"Why Stop There?", CNN Advocates Mass Censorship

What's wrong with what Darcy says? Again, the 1st Amendment is not a license to say anything you want with no possibility of repercussions. That's not the way it works. Social media is a sewer.
Are we going to license libel and slander as norms? Because that's a lot of what comes out of Trump's tweets. Twitter is a private company. They have every right to set their own TOS.
If Trump doesn't like it, he's free to go elsewhere.

If you are a communist, nothing is wrong with it.

If you are a clear thinking American, everything is wrong with it.
Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie, spread lies or spread ideas that ultimately interfere with an other group's right to equality. You might not be able to tell the truth from a lie anymore, or figure out what is hate speech, but fortunately there are still fair minded people with both feet on the ground who can.

You folks are perpetually complaining about censorship, but I have never once had any trouble finding videos, articles and blogs on ...for instance, Hunter Biden's laptop or election fraud. You have no problem running your mouth here, or on the other forum I visit, merrily spreading conjecture and confused innuendo as truth. Talk radio is strong. Tucker & Lou & Hannity are strong. The gossip rags are strong. Breitbart is strong. You've got a new hidey hole called Parler for when you've lied too much on twitter.

It seems what you really want is a license to lie, and to destroy any ideas other than your own. Tough shit. Quit spreading outrageous propaganda that has already been debunked and maybe you will be heard.

Do you believe that President TRump said that white supremacists were "very fine people"?

Cause that is a lie that was told by your lefty mainstream media and still almost universally supported even though it has been utterly debunked.

THus you claim of US being the liars, is shown to be a lie.

This is what he said.

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

His mistake was implying that there were good people on that white supremacy side. A tacit approval of white supremacy. That's the problem with not being a politician and measuring your words carefully. Something I'll be glad to get back to with Biden.
It's also the fact Trump's a complete moron and doesn't think before he speaks. He tries to recover in the next frame of the conversation but the damage was already done.

Not everyone who supports the historical statues is a ws.

He was explicit and clear that he was NOT referring to ws.

You are a filthy liar. And your lib media are filthy liars. For oldlady to pretend otherwise is a filthy lie.

" and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. "

I pointed out that he tried to recover in the next exchange but the damage had been done.
A consequence of not measuring your words carefully.

That's ridiculous.

He has condemned neo-Nazis and white nationalists for decades... and did again there.

There was no damage in what Trump said, it was all correct. The only damage was the lying media that simply REFUSED to print out the whole exchange. This is why you don't deal with leftists lightly. To those who lie and distort, more than normal means can be used without remorse.

What's wrong with what Darcy says? Again, the 1st Amendment is not a license to say anything you want with no possibility of repercussions. That's not the way it works. Social media is a sewer.
Are we going to license libel and slander as norms? Because that's a lot of what comes out of Trump's tweets. Twitter is a private company. They have every right to set their own TOS.

Freedom of speech is not freedom to lie, spread lies or spread ideas that ultimately interfere with an other group's right to equality. You might not be able to tell the truth from a lie anymore, or figure out what is hate speech, but fortunately there are still fair minded people with both feet on the ground who can.

You folks are perpetually complaining about censorship, but I have never once had any trouble finding videos, articles and blogs on ...for instance, Hunter Biden's laptop or election fraud. You have no problem running your mouth here, or on the other forum I visit, merrily spreading conjecture and confused innuendo as truth. Talk radio is strong. Tucker & Lou & Hannity are strong. The gossip rags are strong. Breitbart is strong. You've got a new hidey hole called Parler for when you've lied too much on twitter.

It seems what you really want is a license to lie, and to destroy any ideas other than your own. Tough shit. Quit spreading outrageous propaganda that has already been debunked and maybe you will be heard.

Do you believe that President TRump said that white supremacists were "very fine people"?

Cause that is a lie that was told by your lefty mainstream media and still almost universally supported even though it has been utterly debunked.

This is what he said.

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

His mistake was implying that there were good people on that white supremacy side. A tacit approval of white supremacy. That's the problem with not being a politician and measuring your words carefully. Something I'll be glad to get back to with Biden.
It's also the fact Trump's a complete moron and doesn't think before he speaks. He tries to recover in the next frame of the conversation but the damage was already done.

You are a filthy liar. And your lib media are filthy liars. For oldlady to pretend otherwise is a filthy lie.

" and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. "

I pointed out that he tried to recover in the next exchange but the damage had been done.

Trump has a general problem with "not measuring his words carefully".

BUT in this particular case, he was very careful and said just what he meant and just what was needed to be said.

YOU, lefties lied either outright or by talking words out of context or adding context that was not there.

Your assumption that EVERYONE who supported the historical statues were ws? THAT IS YOUR PREMISE, NOT TRUMP'S.

For you to build on that as though he agreed with you, is you being a liar.

