Zone1 Why was Jesus crucified?

who is "they" and to what laws do you refer?

Pharisaic Laws​

In contrast to the two commands of Christ, the Pharisees had developed a system of 613 laws, 365 negative commands and 248 positive laws... By the time Christ came it had produced a heartless, cold, and arrogant brand of righteousness. As such, it contained at least ten tragic flaws.

Evidence? Factual evidence as to the truth of the N.T and the record thereof? Can you deny that God allowed Israel to be destroyed around AD 70....losing the entire nation, tribal IDs with Israel's people scattered around the globe? Judaism has remained static with its nationality totally lost from the earth for over 2000 years. All the while Christianity continued to grow to the point that Christianity is now the dominant religion on earth with approx. 3 billion people professing to the faith.

In order not to accept these facts..........you must reject God's prophets and call them liars. Example: (Jer.31:31-34) speaks of a New Covenant different than the Law and the Prophets. Daniel prophesied of the Abomination of Desolation (that would destroy the temple and scatter the peoples of Israel.........Jesus Christ confirmed that event would take place in the 1st century as prophesied (Dan. 9:27, Matthew 24:15)
You do not believe the new testament? I do

You do not believe the new testament? I do
that's it? you resort to blind acceptance of anything you read. A very
intelligent person of the past who was a prolific writer and a person highly
esteemed in his own time and today said "Be careful of what you WRITE---
there are people who BELIEVE anything written" It is a well established
FACT that the man did write that----his original writings exist even in the
Vatican Archives (stolen during the Inquisition) It seems clear that Jesus
was literate----but he left no writings at all. In fact even the "certified"
"gospels" do not exist in the original----NONE OF THEM. It amazes me
that the "DEAD SEA SCROLLS" ----which precede the putative writings
of the "gospels"-----do exist--such as they are----but not a single JOT from
Jesus.

Last edited:

Pharisaic Laws​

In contrast to the two commands of Christ, the Pharisees had developed a system of 613 laws, 365 negative commands and 248 positive laws... By the time Christ came it had produced a heartless, cold, and arrogant brand of righteousness. As such, it contained at least ten tragic flaws.
there is no classification called "Pharisaic Laws" in the real world. ----try
a library or a jewish book store and look for THE BOOK---PHARISAIC LAWS.
Also---read the NT again. The concept of PHARISAIC LAWS is a Roman
construct. The Romans crucified thousands of Pharisees--including Jesus---
Herod (a shill for Rome) killed his PHARISEE cousin---John the Mikveh man. Do you have ANY idea who Caiaphas (one of the few real players in the
NT) was?----------judas is probably a Nicean construct

esteemed in this own time and today said "Be careful of what you WRITE---
Jesus.

esteemed in this own time and today said "Be careful of what you WRITE---
Jesus.

there is no classification called "Pharisaic Laws" in the real world. ----try
a library or a jewish book store and look for THE BOOK---PHARISAIC LAWS.
Also---read the NT again. The concept of PHARISAIC LAWS is a Roman
construct. The Romans crucified thousands of Pharisees--including Jesus---
Herod (a shill for Rome) killed his PHARISEE cousin---John the Mikveh man. Do you have ANY idea who Caiaphas (one of the few real players in the
NT) was?----------judas is probably a Nicean construct
If you are convinced the Bible, and Christianity is a farce, why bother trying to debunk it!
I mean you can't

35 % - of the Hebrew contained in the Dead Sea Scrolls match exactly identical with the Masoretic text

but only about 1 - 2 % - of the Dead Sea Scroll fragments found in Greek - show support todays version of the Greek Septuagint

the remaining other 55 % of the other Dead Sea Scroll materials do not match or confirm any bible version or any other manuscripts that have been found.

Over half - " 55 % " - of all Dead Sea Scroll materials discovered between 1947 and 1956 do not support or match any other manuscripts nor match up to any translation anywhere.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are usually thought to have been produced by a group known as the Essenes. The
Essenes collected and stored the Dead Sea Scrolls in caves. Today they are labeled as unbelievers, heretical cult and are not considered mainstream Christianity.
the Essenes deny original sin, heaven, hell, and salvation through Christ.

In the dead sea scrolls there were found 203 verses in the Greek language - for the Old Testament

However, there are an approximate 23,145 total verses that are contained in the entire Hebrew Old Testament

Here are the 203 Greek passages found in the Dead Sea Scrolls for the Old Testament
Greek Septuagint verse found in the Dead Sea Scrolls

4Q119 - Greek Septuagint. Leviticus. Chapter 26: 2 – 3 - 6 – 9 – 14

4Q120 - Greek Septuagint. Leviticus 1: 11 _ 2: 3 - 4 - 7 _ 3: 4 - 7 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 13 - 14 _ 4: 3 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 - 11 - 18 - 19 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 30 _ 5: 6 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 _ 6: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

4Q121 - Greek Septuagint. Numbers 3: 40 - 41 - 42 - 43 - 50 _ 4: 1 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 – 16

