Why the F**k is no one talking about this?

Last Friday, I believe, NYT and Politico released a story from the former head of the pentagons UFO research division. This guy worked there up until September this year. Put out a video of an F18 chasing a strange shaped flying object going 120 mph against the wind without any visible form of propulsion, or thrust, or wings, or anything that resembles our understanding of making objects fly. He says there plenty more videos like this out there, and overwhelming evidence we are probably not alone, and possibly being visited...

And then I go on USMB, don’t see a single thread talking about this. What the hell is wrong with you people. This is some mama June look a like claiming she has video of a UFO from her trailer park window...this was one of the lead guys in our own government, whose job was to research UFOs, making pretty shocking statements, with video evidence from the military...that the government isn’t denying, isn’t putting out alternate explanations too or anything. WTF is going on, and just from observing the threads out there...why have people become sooo stupid on USMB? Is this a Facebook thing?
Obviously science isn’t your strong point cuz it’s been over there for a week
What? That sentence didn’t make sense.

Last Friday, I believe, NYT and Politico released a story from the former head of the pentagons UFO research division. This guy worked there up until September this year. Put out a video of an F18 chasing a strange shaped flying object going 120 mph against the wind without any visible form of propulsion, or thrust, or wings, or anything that resembles our understanding of making objects fly. He says there plenty more videos like this out there, and overwhelming evidence we are probably not alone, and possibly being visited...

And then I go on USMB, don’t see a single thread talking about this. What the hell is wrong with you people. This is some mama June look a like claiming she has video of a UFO from her trailer park window...this was one of the lead guys in our own government, whose job was to research UFOs, making pretty shocking statements, with video evidence from the military...that the government isn’t denying, isn’t putting out alternate explanations too or anything. WTF is going on, and just from observing the threads out there...why have people become sooo stupid on USMB? Is this a Facebook thing?
If aliens were here what are we supposed to do about it?

The aliens are anal probing Mudwhistle right now, so they are not available for comment.
Former official on UFOs: We might not be alone - CNN Video

On the Trail of a Secret Pentagon U.F.O. Program

We may not be alone, former Pentagon UFO investigator says

Look this isn’t standard conspiracy theory talk, this isn’t coming from some loon calling himself a scientist on the history channel, with homemade video footage of a bird in the sky...this article came from politico and NYT, from the lead official investigating UFOs. I can’t think of any other truly viable explanation for the video released, what the hell doesn’t have wings, any visible propulsion or thrust, and goes against the wind at 120 MPH? Mind you the context of that video was this object shot up from the surface at a velocity that would break apart any aircraft built by humans, and the Nimitz scrambled fighters to investigate it. Maybe, just maybe an experimental US craft with an EM drive...but that seems even more unlikely, especially considering they didnt give the Nimitz a heads up and say “don’t shoot it down, it’s ours” for what could be a very exspensive project.

I believe 120 mph is below the stall speed for an F18.
It’s probably close, but watch the video for yourself...tell me what the hell that is. “Chasing” probably wasn’t the right word, more like scrambled to investigate a pretty crazy radar track, and you can hear the pilot freaking out on the video who just keep saying “dude, what the fuck is that.” And nobody in USG or military has yet to deny the footage came from them, or that it’s fake, or doctored. This should be pretty big freaking news...

We should at least talk about this story. That’s probably the first step. If you want to say it’s fake, well then you better read the articles, see the video, and then decide for yourself after that. If people want to put out other explanations for this guys claims, by all means we should...my problem here is that everyone (who did already believe in aliens) is just discounting this as fake right off the bat, before actually reading and listening...

Usually we debunk these things pretty easily, and usually it comes from a pretty source that usually debunks themselves at some point...this is different, we should pay attention and at least have a convo about this.

We should at least talk about this story. That’s probably the first step. If you want to say it’s fake, well then you better read the articles, see the video, and then decide for yourself after that. If people want to put out other explanations for this guys claims, by all means we should...my problem here is that everyone (who did already believe in aliens) is just discounting this as fake right off the bat, before actually reading and listening...

Usually we debunk these things pretty easily, and usually it comes from a pretty source that usually debunks themselves at some point...this is different, we should pay attention and at least have a convo about this.
Post a link to the footage, then we can have a convo... Till then, its just another kooky UFO story...

Post a link to the footage, then we can have a convo... Till then, its just another kooky UFO story...
Look at the CNN links I posted. Here’s the raw video.

Moment UFO spotted by US Navy jet - CNN Video

And remember the context of this video was a crazy radar track, that the Nimitz scrambled jets to investigate.

