Why the Sudden Doubts about the Verdict?

At the beginnng and through most of the trial, Democrats on her were crowing about Trump going to prison, Republicans being forced to vote for a felon, etc. Now the attitude seems to be "wait and see," and the moral cowardice of, "I'll respect the jury's verdict."

Even the WaPo is lowering expectations - they defining "high expectations" as a former president and current frontrunner literally imprisoned by the opposition party, banana republic style.

I would caution people, based on my own experience, to remember that their experience from the outside is as different than the jury’s as the courtroom sketches are from the reality of being there in person. And I would note that Trump’s guilt will ultimately be decided not on whether the public thinks the case has been made or even on whether the jury does, but instead on the conversation the jury has within the constraints of evidence and the law to which they have been exposed.

And no one can reliably predict how that conversation will unfold.

I don't get it. If the evidence is so strong, and the judge so fair, and the Jury made of savvy New Yorkers who won't be put off by the likes of fellow New Yorker Michael Cohen, why doubt the outcome? If Trump's actions are so proven, and they fit so well into a clearly defined crime, and the witnesses so credible, why would you not predict a swift verdict of guilty on all counts?

Team Trump barely responded to the prosecution's case. Two witnesses, both of whome the fair judge cut off from answering. The jury will consider only the prosecution's examinations, the defense's cross, and the closing arguments. How can you doubt a victory for your side?

Is is possible that this is the answer, incredible as it may seem:

Did you really and truly not know what a farce this trial was from the beginning? Did you believe your own nonsense about no one being above the law, and this case being a simple example of Donald Trump finally facing trial for his crimes as anyone else would? Now, having seen how absurdly weak and counter to the law, this prosecution is, you pretend that you only care that the process was carried out, and you were never expecting a particular outcome?

I'm disappointed in you, really. I would have expected you to keep up the cry of "Felon Trump" right up until the hung jury was announced and then to denounce the sneaky Trumpers who must have lied their way onto the jury.

But, you will respect the findings, eh?

I look forward to seeing you keep that promise.
We all know he's guilty, but all it takes is one brainwashing victim on the jury.

And that's not new, we've been saying that all along.

But it is funny to watch you kids squirm when we tell you he's going to prison.

^^not capable of answering a simple Yes or No question.

It's all the same. Both are horrible candidates.

On a scale of 1 to 100 is one a -50 while the other a -55?

What's the difference?

• Winner
Reactions: iku
I am reporting lessons I learned as a Democrat and why I changed and why Democrats are the problem Coach the Teacher.
You seem Brainwashed/Indoctrinated in your "AGING"
I know, it's tough, but the REAL frauds in America support the Life-Long Con Man named Donald John Trump.

Dear Lord Robert. The (R) are true elitists and racists.
Sorry you can't see it, and even more sorry you joined the CULT.

You seem Brainwashed/Indoctrinated in your "AGING"
I know, it's tough, but the REAL frauds in America support the Life-Long Con Man named Donald John Trump.

Dear Lord Robert. The (R) are true elitists and racists.
Sorry you can't see it, and even more sorry you joined the CULT.
Look who believes in insults? I try to engage you and keep it light hearted. I have tried to reach out to you only to have you get upset and attack me back.
Maybe you believe to me Trump is perfect??? Because he is definitely not perfect. Can you say this about Biden? Trump hurts himself by some of his talks. Can you admit do does Biden or is it that cult grabbed your balls and won't let go of them? Trump got rich and spent millions to be president. And he worked for free. Biden won't work for free. And Biden uses your money to get him elected. And of course in your ignorance you will vote for Biden.

Look who believes in insults? I try to engage you and keep it light hearted. I have tried to reach out to you only to have you get upset and attack me back.
Maybe you believe to me Trump is perfect??? Because he is definitely not perfect. Can you say this about Biden? Trump hurts himself by some of his talks. Can you admit do does Biden
or is it that cult grabbed your balls and won't let go of them? Trump got rich and spent millions to be president. And he worked for free. Biden won't work for free. And Biden uses your money to get him elected. And of course in your ignorance you will vote for Biden.
Let's review.
You, You are the one that constantly attacks and accuses me, yes me, of things I don't believe in. You do it constantly.
You say I don't attack (D), yet you refuse to comment about me saying the Harris is Worthless and Biden should dump her. Keep up before you attack me anymore.
You ALSO fail to acknowledge every post where I say I despise ALL politicians, that includes Biden.

or is it that cult grabbed your balls and won't let go of them?

Really, biden doesn't have a CULT, he can barely draw 10 people, how is that a CULT? I have Values, my VALUES rarely follow ANY Corrupt Politician. I'll say it again Robert, FUCK ALL Politicians, especially Trump, because he is a Life Long Con Man.

Maybe you believe to me Trump is perfect??? Because he is definitely not perfect. Can you say this about Biden? Trump hurts himself by some of his talks. Can you admit do does Biden.

Fuck Joe Biden, I just don't need to attack him daily because you guys do that constantly. Check out Nostra, Marvin, Excalibur, You, etc......Daily posts attacking Biden. True or not Robert?
Trump got rich and spent millions to be president. And he worked for free. Biden won't work for free. And Biden uses your money to get him elected.
Wow, trump STOLE from you, you got conned, trump stole from Me, Tax Payer $$$, trump stole from the Government for MILLIONS, thru not
dissolving from his businesses like he PROMISED. Fucking con man Robert. But yes, supposedly he donated his $400,000 salary but made MILLIONS conning in other methods.

Trump DIDN'T spend MILLIONS to be President, he took that money from YOU and other CULT members.
And of course in your ignorance you will vote for Biden.

Lastly, you claim to be civil, yet you end with an
attack.

The mainstream media is acknowledging the likelihood of a hung jury. As I figured, they are speculating about a lone jury holdout.

I think that is a tactical error. No doubt, a big part of the reason the judge gave the jurors so many days off after testimony ended was so that they could be exposed to as much media spin as possible before reconvening.

Just by the medias mentioning of a hung jury so many times, they will be conditioned to believe that a hung jury is not only acceptable, but likely.

No doubt, the judge will try to convince them otherwise, if he still believes the majority would convict.

However strong their feelings are about Trump and in whatever direction, they must be tired of this whole nonsense by now. Not tired enough for either side to simply give up though. But, either side could convince themselves that a hung jury would be a victory. Anti-Trump jury members can tell themselves that at least he wasn’t found innocent.

At this point, against a poster with whom I have wagered before, I would be willing to lay odds that the jury will be hung.

Tactical error? Wtf do you think they are doing there?

They get paid for discussing news and are just saying what they think (for the most part anyway).

Just shows how far up the conspiracy land your head is.

That violation expired a long time ago, Anton and it wasn't a felony then!

You don't know what you are talking about.

In calculating the time limitation applicable to commencement of a criminal action, the following periods shall not be included:

(a) Any period following the commission of the offense during which (i) the defendant was continuously outside this state

Trump wasn't present in NY much, so in effect period of limitations for prosecuting his fellonies in NY is 10 years.

You don't know what you are talking about.

In calculating the time limitation applicable to commencement of a criminal action, the following periods shall not be included:

(a) Any period following the commission of the offense during which (i) the defendant was continuously outside this state

Trump wasn't present in NY much, so in effect period of limitations for prosecuting his fellonies in NY is 10 years.
Do you grasp the meaning of the term "continuously outside this state"?

Forum List

Back