Will Dems cut spending when they win the house?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
I keep hearing from The left that by raising the deficit, Trump is doing a bad thing.

Well, if the Dimms win the house, they will control the purse strings of the nation.

So will they submit a budget for Trump to sign that lowers spending, because they are so concerned about the deficit?

Well they'll probably submit some changes to the prioritization allotments. $10-15 dollars for the military and the rest to entitlements and legal defense fund for Congressional members to settle lawsuits. O, and yes the most important of all would be their salary bump, so No I suppose that would call for a larger budget, lol.

Not going to happen. Even if they did take back the house which is very doubtful, they would have to spend a shitload of taxpayer's money just to put everything back to way it was under Obama.

Trump has pretty much wrecked their little circle-jerk.

I keep hearing from The left that by raising the deficit, Trump is doing a bad thing.

Well, if the Dimms win the house, they will control the purse strings of the nation.

So will they submit a budget for Trump to sign that lowers spending, because they are so concerned about the deficit?

Democrat Party motto is "Tax and Spend." They would rather live with gonorrhea than cut spending.

I expect so. If they win it'll be the situation of Democrats not giving Trump what he wants, and Trump not signing off on anything the Democrats want.

Although I'm not counting on the Democrats winning the House.

:21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

Democrat Party motto is "Tax and Spend." They would rather live with gonorrhea than cut spending.

While the Republican Party motto is "cut taxes and spend more". They would rather live with syphilis than cut spending.

Of course not. Nor will the Republicans. Don’t forget nearly 2/3 of the budget is mandatory spending on entitlements like Medicare, Social (in)security et al.
How Congress Really Spends Your Money

Almost two-thirds of federal spending pays Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid benefits. These are part of mandatory spending. Those are programs established by prior Acts of Congress. The mandatory budget will cost $2.739 trillion in FY 2019. It's skyrocketing because more baby boomers are reaching retirement age. By 2030, one in five Americans will be older than 65.

By 2027 about 25% of the Federal Revenue of $3.5T will be interest on the Debt, currently at about 7.5%. So Trump or the dems need to bite the bullet and raise taxes on the top rate and fix SS and Medicare.

There are cost-benefits and cost-deficits in budgets. Trump signed a tax bill which includes more cost-deficits than cost-benefits.

My guess is they'll fix what needs fixing, and fix what Trump has broken.

Ummm, no!

They will cut spending and use that spending on social welfare projects...

Ummm, no!

That's not cutting.

Ummm, no!

That's not cutting.

I know.

Ummm, no!

That's not cutting.

I know.
Sticking to their Marxist roots of wealth redistribution.

Fair enough...so while Dimms ream Trump for increasing the deficit (which I am personally not happy about) they know that they will do the same thing.

Dimms should honestly run on deficit spending.

Trump SHOULD NOT sign another budget that increases the deficit.

Forum List

Back