4Q122 - Greek Septuagint. Deuteronomy 11: - 4

7Q1 - Greek Septuagint. Exodus 28: 4 - 5 - 6 - 6 – 7

8HevXIIgr - Septuagint

Jonah 1: - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Jonah 2: -1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 6
Jonah 3: - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10
Jonah 4: - 1 - 2 - 5
Micah 1: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8
Micah 2: - 7 - 8
Micah 3: - 5 - 6
Micah 4: - 3 - 4 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10
Micah 5: - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
Nahum 1: - 13
Nahum 2 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 12 - 13
Nahum 3: - 3 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15
Habakkuk 1: - 6 - 7 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 15 - 16 – 17
Habakkuk 2: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Habakkuk 3: - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15
Zephaniah 1: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18
Zephaniah 2: - 9 - 10
Zephaniah 3: - 7
Zechariah 1: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 12 - 13 – 21
Zechariah 2: - 3 - 4 - 5 - 7 - 8 - 12
Zechariah 3: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
Zechariah 8: - 19 - 20 - 21 - 23
Zechariah 9: - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

about 1 - 2 % - of the Dead Sea Scroll fragments found in Greek - show support todays version of the Greek Septuagint - meaning there are contradictions, variants and problems where these manuscripts do not support the Greek Septuagint

just because people were making Greek translations of the Old Testament does not provide support for a completed
Greek Septuagint - especially when less that 1 % of Greek manuscripts exist - to show what existed as Old Testament Greek translation.

trinitarians exaggerate and invent false narratives and probably have even overly exaggerated what was actually found in Greek within Dead Sea Scrolls -

in other words, Trinitarians will take flakes and shreds of crumbled fragments that are only partial verses or partial chapters and then invent the narrative and idea that they had discovered a complete chapter or completed verse when only a tiny flake or fragment had actually been discovered.

they exaggerate

35 % - of the Hebrew contained in the Dead Sea Scrolls match exactly identical with the Masoretic text

but only about 1 - 2 % - of the Dead Sea Scroll fragments found in Greek - show support todays version of the Greek Septuagint

the remaining other
55 % of the other Dead Sea Scroll materials do not match or confirm any bible version or any other manuscripts that have been found.

Over half - " 55 % " - of all Dead Sea Scroll materials discovered between
1947 and 1956 do not support or match any other manuscripts nor match up to any translation anywhere.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are usually thought to have been produced by a group known as the Essenes. The
Essenes collected and stored the Dead Sea Scrolls in caves. Today they are labeled as unbelievers, heretical cult and are not considered mainstream Christianity.

In the dead sea scrolls there were found 203 verses in the Greek language - for the Old Testament

However, there are an approximate 23,145 total verses that are contained in the entire Hebrew Old Testament

Here are the 203 Greek passages found in the Dead Sea Scrolls for the Old Testament

4Q120 - Greek Septuagint. Leviticus 1: 11 _ 2: 3 - 4 - 7 _ 3: 4 - 7 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 13 - 14 _ 4: 3 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 - 11 - 18 - 19 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 30 _ 5: 6 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 _ 6: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

4Q121 - Greek Septuagint. Numbers 3: 40 - 41 - 42 - 43 - 50 _ 4: 1 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 – 16

8HevXIIgr - Septuagint

about 1 - 2 % - of the Dead Sea Scroll fragments found in Greek - show support todays version of the Greek Septuagint - meaning there are contradictions, variants and problems where these manuscripts do not support the Greek Septuagint

just because people were making Greek translations of the Old Testament does not provide support for a completed Greek Septuagint - especially when less that 1 % of Greek manuscripts exist - to show what existed as Old Testament Greek translation.

trinitarians exaggerate and invent false narratives and probably have even overly exaggerated what was actually found in Greek within Dead Sea Scrolls -

in other words, Trinitarians will take flakes and shreds of crumbled fragments that are only partial verses or partial chapters and then invent the narrative and idea that they had discovered a complete chapter or completed verse when only a tiny flake or fragment had actually been discovered.

they exaggerate

ROFLMAO----there are none---just the sophistry of a uniminded
apologist EUSEBIUS. You got the writings of Jesus? ----or "MARK"?
or "LUKE" ? The dead sea scrolls actually exist and threw a christian
scholar (sorry I forgot his name) into emotional turmoil ----why? no
mention of JESUS----that FAMOUS guy that caused so much angst
amongst DA JOOOOS.
If you are convinced the Bible, and Christianity is a farce, why bother trying to debunk it!
I mean you can't
It is very important----responsible for the murder of hundreds of millions.
Even the present pope felt a need to apologize to----well---the ESKIMOS.

the remaining other
55 % of the other Dead Sea Scroll materials do not match or confirm any bible version or any other manuscripts that have been found.

Over half - " 55 % " - of all Dead Sea Scroll materials discovered between
1947 and 1956 do not support or match any other manuscripts nor match up to any translation anywhere.