Neil deGrasse Tyson gives take on UFO video - CNN Video

Heres NDT, giving a skeptic take...he doesn’t really explain it, just defines UFO as a unidentified flying object. This should be where this conversation should start, at bare minimum. Not discounting this as just a typical conspiracy theory.
If this is where the conversation should start; why wasn't this in tbe OP? I thought we were going to discuss a specific "sighting". Now it seems like were supposed to discuss some other persons opinion on UFOs. Someone who isn't even discussing a reported "sighting"...? This thread seems to lack focus.

And remember the context of this video was a crazy radar track, that the Nimitz scrambled jets to investigate.
Whatched the video. Its inconclusive. There is virtually no context. What's more there is no detail. Could easily be a drone.

Whatched the video. Its inconclusive. There is virtually no context. What's more there is no detail. Could easily be a drone.
The context has already been explained by me, and in the numerous articles and videos I posted. The context is, in 2004 the Nimitz scrambled F18s to investigate crazy ass radar tracks that were unexplainable, the footage of what they were investigating was/is unexplainable, and this is a pentagon official putting this out. And the military or USG, isn’t denying it, claiming it’s a fake, or doctored, or anything.

Uh what part exactly is inconclusive, because the whole damn thing is inconclusive...since we don’t really have this type of wingless, propulsionless tech that can outrun F18s in the atmosphere. We don’t really have a measuring stick for this to call ANYTHING conclusive. Are you saying the footage isn’t real?

IM NOT AN ALIEN CONSPIRACY THEORIST. I do believe that there’s a good chance life does exist somewhere in the vastness of space. But up until last week, I was pretty sure it was unlikely that we’re being visited by aliens because of the extensive statistical rareness of of 3 things. One the jump from non life to life, two the jump from simple “prokaryotic” single celled life to much more complex “eukaryotic” single celled life (which may be more rare than non life to life), and the jump from standard animal intelligence to human intelligence. All 3 of these jumps are not only extremely statistically rare as we know it, but we also don’t really fully know how they came about even in our theories that we use to try to explain them. So if there was life out there around us, it probably would be similar to our own simple bacteria, and highly intelligent aliens probably didn’t exist anywhere around us, maybe even a couple galaxies over if they did...since it would require not 1 or 2 extremely rare events to happen, but 3 extremely “rarer than winning the lottery 3 times” events to take place on top of each other. I also didn’t believe we were being “visited” because of the extreme vastness of space. Even IF something could travel at 2 times the speed of light...it’s still a 10 year journey to the nearest star.

Now I’m starting to question that.

Last edited:

Uh what part exactly is inconclusive, because the whole damn thing is inconclusive...since we don’t really have this type of wingless, propulsionless tech that can outrun F18s in the atmosphere. We don’t really have a measuring stick for this to call ANYTHING conclusive. Are you saying the footage isn’t real?

IM NOT AN ALIEN CONSPIRACY THEORIST. I do believe that there’s a good chance life does exist somewhere in the vastness of space. But up until last week, I was pretty sure it was unlikely that we’re being visited by aliens because of the extensive statistical rareness of of 3 things. One the jump from non life to life, two the jump from simple “prokaryotic” single celled life to much more complex “eukaryotic” single celled life (which may be more rare than non life to life), and the jump from standard animal intelligence to human intelligence. All 3 of these jumps are not only extremely statistically rare as we know it, but we also don’t really fully know how they came about even in our theories that we use to try to explain them. I also didn’t believe we were being “visited” because of the extreme vastness of space. Even IF something could travel at 2 times the speed of light...it’s still a 10 year journey to the nearest star.

The video doesn't show tbe object out running the F18. And if our government were going to test new tech; why wouldn't we send some of our guys to check it out in action, without telling them. That would be a perfect test to gauge the enemies perception upon encountering new tech. For instance... New Air Force drone, sent within observable distance of US Navy ship, to see what type of response is provoked... Notice there is no footage of tbe object being locked onto, or being shot down... This really isn't as provocative as some would like to think...

IM NOT AN ALIEN CONSPIRACY THEORIST. I do believe that there’s a good chance life does exist somewhere in the vastness of space. But up until last week, I was pretty sure it was unlikely that we’re being visited by aliens because of the extensive statistical rareness of of 3 things. One the jump from non life to life, two the jump from simple “prokaryotic” single celled life to much more complex “eukaryotic” single celled life (which may be more rare than non life to life), and the jump from standard animal intelligence to human intelligence. All 3 of these jumps are not only extremely statistically rare as we know it, but we also don’t really fully know how they came about even in our theories that we use to try to explain them. I also didn’t believe we were being “visited” because of the extreme vastness of space. Even IF something could travel at 2 times the speed of light...it’s still a 10 year journey to the nearest star.

