Why the Second Amendment may be losing relevance in gun debate

Why the Second Amendment may be losing relevance in gun debate

‘Joseph Blocher, professor of law and co-director of the Center for Firearms Law at Duke Law School, described the patchwork of state laws that exists across the country as a "buffer zone" for the Second Amendment. "Before you even get to the Constitution, there's a huge array of other laws...
hmmmm, the most telling thing about this post is the Freudian slip:
"Before you even get to the Constitution,"
Now there is proof of what they are really going after

Last edited:
I would disagree here. More rabid paranoia than cowardice. A gun nut can be physically brave, but still believe that there's always someone lurking behind a bush or down a dark alley ready to kill them at a moments notice. Feeding that form of paranoia is used effectively by the gun manufacturing industry to generate their profits.
No.....you're talking about anti-gun nuts.
That's why they vote for gun-grabbing politicians.
Many of them are with guns like Dracula when they see a cross.
They seem to want to wrap their arms around a drug-addict because he's black....forgetting that those types are responsible for most of the violent crime in America.

Does locking ones door make them paranoid because they think someone is always lurking to break in their home and kill them at a moments notice?

Asking for a friend.

What percentage is it?

at best? at least its honest kudos for that, most folks who receive the shot start acting like the sky is falling
How well it works: Experts continue to learn about Pfizer’s efficacy both in the laboratory and in the real world. Pfizer’s initial Phase 3 clinical data presented in December showed its vaccine to have 95% efficacy. In April, the company announced the vaccine had 91.3% efficacy against COVID-19, based on measuring how well it prevented symptomatic COVID-19 infection seven days through up to six months after the second dose. It also found it to be 100% effective in preventing severe disease as defined by the CDC, and 95.3% effective in preventing severe disease as defined by the FDA. Another study, not yet peer-reviewed, provided more new data that brought the efficacy number down to 84% after 6 months, although efficacy against severe disease was 97%.

I would disagree here. More rabid paranoia than cowardice. A gun nut can be physically brave, but still believe that there's always someone lurking behind a bush or down a dark alley ready to kill them at a moments notice. Feeding that form of paranoia is used effectively by the gun manufacturing industry to generate their profits.
So when you buy life insurance are you paranoid that you're going to drop dead any second?
When you wear a seat belt are you paranoid that you'll be in a car accident?
When you buy home owners insurance are you paranoid that your house will burn down?

A firearm is personal protection insurance that's all.

I don't carry a gun all the time.
That's just more of your baseless assumptions.

And those who call others cowards all the time are just projecting their own inadequacies.
Gun nuts here often brag about being armed at all times. I personally know gun nuts that, in a country neighborhood with virtually no crime (kids from the other side of the highway stole a 4 wheeler last month), won't sit on their back porch without a gun.

How well it works: Experts continue to learn about Pfizer’s efficacy both in the laboratory and in the real world. Pfizer’s initial Phase 3 clinical data presented in December showed its vaccine to have 95% efficacy. In April, the company announced the vaccine had 91.3% efficacy against COVID-19, based on measuring how well it prevented symptomatic COVID-19 infection seven days through up to six months after the second dose. It also found it to be 100% effective in preventing severe disease as defined by the CDC, and 95.3% effective in preventing severe disease as defined by the FDA. Another study, not yet peer-reviewed, provided more new data that brought the efficacy number down to 84% after 6 months, although efficacy against severe disease was 97%.
And the non vaccinated? that reads like a bible passage, from that "excerpt" can you give me the actual percentage? we also need to know the number vaccinated and non vaccinated to assess any claims of efficacy [btw, "efficacy" is the type of term one would use when one does not want to be pinned down on an issue, it sounds good but has no real commitment]

Gun nuts here often brag about being armed at all times. I personally know gun nuts that, in a country neighborhood with virtually no crime (kids from the other side of the highway stole a 4 wheeler last month), won't sit on their back porch without a gun.
YEah whatever you say , tough guy

So when you buy life insurance are you paranoid that you're going to drop dead any second?
When you wear a seat belt are you paranoid that you'll be in a car accident?
When you buy home owners insurance are you paranoid that your house will burn down?

A firearm is personal protection insurance that's all.
I've never heard of an innocent bystander being killed from misuse of insurance of any kind, or seat belts, by someone who just didn't want to use them safely.

I've never heard of an innocent bystander being killed from misuse of insurance of any kind, or seat belts, by someone who just didn't want to use them safely.
And I never killed an innocent bystander with any of my firearms.

So once again your assumptions are baseless and your generalizations are ridiculous.

So tell me how many people who LEGALLY carry concealed weapons have ever accidentally shot a bystander.

And the non vaccinated? that reads like a bible passage, from that "excerpt" can you give me the actual percentage? we also need to know the number vaccinated and non vaccinated to assess any claims of efficacy [btw, "efficacy" is the type of term one would use when one does not want to be pinned down on an issue, it sounds good but has no real commitment]
You really should expand your vocabulary.

And I never killed an innocent bystander with any of my firearms.

So once again your assumptions are baseless and your generalizations are ridiculous.

So tell me how many people who LEGALLY carry concealed weapons have ever accidentally shot a bystander.
Just because it hasn't happened to you, you think it doesn't happen? These people didn't care enough about safety to keep their guns out of the hands of their toddlers.

Yep. Gun nuts are cowards. Only a coward is afraid to face everyday life without carrying a weapon designed to kill. What are you so afraid of. Was someone mean to you when you were little?

Liberals are pussies. They are afraid of anyone that chose to protect themselves.

Like this lady:

1635938219256.png

Just because it hasn't happened to you, you think it doesn't happen? These people didn't care enough about safety to keep their guns out of the hands of their toddlers.

OK so you have nothing about a person who is legally carrying a firearm accidentally shooting anyone.

Didn't think so.

Last time I checked no toddler can get a carry permit.

Maybe you should be advocating licenses for having kids

An estimated 430 accidental gun deaths annually

Out of the 100 million plus guns in the country

If any other product had that kind of safety record it would be held up as an example.

Forum List

Back