8HevXIIgr - Septuagint

just because people were making Greek translations of the Old Testament does not provide support for a completed Greek Septuagint - especially when less that 1 % of Greek manuscripts exist - to show what existed as Old Testament Greek translation.

they exaggerate
ROFLMAO----you are HANGING YOUR ONLY HAT----on the dead sea
scrolls------read them----they do not address the issues that FASCINATE
YOU-----you are groping DESPERATELY. It is not entirely clear to me that
the ESSENES wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls-----that group was one of the first
of the monastic desert settlements out in the Wilderness during Roman
occupation of Judea---BUT there were many such enclaves. I believe that
early on----when the Essene group was first "discovered" ---the christian
scholars came up with the idea that JESUS was a "member"....sorry---no
such evidence exists.

I agree completely with you - the ESSENES are a distraction to the hype called Dead Sea Scrolls

also the remaining 55 % of Dead Sea Scrolls are materials that exist - are either not supporting the Bible Translations we have today or they are Apocryphal writings or materials not related to the Bible

i could have clarified that a little better than I did

Last edited:
I agree completely with you - the ESSENES are a distraction to the hype called Dead Sea Scrolls

also the remaining 55 % of Dead Sea Scrolls are materials that exist - are either not supporting the Bible Translations we have today or they are Apocryphal writings or materials not related to the Bible

i could have clarified that a little better than I did
ok----my sense is that the DEAD SEA scrolls is very little or no
attempt to QUOTE the bible accurately---and very little greek.
The idea that the writers were historians eager to PRESERVE
scriptural writings of the past ----is just wishful thinking

amongst DA JOOOOS.

such evidence exists.
Well I gave you manuscript evidence that states the reliability of the Bible it is more reliable to say he existed than say Alexander the great i can't help you !

Well I gave you manuscript evidence that states the reliability of the Bible it is more reliable to say he existed than say Alexander the great i can't help you !
I never suggested that he did not exist----your concept that there is more
evidence that Jesus existed than did Alexander is utter BS and completely
unrelated to the "reliability of the NT" You are desperate. Johnny Appleseed and Robin Hood also "existed". It is a fact that your
"PHARISAIC LAW" is an idiot HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE construct---in detail. Do you also "believe" that the talmud is "all about jesus" and black magic?
Try to be honest----did you KNOW that the Romans crucified thousands
of Pharisee Jews? Did anyone ever suggest to you that the "money
changers" in the Temple Courtyard were "pharisee shysters"? How about
the crowds of jews chanting 'CRUCIFY HIM, CRUCIFY HIM" like vestal
virgins watching roman lion lunch?

amongst DA JOOOOS.

such evidence exists.

You enjoy like acting like a pig?

Last edited:
Why was Jesus crucified?

HEBREWS 10​

1For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.
[Thee sacrifice of animals could NOT take away Sin, it could only cover it.]
5Therefore, when He (Jesus) came into the world, He said:
“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.

[Again those sacrifices could not remove Sin, only cover it/hide it.]

7Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—

To do Your will, O God.’

[Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, He removed Sin]

11And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God

Why was Jesus crucified?

HEBREWS 10​

1For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.
[Thee sacrifice of animals could NOT take away Sin, it could only cover it.]
5Therefore, when He (Jesus) came into the world, He said:
“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.

[Again those sacrifices could not remove Sin, only cover it/hide it.]

7Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—

To do Your will, O God.’

[Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, He removed Sin]

11And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God
sorry---this excerpt is from WIKKI----I do not vouch for it----but I would
not vouch for an annonymous person with a nom de plum "MARK"
either-----his essay does not describe the purpose of animal "sacrifice"---
which actually supplied lunch for my landless ancestors >>>>>

Most critical scholars reject the early church tradition linking the gospel to John Mark, who was a companion of the Apostle Peter, and it is now generally agreed that it was written anonymously for a gentile audience, probably in Rome, sometime shortly before or after the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 AD.

in order to evaluate the issue of animal sacrifice, it is important to
understand its function and something about animal sacrifice
thruout the world INCLUDING ANCIENT ROME. ----Read a good
ANTHROPOLOGY textbook

What part of my posting offends you? I would really like to know.
I am offended by lots of stuff posted on this board too. YOU might
be surprised by that which offends me.

You are negative to virtually everyone who doesn't think like you do. I try and reserve mine for the worst of the worst although I am not always able to. I apologize for Christians who feel the need to denigrate your beliefs. I would never do that, the Words that make up our Books are sacred to us and therefore should be respected.

sorry---this excerpt is from WIKKI----I do not vouch for it----but I would
not vouch for an annonymous person with a nom de plum "MARK"
either-----his essay does not describe the purpose of animal "sacrifice"---
which actually supplied lunch for my landless ancestors >>>>>

Most critical scholars reject the early church tradition linking the gospel to John Mark, who was a companion of the Apostle Peter, and it is now generally agreed that it was written anonymously for a gentile audience, probably in Rome, sometime shortly before or after the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 AD.

in order to evaluate the issue of animal sacrifice, it is important to
understand its function and something about animal sacrifice
thruout the world INCLUDING ANCIENT ROME. ----Read a good
ANTHROPOLOGY textbook

I do not ask that you vouch for anything, just not to disparage it.

Forum List

Back