The video doesn't show tbe object out running the F18. And if our government were going to test new tech; why wouldn't we send some of our guys to check it out in action, without telling them. That would be a perfect test to gauge the enemies perception upon encountering new tech. For instance... New Air Force drone, sent within observable distance of US Navy ship, to see what type of response is provoked... Notice there is no footage of tbe object being locked onto, or being shot down... This really isn't as provocative as some would like to think...
A. Nobody would be holding a camera on the radar screen, at the same time as they are scrambling jets to go check it out. I’m sure they keep that data for a few years, but it probably doesn’t translate well into a video for the regular news watcher
B. Back in 2004 our predator drone program was still barely in infancy, as well as still very secret. On top of that, our drones still have flyable sufaces like wings, obvious propulsion systems, and cannot maneuver like this pentagon official is claiming this maneuvered.
C. I don’t think some top secret Air Force program would risk having their top secret project shot down by our own guys since they probably spent and shit ton on it, not just the prototype, but in R and D as well. And certainly wouldn’t want the wreckage of it to fall in the wrong hands. Once again, this also defies any tech we have, it defies our laws of physics. We can in very general terms hypothesize how a “warp” drive would work...but that would most likely require a massive manipulation of gravity that our best at CERN still don’t fully understand the physics behind gravity, and the power requirements in order to manipulate gravity at those levels...well would probably take a lot more than a standard nuclear power plant...

You raise a good question about the clip not showing the UFO racing away and escaping the F18. I would like to see that myself. But this entire week I’ve been waiting for the government/military to pipe up and lend some sort of explanation to this, or call this elizondo guy crazy...but they’ve been eerily silent. If this Luis’s guys claims are true, then this thing defies any tech possible to humans at this point. Yea we can send rockets to space, but that’s at a steady acceleration, going in a fairly straight line. This is acceleration levels and change of directions that would not only kill any biologics on board (unless they were manipulating and moving the space time fabric around them in instead of through it, in the form of a “warp drive”), but probably incinerate and break apart anything we are capable of making in our atmosphere, lending to the possibility that maybe it’s just a human made drone also unlikely.

Obviously science isn’t your strong point cuz it’s been over there for a week
What? That sentence didn’t make sense.
A secret Pentagon program studied UFOs until at least 2012.

A. Nobody would be holding a camera on the radar screen, at the same time as they are scrambling jets to go check it out. I’m sure they keep that data for a few years, but it probably doesn’t translate well into a video for the regular news watcher
B. Back in 2004 our predator drone program was still barely in infancy, as well as still very secret. On top of that, our drones still have flyable sufaces like wings, obvious propulsion systems, and cannot maneuver like this pentagon official is claiming this maneuvered.
C. I don’t think some top secret Air Force program would risk having their top secret project shot down by our own guys since they probably spent and shit ton on it, not just the prototype, but in R and D as well. And certainly wouldn’t want the wreckage of it to fall in the wrong hands. Once again, this also defies any tech we have, it defies our laws of physics. We can in very general terms hypothesize how a “warp” drive would work...but that would most likely require a massive manipulation of gravity that our best at CERN still don’t fully understand the physics behind gravity, and the power requirements in order to manipulate gravity at those levels...well would probably take a lot more than a standard nuclear power plant...

You raise a good question about the clip not showing the UFO racing away and escaping the F18. I would like to see that myself. But this entire week I’ve been waiting for the government/military to pipe up and lend some sort of explanation to this, or call this elizondo guy crazy...but they’ve been eerily silent. If this Luis’s guys claims are true, then this thing defies any tech possible to humans at this point. Yea we can send rockets to space, but that’s at a steady acceleration, going in a fairly straight line. This is acceleration levels and change of directions that would not only kill any biologics on board (unless they were manipulating and moving the space time fabric around them in instead of through it, in the form of a “warp drive”), but probably incinerate and break apart anything we are capable of making in our atmosphere, lending to the possibility that maybe it’s just a human made drone also unlikely.
A. Not much to say about it being incomplete, crappy footage. Agreed.

B. Plausible deniability in view of our enemies handily explains the Pentagon speaking on the matter.
Also orders to fire would have to come from Command. As such the pilot may not have received any such order, or even requested to do so for that matter. If command was in the loop, there would be no danger of losing the craft to friendly fire. The pilot would be oblivious to the intent of command. (In fact; how convenient would it be for our guys to be securing, and controlling the air space where such a test is being conducted?) It still stands to reason that if we were testing such a craft; we would want a real world, "unbiased", observation from real pilots, using current systems, while not being told what they are observing.

C. The sparse and incomplete nature of tbe footage makes virtually any speculation on the matter a fools errand.

Apparently you haven't been visited by the man with a flash camera. The rest of us don't know what you're talking about. Those are weather balloons.

Forum List

Back