Why Shouldn't The VP Have Unilateral Power To Overturn Elections??

Lol, your own talking head called you an unreasonable idiot in court records. This is a fact you can not escape. Hilarious πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Keep doubling and tripling down shortbus.
The Supreme Court refused to even grant standing to the states suing over the stolen election. Roberts was quoted as saying that he didn't want to be responsible for more riots if the election was overturned.

That is the most chickenshit reason anybody could imagine for letting the Democrat filth get away with stealing our Democracy, isn't it?

The Swamp decided that it would be better to just let Potatohead win rather than do the right thing for the Republic and now we are stuck with a piece of shit as President and our Democracy has been destroyed.

Unlike you I actually read the Constitution and respect it.

Send it back.

35 GOP state legislatures await it...
I am going to say this again because I see you morons keep dodging the question...

Would you keep this SAME ENERGY if Kamala decides to do this in 2024??

I GUARANTEE YOU that you will do a complete 180.....

But the thing is....You sycophants ALREADY KNOW that Democrats would never do anything like that....

Most of what the GOP does is self project onto Democrats the very shit they themselves ACTUALLY DO

It’s his obligation to do so and even though they altered the text it had no negative bearing on the info within the text

I literally provided you with the link to the law that gives him the authority and states the process. I can't make this any more clear for you
Why do you keep dodging the question??

Will you keep that same energy if Kamala Harris does what you wanted Pence to do??

Why is that so hard for you folks to answer??

Then why was he there? He must have some power if he's required to be part of the process.
Twelfth Amendment

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;-

The VP is the President of the Senate

That's ALL he does.

Why do you keep dodging the question??

Will you keep that same energy if Kamala Harris does what you wanted Pence to do??

Why is that so hard for you folks to answer??
i have no problem with her doing whatever the law allows her

i have no problem with her doing whatever the law allows her
Well, cheer up buttercup...

Because the law doesn't allow her to do what you wanted Pence to do either....and therefore, she won't do it..

As someone posted earlier....the text on the 12th amendment is very clear...

"The President of the Senate (Vice President) SHALL, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes SHALL then be counted.."

Let's define shall.....does it mean "maybe the VP will count the votes"?? or "the VP could count the votes if he feels like it" hmmmm...

shall - expressing an instruction or command...

Pretty sure it is a command...not a suggestion....which is why Pence did what he did....which is also why even Dan Quayle knew better....don't you think he would have been stupid enough to deny Clinton the electoral votes if he could?

The process of objecting to a states slate of electors is itself a product of legislation that has never been challenged in court. The VP has no Constitutional power to do anything but to recite the vote results of the various states.

The founders were not stupid. They knew an asshole like Trumpybear was coming.

Because the law doesn't allow her to do what you wanted Pence to do either....and therefore, she won't do it..

"The President of the Senate (Vice President) SHALL, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes SHALL then be counted.."

Let's define shall.....does it mean "maybe the VP will count the votes"?? or "the VP could count the votes if he feels like it" hmmmm...

Pretty sure it is a command...not a suggestion....which is why Pence did what he did....which is also why even Dan Quayle knew better....don't you think he would have been stupid enough to deny Clinton the electoral votes if he could?
cool and i provided the law passed by congress for you that spells out the process in which the 12th is enforced

i already addressed this

cool and i provided the law passed by congress for you that spells out the process in which the 12th is enforced

i already addressed this
Shall count the votes...that is what the Vice President does..

He presiding over the Congress on Jan 6th is largely ceremonial...

You should be upset at the Trump admin and its enablers lying to you and manipulating your emotions...

Shall count the votes...that is what the Vice President does..

He presiding over the Congress on Jan 6th is largely ceremonial...

You should be upset at the Trump admin and its enablers lying to you and manipulating your emotions...
yeah he shall, and as i highlighted in the link to the law, what happens when the votes are objected to

it’s like you just want to ignore the reality to fit your false narrative

Pence could have shown real leadership and have insisted on an audit of the 2020 Presidential election. There was certainly a massive amount of evidence that the Democrats were using the scam of unverified mail in and harvested ballots in Democrat controlled swing districts.

Having a real audit was not overthrowing an election but just making sure the election was legitimate. It was the right thing to do.

But he didn't. He joined the filthy ass Swamp and let the Democrats get away with the thievery rather than show courage to do the right thing.

He will go down in history as a traitor to his country.
And yet, you are all in support for someone who said he would never lose your support even if he shot someone on 5th Ave. in broad daylight. He had YOU pegged as easy.

Perhaps you are the one who has a problem with word comprehension....

Several Trump sycophants (including you most likely) believed that Pence could overturn the election...Gym Jordan however, put it in writing in the form of a text that he wanted Mike Pence to "declare the electoral votes unconstitutional"

The fact you have spent the 5 or 6 comments trying to pussy-foot around the point SHOWS me that you would have ZERO problems if this happened for real...as long as the VP doing it is a Republican
Can you imagine VP Harris doing that?

Precedent is set. If the Dems lose they should just throw out enough states until they win. Use the quotes of these traitors as support. Hail the donkey!

Shall has within its definition the fact that if there is an egregious error then shall not
It’s not a must nor command . It’s predicated on all being as it lawfully should be

Pence could have shown real leadership and have insisted on an audit of the 2020 Presidential election. There was certainly a massive amount of evidence that the Democrats were using the scam of unverified mail in and harvested ballots in Democrat controlled swing districts.

Having a real audit was not overthrowing an election but just making sure the election was legitimate. It was the right thing to do.

But he didn't. He joined the filthy ass Swamp and let the Democrats get away with the thievery rather than show courage to do the right thing.

He will go down in history as a traitor to his country.
Keep proving how bad you asswipes want to destroy the Constitution just because your orange god had his ass beat.

The election wasen't stolen, you imbecile.

You people are pathetic, no doubt about it.

The Supreme Court refused to even grant standing to the states suing over the stolen election. Roberts was quoted as saying that he didn't want to be responsible for more riots if the election was overturned.

That is the most chickenshit reason anybody could imagine for letting the Democrat filth get away with stealing our Democracy, isn't it?

The Swamp decided that it would be better to just let Potatohead win rather than do the right thing for the Republic and now we are stuck with a piece of shit as President and our Democracy has been destroyed.
Lol,many of the suits were tossed due to lack of evidence and still go back to Tucker Carlson defense if only unreasonable idiot would believe. Still can not excale that fact as well as the fact the suits against the bracken and Rudy still go on not to mention the Lisa's if law license. Trump's own appointed judges tossed suits on lack of evidence. It's all bull shit and we laugh at you.

Keep proving how bad you asswipes want to destroy the Constitution just because your orange god had his ass beat.

The election wasen't stolen, you imbecile.

You people are pathetic, no doubt about it.

You are confused Moon Bat.

The Constitution was destroyed when the Democrat turds used the scam of unverified mail in and harvest ballots in Democrat controlled swing districts to steal a Presidential election from the American people.

Forum List

Back