Why would conservatives vote for DeSantis?

Serious question. DeSantis has done more than any other candidate or recent president to increase the power of the state over individual rights and no one seems to care. Is conservative ideology changed in terms of using the state to enforce it’s desired social outcome?
There are two kinds of conservatives. What unites them is nostalgia for status quos of the past. Economic conservatives want a small government, because they do not want the government to reduce economic inequality. Social conservatives want a government large enough to protect their social concerns.

The 1981 - 82 recession was Reagan's recession. Under President Carter there was a shallow, six month recession. Unemployment reached 7.8%. The Reagan recession lasted for sixteen months. Unemployment reached 10.7%. It had not been that high since the Great Depression.

And in 1984, he was re-elected winning 49 states.

We differ on their motivation. You probably think economic conservatives want a small government that does not interfere with freedom. They interpret freedom as the ability to get and remain rich.

I'd like the freedom to get rich.
And to not have liberal idiots fuck things up.

Those "good old days" when conservatives ruled the roost are long gone.
To win a majority these days you need to win indys.
The squishy middle of suburbanites and soccer moms are not the hard asses of long ago.

Dubya got re-elected, by 270 votes, but he got re-elected. IMHO "populism" is the best policy for the GOP going forward.

So tell us your thoughts on W.

Was W

conservative?
a good President?
someone America can trust?

Do you think if the US military exterminates all Muslims in the Middle East and gives that land to Israel, that Jesus will float down from the clouds?

In other words you agree with me that liberal idiots fuck things up.
I did not say that at all. The following chart demonstrates that Democrat Presidents usually have a better record on job creation.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Democratic Underground

According to a Nov 6, 2012 article in The Wall Street Journal, "Since 1900, the Dow has averaged a 7.8% annual gain under Democratic presidents, compared with a 3% annual gain under Republicans, WSJ reported earlier this year."

What an Obama Win May Mean for Stocks

Forum List

Back