Which is my point. THIS pretense that the censorship we are seeing is about a fight against lying, is obviously bullshit.

After he is removed from office, Im confident that Twitter will muzzle the mango moron.
I know who the evil ones are.

They all worked for the blob and many were convicted of felonies.

GInned up process crimes while HIllary got a pass due to a corrupt and partisan FBI.

Actual crimes that resulted in jail time.

Politically motivated prosecutions that resulted in political prisoners.

There will be blowback for your sides abuses some day.

I hope that when it happens, you people whine like the faggots I know you are.

But with just enough self awareness that you realize you brought it on yourself.

It is not "murder" to holding the opinion that "only good democrat is a dead one". To deny anyone to hold and/or express that opinion is a raw example of censorship.
Wishing death on an entire group of citizens is a raw example of brain dead bigotry or out of control animosity, neither which have a place in a civilized society. Words matter.

Your side operated brown shirt mobs during the last three years, while your elected dems ordered the cops to stand down and let them rule the streets, if not actually ordering them to HELP the rioters or to arrest people that defended themselves.

In that context, OldLady, you should be expecting more than just ill wishes.
If "your side" took to the streets to protest, I'll bet you'd feel differently about that first amendment right to assemble to address grievances. The violent perpetrators who tagged along to stir up trouble and loot have been arrested, as much as they can be. The government couldn't stop a protest, that's unconstitutional, and you can't arrest someone for violence until they've committed it. When violence started, they were teargassed and hit with rubber bullets and sent home. Or to jail. Your summary of what happened over the summer is twisted nonsense.

After he is removed from office, Im confident that Twitter will muzzle the mango moron.

GInned up process crimes while HIllary got a pass due to a corrupt and partisan FBI.

It was a lot easier when they confessed to the crimes, no?

No there won't.

You sound more dejected than normal.....your INCEL is coming out.

But with just enough self awareness that you realize you brought it on yourself.

Make me laugh harder...more veiled threats please little man.

It is not "murder" to holding the opinion that "only good democrat is a dead one". To deny anyone to hold and/or express that opinion is a raw example of censorship.
Wishing death on an entire group of citizens is a raw example of brain dead bigotry or out of control animosity, neither which have a place in a civilized society. Words matter.

Your side operated brown shirt mobs during the last three years, while your elected dems ordered the cops to stand down and let them rule the streets, if not actually ordering them to HELP the rioters or to arrest people that defended themselves.

If "your side" took to the streets to protest, I'll bet you'd feel differently about that first amendment right to assemble to address grievances. The violent perpetrators who tagged along to stir up trouble and loot have been arrested, as much as they can be. The government couldn't stop a protest, that's unconstitutional, and you can't arrest someone for violence until they've committed it. When violence started, they were teargassed and hit with rubber bullets and sent home. Or to jail. Your summary of what happened over the summer is twisted nonsense.

Bullshit, most of them were encouraged to violently riot to defeat bad orange man. Nothing happened to almost any of them. They could have easily stopped it but since they saw the rioters were far left, no problem.

Who believes this bullshit...

I think OldLady no longer wants to be known as a knee-jerk biden supporter

pretty soon he’s going to start embarrassing her and she will try to rewrite history along her voting record

I doubt that seeing Old Lady is a Liberal and proud of it!

Also I agree with Old Lady and your right to free speech has limitations and private companies like Twitter, Facebook and even this site can limit what content you can post and mark it as fake news if they desire.

Now it is your choice to keep on using those platforms or find another one or create your own platform that will allow you to express your opinion without being held accountable for your possible lies but also remember there are laws already on the books that will limit your speech even then, so as you keep on screaming about free speech it has limitations and always have since I was born...

Someone should muzzle CNN
I'm surprised Twitter has put up with the blob this long.

They are limited in what they can do because of the fact Trump is the President and soon to be the former President, so they have to be very careful with what actions they take against him or the backlash could be severe for platforms like Twitter...

This is what he said.

Trump has a general problem with "not measuring his words carefully".

BUT in this particular case, he was very careful and said just what he meant and just what was needed to be said.

YOU, lefties lied either outright or by talking words out of context or adding context that was not there.

Your assumption that EVERYONE who supported the historical statues were ws? THAT IS YOUR PREMISE, NOT TRUMP'S.

For you to build on that as though he agreed with you, is you being a liar.

Which is my point. THIS pretense that the censorship we are seeing is about a fight against lying, is obviously bullshit.

No. You're projecting your grievances again. Up until recently, those lies you are crying about now being "censored" worked in your sides favor. They sure did in 2016.
I've watched this rise in the electronic world since Obama was elected. Again, right wingers absolutely lost their shit and drove off a cliff when this man was elected President.
I've never seen a visceral kneejerk reaction to a politician being elected before..until Trump came along. But where after four years, we can all agree that Trump made his own
problems..the right wing was inventing them on almost a weekly basis for Obama. Yeah, he had some foreign policy blunders, but head and shoulders above his successor.

