Will democrats allow manufacturing back to America!?

The steel mill I worked in had 3,200 employees when I was hired in 1972 but today they have 650 producing the same tonnage. The company didn`t move to China.

This is what is often forgotten, or ignored. Automation has been responsible for the loss manufacturing jobs than any other cause.
Automation will be used yes, most places it wont

Why wouldn't it? The manufacturer can automate an assembly line and have closer tolerances and spend far less. It is all about the profit margins. That is why businesses exist.

If only we could get Americans to work for 35¢ a day again. If only...
fake news button please

Why? That is not fake news. It is why the manufacturing left the US.
Part of the reason yes lol HELOOOOO mcfly

Hellooooo It is NOT part of the reason. As I said, if it were the manufacturers would be moving from dem run areas to republican run areas. They aren't.
Why would they it would have to start in major cities with good transportation system. and area with more european immigrants, then would move out went this is a re birth of a nation

In smaller towns and rural areas, the workers will flock to the jobs.
Absolutely, but ceos don’t want to starry in rural areas they want urban areas more traffic,
More commerce, then that success will rest rural areas.

fake news button please

Hellooooo It is NOT part of the reason. As I said, if it were the manufacturers would be moving from dem run areas to republican run areas. They aren't.
Why would they it would have to start in major cities with good transportation system. and area with more european immigrants, then would move out went this is a re birth of a nation

Absolutely, but ceos don’t want to starry in rural areas they want urban areas more traffic,

Oh, I thought we were talking about manufacturing, not retail.

For manufacturing, rural areas and small towns are far more attractive. The land is cheaper. The cost of living is lower so the workers will happily work for less. And there are fewer other manufacturers to compete with for workers.

Urban manufacturing was important when fewer people had their own transportation. That is no longer the case. Times change and people are more mobile than ever. Plus, it is easier than ever to ship your goods.

Republicans, opened up trading with China over 30 years ago.... it was the Republicans goal NOT the Democrats, silly one..... the democrats supported labor forces here in the USA, Republicans wanted cheap labor in China.
cool story

And an accurate story.
What ever makes you feel better start your own thread about what rinos did

Unlike you, I don't post to make myself feel better. But what was said is accurate. Denying it is simply nonsense.

What was trying to be said to you is that it isn't Democrats or even Washington that will decide if production comes back, it will be the corporations and business owners. So unless you'd like to tax and fine corporations heavily for locating their plants in other countries, in which case, we probably won't be able to afford anything they're making....it ain't gonna happen.
So massive ultra leftist corporations like Nike and Apple will simply price themselves out of existence if forced to repatriate back to the USA since slave labor increases their greedy bottom profit lines?

:icon_rolleyes: That's doubtful.

fake news button please

For manufacturing, rural areas and small towns are far more attractive. The land is cheaper. The cost of living is lower so the workers will happily work for less. And there are fewer other manufacturers to compete with for workers.

Urban manufacturing was important when fewer people had their own transportation. That is no longer the case. Times change and people are more mobile than ever. Plus, it is easier than ever to ship your goods.
i disagree and i make more sense, anything else?

Republicans, opened up trading with China over 30 years ago.... it was the Republicans goal NOT the Democrats, silly one..... the democrats supported labor forces here in the USA, Republicans wanted cheap labor in China.
cool story
True as well.
I’m sure rinos did,, it’s new time in America republicans are bring the country back
I'm gonna take that as a yes.

You must have been a shoe-in.

fake news button please

Manufacturers did move to the south. Even that wasn't cheap enough. American consumers would have to start picketing Walmart demanding they significantly raise their low, low prices. BTW, one of the main reasons manufacturing declined in NYC was the emergence of container ships. The NY harbor couldn't accommodate them.

To me, what's really sad about threads like this is how easily people give up-
There are some pretty infamous people who have managed to do quite well for themselves in manufacturing -
think Custom Bike builders, Custom Car builders. Race Engine builders come to mind. They use US manufactured parts or make the parts themselves in some cases. Hell, Jesse James )bike and custom car builder)even started producing 1911 pistols at his garage at home.

View attachment 319046

Jessie is a perfect Trumptard :)

Sandra-Bullocks-ex-Jesse-James-slept-20-women-wife-Alexis-DeJoria.html

hA98AE1C6

im talking about ways we get it back in america, not the past, imagine being a poor black kid in boston with a idea and sart to build it and told by the city you build that you will go to jail. Investors tell him kid you have to move to china to build that,, this racism from dems has to end

fake news button please

i disagree and i make more sense, anything else?

Really? Which one of the points I posted above makes less sense?

Unless you are willing to tariff, fine and tax those companies then nothing much can be done.

Also it was George H.W. Bush that really thrust us into Globalization, and he was not a Democrat!

im talking about ways we get it back in america, not the past, imagine being a poor black kid in boston with a idea and sart to build it and told by the city you build that you will go to jail. Investors tell him kid you have to move to china to build that,, this racism from dems has to end

You would have to imagine that. If someone has an idea for a product, there are tons of sources of capital to get them started. They may not be able to do it in their old neighborhood. But they can get it manufactured.

And if a poor black kid had an idea for some new widget, and you were told you could make X number of dollars manufacturing it here, of 3 times that much manufacturing it in China, what do you think that kid is going to do?

You would have to imagine that. If someone has an idea for a product, there are tons of sources of capital to get them started. They may not be able to do it in their old neighborhood. But they can get it manufactured.

And if a poor black kid had an idea for some new widget, and you were told you could make X number of dollars manufacturing it here, of 3 times that much manufacturing it in China, what do you think that kid is going to do?
Sorry buddy, the education was destroyed by democrats.. no options

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Quit derailing the thread unless you want to get kicked out. LMAO!!

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Quit derailing the thread unless you want to get kicked out. LMAO!!
Of course it does.. I disagree with you I live in the city I been to the small business office in city hall,, it’s set up for failure,, no resources.. democrats have destroyed it

Forum List

Back