Why the Second Amendment may be losing relevance in gun debate

Greedy is not the criteria to what makes a government tyrannical.

Sure it is. As politicians get ever more greedy for power and wealth, they turn the power of government against the citizens.

Talk about not knowing the subject.

Sheesh, study up on the subject a bit.

Wrong. Those are simply the worst examples, but all governments are tyrannical to a degree.

They have to be.

The problems arise when the leaders get too greedy for wealth and power.

As we are seeing worldwide.

I generally agree. We saw it in spades during the Trump administration. A man whose entire existence is a paean to greed and avarice got into office and then proceeded to fleece the American people with his hotel deals and his fake attempts at "divesting" from his companies. What a sham.

And the dems are not lilly white either. Nancy P. has some questionable (albeit presumably "legal") activities in relation to stocks.

I see folks like Joe Manchin living on his houseboat and driving a fancy sports car while he represents one of the poorest states in the US.

It's repulsive to see how our government is made up of people just like us. Greedy and grasping.

I generally agree. We saw it in spades during the Trump administration. A man whose entire existence is a paean to greed and avarice got into office and then proceeded to fleece the American people with his hotel deals and his fake attempts at "divesting" from his companies. What a sham.

And the dems are not lilly white either. Nancy P. has some questionable (albeit presumably "legal") activities in relation to stocks.

I see folks like Joe Manchin living on his houseboat and driving a fancy sports car while he represents one of the poorest states in the US.

It's repulsive to see how our government is made up of people just like us. Greedy and grasping.

What a load of horse shit. Trump did the exact opposite of what obummef, and xiden have done.

You are either a moron, or a Chinese stooge.

"The aspirational Second Amendment is overtaking the judicial Second Amendment in American law," he wrote in the Indiana Law Journal in 2018, a sentiment he repeated in a recent interview with ABC News. "State law is embracing such a robust, anti-regulatory view of the right to keep and bear arms that the judicial Second Amendment, at least as currently construed, seems likely to have less and less to say about the shape of America's gun laws."’
TRANSLATION: Game one goes to the constitution, time to switch gears and try an end run around it.

Sure it is. As politicians get ever more greedy for power and wealth, they turn the power of government against the citizens.

Talk about not knowing the subject.

Sheesh, study up on the subject a bit.
A tyrannical government is where people are oppressed, their free is taken away, and they can't express themselves. If a government official, or officials,is/are in the background stealing government funds, that is not a tyrannical government. There is no Sheesh about it.

So my list of current tyrannical governments stands and the US and UK are nowhere near tyrannical, even if government fraud may be happening behind our backs.

A tyrannical government is where people are oppressed, their free is taken away, and they can't express themselves. If a government official, or officials,is/are in the background stealing government funds, that is not a tyrannical government. There is no Sheesh about it.

So my list of current tyrannical governments stands and the US and UK are nowhere near tyrannical, even if government fraud may be happening behind our backs.

There is definitely a difference between tyrannical and corrupt. But with corruption comes the promise of more gains through more direct control. It will always be a temptation for the corrupt to become tyrants. They will attempt to overturn free and fair elections, they will mobilize their base to attack the government as a useful tool to maintain their direct control.

But more subtly they will work to destroy the free and fair election process through selective disenfranchisement of voters who cannot be counted on voting for them and they will gerrymander the districts to shore up their control.

I don't think America is too far gone, but we are getting closer. Now that many on one side have demonized education to the point that basic facts no longer hold sway for them, it is a relatively easy feat to get them to vote against their own self interest consistently until the reins are fully in someone's hands at which point the tyranny can begin.

There is definitely a difference between tyrannical and corrupt. But with corruption comes the promise of more gains through more direct control. It will always be a temptation for the corrupt to become tyrants. They will attempt to overturn free and fair elections, they will mobilize their base to attack the government as a useful tool to maintain their direct control.

But more subtly they will work to destroy the free and fair election process through selective disenfranchisement of voters who cannot be counted on voting for them and they will gerrymander the districts to shore up their control.

I don't think America is too far gone, but we are getting closer. Now that many on one side have demonized education to the point that basic facts no longer hold sway for them, it is a relatively easy feat to get them to vote against their own self interest consistently until the reins are fully in someone's hands at which point the tyranny can begin.
Doesn't matter which country it is, 100% of people get into politics for the money. Whether they steal the money directly, or use their position to gain money from companies, or to create legislation so their own businesses make more money; the more corrupt and back stabbing you can be, the higher up the ladder you will get.

And if anyone thinks a politician is in their job because they want to help people, they're mighty delusional.

O

Oh? Seems to me there are loads of songs and videos banned in the UK for political reasons. Invisible Sun by The Police being one of them.

O

Oh? Seems to me there are loads of songs and videos banned in the UK for political reasons. Invisible Sun by The Police being one of them.

Don't forget the guy arrested for singing "Kung Fu Fighting."

A pub singer has been arrested on suspicion of racism for singing the classic chart hit Kung Fu Fighting.

The song, performed by Simon Ledger, 34, is said to have offended two Chinese people as they walked past the bar where he was singing.

The entertainer regularly performs the 1974 number one hit, originally by disco star Carl Douglas, at the Driftwood Beach Bar in Sandown, on the Isle of Wight.

Yeah it was in pretty good rotation back in the 80's on MTV in the US. I don't know about how it was treated in the UK though.

It was banned. The beeb didn't like the way the "Troubles" was portrayed. I think the little kid throwing the rock at the Saracen APC was too much for them.

It was banned. The beeb didn't like the way the "Troubles" was portrayed. I think the little kid throwing the rock at the Saracen APC was too much for them.

Isnt calling the APC “ a Saracen cultural appropriation? How dare they….

Forum List

Back