Why Trump´s Stimulus is coming slowly

It is because of the ancient computer systems that are still not replaced. They use a software from 1959 and are struggling to find experts.

FWIW, the Dept of Treasury wanted to update their systems about 20 years ago, but when given the estimate of what it would cost, Congress declined to approve it. Now it would cost even more.

But there is a very easy fix to all of this: reopen the economy sooner than later and people won't need the money as bad.
Virus experts´ advice should have more weight than temporary impact on the economy.

It is because of the ancient computer systems that are still not replaced. They use a software from 1959 and are struggling to find experts.

when I'm stimulated, I come very fast

The problem is bigger when computers to replace the old ones must be produced in China. Our current economy can't afford American made computers to upgrade the old ones used by the government.

So far this week I'm still getting "Payment Status Not Available" as are apparently a lot of taxpayers. So much for having provided direct deposit info, fat lot of good that did.

>> This recently updated answer highlights a very key point that wasn’t included earlier - one of the reasons you get this error is if “The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.”​
In other words, they don’t know your status because they haven’t fully processed your information. If you recently filed a tax return for 2019 or used their Non-Filer form to give them your banking information, they just haven’t processed that new information yet. It also doesn’t include information for those who receive benefits through Social Security or Veterans Affairs.​
As they work through the data entry backlog, your information is only updated once a day. When it is, your status will first change to show you where they are direct depositing your stimulus check, including the last few digits of your bank account. Then, it’ll show the date the transfer is set to occur.​
At this point, there isn’t anything you can do to speed along the process. It’s merely a wait and “check once a day” to see what the IRS has been able to update.​
It’s not good news but at least now you know why you keep seeing the “Payment Status Not Available” error message - and that there’s nothing anyone can do about it except wait. <<​

(I didn't file yet for 2019 but there is a 2018 return on file with bank info on it and there's also SS)

Here's the alleged scoop on paper checks (Forbes):

>> The Washington Post reviewed an IRS internal memo in which it detailed how it would be sending out paper checks starting on April 24th. The IRS plans to issue and mail about 5 million checks each week and will send them based on the taxpayer’s earnings.​
  • Earning $10,000 or less - April 24th
    • Earning $20,000 or less - May 1st
    • Earning $30,000 or less - May 8th
    • Earning $40,000 or less - May 15th
    • Earning $50,000 or less - May 22nd
    • Earning $60,000 or less - May 29th
    • Earning $70,000 or less - June 5th
    • Earning $80,000 or less - June 12th
    • Earning $90,000 or less - June 19th
    • Earning $100,000 or less - June 26th
The schedule continues in the same rate - increasing to those earning $10,000 more each week. This continues until the final checks, to joint taxpayers who earn $200,000 or less, on September 4th. <<​
No way to tell at this point whether one should expect a DD or a paper check :dunno:

Whelp --- not only is the "Get my Payment" function nonfunctioning ------------ the entire IRS website is down.

'Where is my money?': Frustrated Americans left waiting for stimulus payments as IRS sends funds to wrong accounts amid COVID-19 pandemic

>> The IRS and tax preparation companies say they are working on a fix to a glitch that appears to be sending payments back and forth between closed accounts and the IRS.

The IRS has successfully delivered stimulus payments to about 80 million consumers by direct deposit. The National Consumer Law Center says "hundreds of thousands" were mistakenly sent to dormant accounts.

Now the IRS site is back up, and for the FIRST TIME EVER I got the "Get My Payment" to work and got in.

It said it didn't have bank info on file for me, even though I'm sitting here looking at the return that was sent in a year ago, with all the numbers clearly printed on it. So it wanted me to "submit" (REsubmit because their dog ate their homework) the bank info, which hasn't changed. Then they want me to fill in ---- even though they've already identified me at this point ---- whether I received a refund or owed money. That's complicated because technically neither was the case. Not being able to find the box that said "IRS was supposed to send me a refund and was given all the necessary info but then decided it liked having its hand in my pocket better, sent me one of its extortion letters and didn't have to explain what it was doing because fuck you", I went with what the original return said. Even though they did cash my extortion check yet somehow have "no record" of the routing number sitting right there on the same return they demanded more money for. Strange that they could read everything else.

So I can't tell if they're going to find a conflict because they never did send me a refund as indicated, or if they'll reach a conflict because I sent them one as not indicated, but either way I have no doubt said conflict will cause them to completely melt down on their little rigid robot routine and go into another collective brain freeze.

So now they've got me to put online the bank info I never wanted put online in the first place for security reasons and if it gets hacked because some hacker in his mom's bedroom who weighs 400 pounds can read bank info that they can't, I'll be left in the lurch and IRS will go, "who me?". Or maybe they'll fuck up yet again and pay somebody else. Your tax dollars on tour.

But at least there's a shot that I won't in a million years get a check with Rump's name festooned all over it. Those things bounce a lot.

Now the IRS site is back up, and for the FIRST TIME EVER I got the "Get My Payment" to work and got in.

It said it didn't have bank info on file for me, even though I'm sitting here looking at the return that was sent in a year ago, with all the numbers clearly printed on it. So it wanted me to "submit" (REsubmit because their dog ate their homework) the bank info, which hasn't changed. Then they want me to fill in ---- even though they've already identified me at this point ---- whether I received a refund or owed money. That's complicated because technically neither was the case. Not being able to find the box that said "IRS was supposed to send me a refund and was given all the necessary info but then decided it liked having its hand in my pocket better, sent me one of its extortion letters and didn't have to explain what it was doing because fuck you", I went with what the original return said. Even though they did cash my extortion check yet somehow have "no record" of the routing number sitting right there on the same return they demanded more money for. Strange that they could read everything else.

So I can't tell if they're going to find a conflict because they never did send me a refund as indicated, or if they'll reach a conflict because I sent them one as not indicated, but either way I have no doubt said conflict will cause them to completely melt down on their little rigid robot routine and go into another collective brain freeze.

So now they've got me to put online the bank info I never wanted put online in the first place for security reasons and if it gets hacked because some hacker in his mom's bedroom who weighs 400 pounds can read bank info that they can't, I'll be left in the lurch and IRS will go, "who me?". Or maybe they'll fuck up yet again and pay somebody else. Your tax dollars on tour.

But at least there's a shot that I won't in a million years get a check with Rump's name festooned all over it. Those things bounce a lot.

And now the IRS page is locked out.

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/login" on this server.

No info, no payment, no nuttin'.

Well, today was a nice surprise. Got my 1,200 dollar check today. Wasn't sure if it was going to show up or not, but here it is.

Forum List

Back