Why we need the 2nd Amendment

If you feel you're willing to use a gun on someone, you are the worst candidate to be in possession of a gun, hence why your 2ndA has caused dreadful gun stats in the US. And secondly, crime and crime by a gun creates miniscule stats in every day life but often, crime is perceived to be a great threat by Joe public. It's an education issue.
You make claims that are ridiculous. You are a joke.

That old chestnut, lmfao. The number of Americans I've had to school on this. Americans suffer from vanity, they need false white shining teeth, thus they spend money on that fakeness. Brits actually spend more of teeth hygiene, thus retaining the natural colour of teeth. The low IQ Americans that default to teeth doesn't know this and think Brit teeth are worse because of the natural colour, as opposed to the bright white vanity ailment.

The myth of bad British teeth

So just like your inept knowledge on crime, I've had to school you on your teeth vanity. And you're 62? You come across as an uneducated teenager, where the heck have you been??

I put out an old insult. Obviously it worked.

You haven't schooled me on anything. My knowledge of crime is fine. Your claims that the same solution works everywhere is ridiculous. The UK does not have the level of complete craziness in crime that the US does. And yes, the Uk has a lower violent crime rate than the US. But one thing you seem to not know. The violent crime rates have been falling in the US for decades. The violent crime rates in the UK? They are rising.

Another difference between the two nations is police response time. How many places in the UK have a 30 minute response time by law enforcement?

I put out an old insult. Obviously it worked.

You haven't schooled me on anything. My knowledge of crime is fine. Your claims that the same solution works everywhere is ridiculous. The UK does not have the level of complete craziness in crime that the US does. And yes, the Uk has a lower violent crime rate than the US. But one thing you seem to not know. The violent crime rates have been falling in the US for decades. The violent crime rates in the UK? They are rising.

Another difference between the two nations is police response time. How many places in the UK have a 30 minute response time by law enforcement?
Back tracking on the teeth issue after learning the truth, poor show old bean.

America was born out of brawn and not brains, hence why your constitution protects the right to arm the undesirables that are willing to shoot their neighbour. You forgot to mention that over 70% of UK crime is by immigrants, between immigrants. As stupid governments believe multiculturalism is fantastic, countries continue to take in undesirables. So as UK immigration increases, crime will increase. If you ever read the UK news, the majority of those named in the news are not British names.

If you feel the only option to survive life is to have a gun and willing to shoot people, you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, completely wrong mentality, hence high gun incidents.

Not the government...lol
American gun nuts can only argue the 2nd Amendment with one dimension comments and thinking. When you drill down the one dimensional crap and cover the full picture, it utterly rips that crap to pieces.

And in the next thread, the gun nuts will just come out with the same one dimensional crap (rinse, wash, repeat). It's either on purpose or thickness, I'm beginning to get the feeling it's the latter.

Fine people then could have guns and use them for the self defense. Now people can have guns and use them for their self defense. So what?

Doesn't mean the 2A protects this, does it?
It does. The Second Amendment protects the entire right to keep and bear arms.

Having a gun to defend your home is one part of the right to keep and bear arms.

The third amendment uses the word "house", does this mean it provides you with a right to have a house? No.
I'm not sure how this example relates to the Second Amendment.

The 2A protects two things. Neither of which are self defense. Just because you can use a gun to defend yourself, doesn't mean that's what the 2A protects.
Having a gun to defend your home is part of the right to keep and bear arms.

The entire right to keep and bear arms is protected by the Second Amendment.

Hell, I could use a potato to defend myself, does this mean that potatoes are protected by the 2A?
That is only because a potato is not much of a weapon. If it was an effective weapon it would be covered.

So by your thinking, those who don't have a 2nd and not saturated by guns don't have freedom. Is that right.
Saturation is not required.

But yes on the Second Amendment. No nation is free unless they have something similar to the Second Amendment.

There are numerous countries in the world that don't have that and are free.
That is incorrect. Those countries are not free.

No its not.
That is incorrect. Being free means that we have the right to keep and bear arms.

The second was written before the gun saturation happened.
Gun saturation isn't really a factor, but I don't believe your claim is true. There were lots and lots of guns around when the Second Amendment was written.

Take it as you like but guns and freedom are not linked.
That is incorrect. Free people have the right to keep and bear arms.

Youre using it as a justification but never used them in unison to achieve either.
You are really not understanding this justification thing.

No. I am not offering any sort of justification at all.

I have guns because I feel like having them.

No its not.
Yes it is. Free people have civil liberties.

People who are not free do not have civil liberties.

Let's say all guns disappeared overnight for instance. What would happen the very next day? Would you run your life differently?
Would no guns immediately restrict your freedom? I'd say having a gun would restrict where you might like to go.
What would happen is we'd start making new guns.

I'm saying you have no use for all those guns.
Being a free citizen of the US, I am not required to have a use for them.

Don't give me the hunting and protection bullshit. It doesn't exist
Wrong. They most certainly do exist.

Still not a justification compared to what you say you have them for.
Well duh.

Of course "a refusal to provide justification" is not justification.

Isn't that kind of obvious?

Most Western democracies are free
No they aren't. The US is the only free nation left on the planet.

Thats not the justifications you been saying. You know that. Going to your default position is not justification.
I haven't been saying any justification.

I really hope you aren't holding your breath waiting for me to provide justification, because I mean what I say when I tell you I don't plan on providing any justification.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't protect it.......the Right existed before the Constitution was written, it wasn't created by the Constitution, it isn't protected by the Amendment.....the Amendment is simply written down so we can show asshats like you that the Right exists........without need for your consent......
I agree that the right to keep and bear arms existed long before the Second Amendment. But preventing the government from infringing the right does provide it with protection.

