Why's Canada so 'un-rapey?'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Googling around for rape statistics earlier I noticed over and over that world-wide, Canada has one of the lowest per capita rape rates anywhere. Why is this?

I am sure they fudge their stats to look significant. Or, canadian women are whores who use abortion as birth control.

Googling around for rape statistics earlier I noticed over and over that world-wide, Canada has one of the lowest per capita rape rates anywhere. Why is this?
Canadian women really like sex. The men are way more laid back about gender roles. Combine those 2 dynamics and you get lower rape stats. Just my guess.

Ever notice, the more civilized and advanced societies are for the most part in the temperate to cooler climates?

Same reason it's so un-gunny, eh?

For whatever reason (and 'whatever' certainly deserves examination) it's a land far less hung up on macho and sex and violence. There is no Canadian John Wayne. There is no particular tradition of "overpowering" everything.

Last edited:
Too cold to get it up?

Other country's women more "rapeworthy"?

Could be a variety of reasons.

Ever notice, the more civilized and advanced societies are for the most part in the temperate to cooler climates?
Never noticed that. I thought they were typically more barbaric and uncivilized unless you are talking about modern day.

No I never noticed that either, but that's prolly because I studied too many cultures in Anthropology classes. Education tends to dissipate myths.

Russia?

There are exceptions.

But can you show me a modern, civilized, advanced society on the Equator?

Thats a lot of adjectives and history has shown that when someone does that usually no examples will fit the questioners definition of "modern", "civilized" or "advanced". But go with your own rule...There are exceptions

Same reason it's so un-gunny, eh?

For whatever reason (and 'whatever' certainly deserves examination) it's a land far less hung up on macho and sex and violence. There is no Canadian John Wayne. There is no particular tradition of "overpowering" everything.

They also take violent crimes against women more seriously.

Hard to imagine a Canadian elected official saying some of the idiotic crap we've heard here.

If not for blacks and Hispanics, America would have the same stats

Russia?

There are exceptions.

But can you show me a modern, civilized, advanced society on the Equator?

The Equator's a thin line -- only touches 13 countries.

But here's one: Brazil.
I just picked that because I know much more about it than Kiribati. Although Kiribati looks pretty fascinating.

Here's a thought: the most paradise places are the ones we don't know about. If we did, they wouldn't be paradises very long. As Rumsfeld said, there are known unknowns.

If not for blacks and Hispanics, America would have the same stats

Canada has blacks and Hispanics. And Native Americans in abundance, and a lot of East Europeans and Asians. And Scots and Irish and French.

Try again.

Forum List

Back