So what worked in the past is no longer being tolerated. Where was your outrage when these platforms allowed the lies and disinformation to flow freely in the past?
Answer..they served you so you said nothing. While the rest of us called it out. Now the pendulum swings the other way..and you're suddenly pissed.
Too bad. As with then, they are private companies, free to set their own rules. Don't like it? Go elsewhere. Simple.

YOu are ill informed.

My side is taking to the streets to protest. But they are not attacking people while the police are ordered to stand down.

More often my side gets attacked and has to defend themselves as well as they can, because the police are not there.

They are limited in what they can do because of the fact Trump is the President and soon to be the former President, so they have to be very careful with what actions they take against him or the backlash could be severe for platforms like Twitter...

Twitter was around before the blob, it will be around after the blob. They should enforce their rules whether it be you or me or the blob.

I think OldLady no longer wants to be known as a knee-jerk biden supporter

pretty soon he’s going to start embarrassing her and she will try to rewrite history along her voting record
I've never been a knee jerk Democrat or lefty or whatever tag you have put on me. Ask Lone Laugher. He is always on my case. I'm an Independent, always have been, and if I argue the left side here a lot it's because some of the jokers here are so outrageous in their claims. I bitched about some of Obama's stuff and I'm probably going to bitch about some of Biden's. No one makes me happy all the time.

That is precisely what freedom of speech it. Protects the lie and destroys any and all ideas. The answer to the lie, the response to ideas lying in their own waste isn't silence. It's more speech. Why don't you know this?

YOu are ill informed.

My side is taking to the streets to protest. But they are not attacking people while the police are ordered to stand down.

More often my side gets attacked and has to defend themselves as well as they can, because the police are not there.

No. You're just brandishing weapons while walking around in tactical gear. I don't care if you aren't firing the weapons, the threat
is implied. It's straight up intimidation. Do what we say..or else..(we have weapons and we'll use them).

No there won't.

Been a long time since anyone called me little. ANd my ill wishing you was not a threat, but just wishing you get what you deserve, you vile piece of shit.

Not sure why you think that your path of violence and oppression won't have it's costs.

No there won't.

Been a long time since anyone called me little. ANd my ill wishing you was not a threat, but just wishing you get what you deserve, you vile piece of shit.

Not sure why you think that your path of violence and oppression won't have it's costs.

Yeah...whatever. Keep on threatening people then denying it later. Cowards do that.

The MSM played and printed his full remarks in enough places that I did not buy that he said those Nazi's were very fine people.

Thank you. YOu are the only liberal that I have met that has admitted that without some type of bullshit weasel words.

And even though they have admitted it, and printed his full remarks in many places, they lied enough that the Conventional Wisdom is that Trump did say it.

They lied enough to convince the American people of terrible lie about the President and thus his supporters.

Thus your pretense that it is Trump; or the republicans that are the liars, is just not true.
They both do it. It doesn't let the Republicans off the hook even a wee bit.

Twitter was around before the blob, it will be around after the blob. They should enforce their rules whether it be you or me or the blob.

You and I are not Trump, so you do know there is a major difference...

Had Trump been just some schmuck businessman that was trolling then yes I agree they should ban him but seeing he is the President and about to be the former President, well there is a different set of rules and you and I know this Candy...

Truthfully I believe Trump will get himself banned from Twitter and bring a lawsuit against them while trying to create his own platform for his base so they can spread what they consider the truth...

When I was on the Slate I would say what is a lie to you and I is the truth to others, and in today time that rings very accurate with what Trump base believe...

YOu are ill informed.

No. You're just brandishing weapons while walking around in tactical gear. I don't care if you aren't firing the weapons, the threat
is implied. It's straight up intimidation. Do what we say..or else..(we have weapons and we'll use them).

Or it could be a political statement that we have guns and are not the problem. Or a statement that if you attack us, we can defend ourselves.

What it is not, is actual mob violence used to terrorize your political enemies with the back up of hte power of the state, which is where you people are.

So, you are the ones escalating and pushing the violence higher and higher while we are still lagging way behind.

The MSM played and printed his full remarks in enough places that I did not buy that he said those Nazi's were very fine people.

Thank you. YOu are the only liberal that I have met that has admitted that without some type of bullshit weasel words.

And even though they have admitted it, and printed his full remarks in many places, they lied enough that the Conventional Wisdom is that Trump did say it.

They lied enough to convince the American people of terrible lie about the President and thus his supporters.

Thus your pretense that it is Trump; or the republicans that are the liars, is just not true.
They both do it. It doesn't let the Republicans off the hook even a wee bit.

Trump lies about the size of his rallies or the size of his hands. Teh media tells the American people that their President and thus his supporters are WS sympathizers.

That you want to pretend balance there, is not reasonable.

New Topics

Forum List

Back