he does not want the negative impact of the impeachment process and the impeachment itself on his record on election night, November 3, 2020.

You don't understand the Trump supporter.

Most Trump supporters don't respect and have a deep hatred for Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell, and the other Democrats and RINOs in Congress.

I don't like Trump as a person, but I have a deep hatred for everyone else in DC.

We can only hope. I think the key factor is who the Democrats nominate. I was hoping (I’m not a Democrat) as a liberal that the party would turn the page from Chuck and Nancy and move toward the middle in terms of putting a face on the party. But it looks like the Dems are sticking with the team that lost both houses of Congress in the recent elections.

Sometimes the only thing that makes me want to puke more than Republicans….is Democrats.

Ahh, a leader who goes after his political enemies….exactly what you would expect from someone "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia" punk who had his Waffen SS FBI spy on a politician campaign

Good thing for you, that Trump is a "ahh shucks, let's just let bygones be bygones, I don't mind that Obama and his FBI and DOJ spied on me, unmasked Flynn, went after my kids and failed at a soft coup" kind of guy

Birther? You are that fucking stupid?

We aren't there already with Mueller?

No. Mueller is a Republican. Appointed by other Republicans.

Forum List

Back