If all guns disappeared overnight, crime would go up about 150%......and the democrat party brownshirts would be turned loose on the suburbs.....right now, the democrat party uses blm and antifa to burn, loot and kill in primarily black neighborhoods in democrat party controlled cities...because they know only actual criminals in those neighborhoods have easy access to guns.....the democrats also know that the suburbs have guns...so if they tried to burn, loot and murder in the Suburbs, their blm/antifa brownshirts would get shot....
I remember when Australia abolished freedom in the 1990s. They had a massive crimes spree that lasted for years.

The cops I knew in a small Florida town had five M16 rifles which were capable of fully automatic fire. However they had no instructor to qualify them on the use of these weapons so they just stayed locked up in the police building.
Wow. I don't entirely approve of cops having full-auto MP5s. Full-auto M-16s are way more than what is needed for law enforcement.

----------------------------------------------------
The only reason we don't have more videos from Rural Areas for violence is that there aren't nearly as many cameras and phones available. Before I state this, you may wish to resist in screaming "Lie, False and Cite" at the top of your lungs. The facts remain that there is a higher number of violent crimes in rural areas than Urban areas. And those areas are primarily Republican. Plus, the number of welfare recipients are higher per capita goes to the Republican Controlled States. I am not going to give the democrats a free ride on this like you have the republicans.
I'm in a rural area, and crime is so low here that I've gotten well into middle age without ever being called to jury duty.

I understand your position. In fact, I am not as hard minded against the constitutional carry thing, though I still believe in the value of training, licensing, and national background checks. But, I have been made aware, of the true expenses, hurdles and hoops, you guys in states that lost control of or practically speaking lost control of your weapons rights for self protection in your states. I do not come from or live in one of those states. We do not have to have a special ID or permit to buy a weapon. We are not required to have a weapon or ID'd permit to buy or store ammunition. I am retired military. My CCW cost me $65.00 bucks for 8 years. I still intend to keep mine up. At the moment I am unaware of any state that allows unrestricted weapons carry by citizens from other state that are not permit holders, and we like to travel. I understand and support this, as you cannot allow people from out of state, swarming in with weapons any time there is a riot, demonstration, or (heaven forbid) some nuts decide the reason they failed on January 6th was because they did not have firepower to make their insurrection stick. I do not know how you folks lost your rights and hope I never have to find out. In this state, I doubt I ever will. I still recommend you get trained and permitted. If you do not plan to carry while traveling, that is up to you.
The US Supreme Court is about to come to the rescue of people in those anti-gun states.

No one in the UK has the right to own a firearm. It is a privilege granted by the government and that privilege can be revoked at any time for any reason.
People in the UK are so used to being ruled that they cannot understand the concept that rights are inherent in each person and cannot be granted or revoked by the fucking government
That is a real tragedy, because we actually got our right to keep and bear arms from the UK when they used to have it.

But then they abolished freedom in the UK and in other places. And now the US is the only free country left in the world.

It's been at least a decade since I've bothered to compare stats, and I don't plan to go look them up again now. But the last time I did look into the matter, the UK had double the crime rate and triple the violent crime rate of the US.

By your thinking, why don't you all have tanks and rocket launchers?
Currently we don't have a militia. But if we did, militiamen would have the right to have bazookas.

Because rocket launchers aren't "arms".
I consider bazookas to be militia-suitable arms. Grenades too.

They are not really appropriate for private home defense though.

But, you all best be careful making that stupid argument; one day gun owners might want to own rocket launchers and own them we will.
Maybe one day the government will bring back the militia.

Wow. I don't entirely approve of cops having full-auto MP5s. Full-auto M-16s are way more than what is needed for law enforcement.

I'm in a rural area, and crime is so low here that I've gotten well into middle age without ever being called to jury duty.

The US Supreme Court is about to come to the rescue of people in those anti-gun states.

That is a real tragedy, because we actually got our right to keep and bear arms from the UK when they used to have it.

But then they abolished freedom in the UK and in other places. And now the US is the only free country left in the world.

It's been at least a decade since I've bothered to compare stats, and I don't plan to go look them up again now. But the last time I did look into the matter, the UK had double the crime rate and triple the violent crime rate of the US.
Not sure. The Supreme Court certainly didn't protect the Remington and their 4 insurance companies from the Sandy Hook families.

Back tracking on the teeth issue after learning the truth, poor show old bean.

America was born out of brawn and not brains, hence why your constitution protects the right to arm the undesirables that are willing to shoot their neighbour. You forgot to mention that over 70% of UK crime is by immigrants, between immigrants. As stupid governments believe multiculturalism is fantastic, countries continue to take in undesirables. So as UK immigration increases, crime will increase. If you ever read the UK news, the majority of those named in the news are not British names.

If you feel the only option to survive life is to have a gun and willing to shoot people, you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, completely wrong mentality, hence high gun incidents.

So most of your crime is between immigrants, and not the people who have lived there for 1,000 years? Hmmm, well America is immigrants.

And who are these "undesirables" you speak of?

When did Remington,. et al, appeal the court's judgement against them to the USSC?
Supreme Court decided to let it go through on Nov 4, 2019. The case ended back in February, with Remington and their insurance companies giving the families something like $73 Million Dollars. The only change to the court since that time has be Amy Comey Barrett in Jan of 2020.

Supreme Court decided to let it go through on Nov 4, 2019. The case ended back in February, with Remington and their insurance companies giving the families something like $73 Million Dollars. The only change to the court since that time has be Amy Comey Barrett in Jan of 2020.
You didn't answer the question.
When did Remington,. et al, appeal the court's judgement against them to the USSC?

Forum List

Back