Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

Why aren't you bitching about these people who do NOTHING but play other people or play kids' sports!
NOT ONE productive effort these high priced SALARIED by the way people do!
Unlike the CEOs that work 2,000 hours a year... THESE people? Few months out of the year!

Never said the amount of the CEO's , my question was to justify their salary and gifts.
Get it!!

What is the justification for CEO's to make 10 of millions and stock options given to them. We can play the same game.

Highly skilled workers should be making $30 - $40 an hour.

From Matt Walsh Blog on the Blaze....
I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com

By what justification do you propose that "highly skilled workers should be making $30-40 per hour"?
contrary to what the left wants you to believe......there are very few CEO's that get 10's of millions of anything.

Wrong figures to the question asked.
Compare the salaries of those you have posted to the heads of the companies that put out the films.
Check that percentage difference.
Get it!

What is the justification for CEO's to make 10 of millions and stock options given to them. We can play the same game.

Highly skilled workers should be making $30 - $40 an hour.

I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com

By what justification do you propose that "highly skilled workers should be making $30-40 per hour"?

The ABSOLUTELY SAME justification that these people make these salaries!!!
View attachment 40002

View attachment 40003

Dear fast food workers,

You're right, so let's do what Australia does and pay teenagers a lower legal wage, and adults a higher min wage. If working full-time shouldn't have to be on welfare. Minimum wage today doesn't have the same purchasing power as it did when you were a min wage earner. If you wanna make the arguement that when you were on your first job you made x then let's convert x into 2015 dollars adjusted for objective scientific differences in purchasing power due to inflation and such.

Minimum wage law is a labor movement wet dream. It essentially mandates union membership for all, and sends the police after the scabs. But like all wet dreams, there's no lasting result. Just a mess to clean up in the morning.

again, when you have professors on food stamps and pilot taking on second jobs because they can't pay the bills, (and occassionally crashing planes due to sleep deprivation) the problem isn't just the burger flippers.

Why does the thought of a living wage frighten you so much?

This, of course, is blatantly false ... but I'm sure that is not important.

Because it means more laws, more lawbreakers, more police and more opportunities for people to die at the hands of overzealous government. It means more state control over our economic decisions, which makes all other freedoms a moot point. When someone else controls how you make a living, they control pretty much anything else they want to.

Why shouldn't someone else be free to take a job for less than you? Why does that frighten you so much?

Honestly, because there's always someone who is willing to work for less. And companies dumb enough to fire their experienced workers to save a few bucks, even if service and efficiency suffer.

But please keep pissing yourself over the thought the government is out to get you.

Minimum wage law is a labor movement wet dream. It essentially mandates union membership for all, and sends the police after the scabs. But like all wet dreams, there's no lasting result. Just a mess to clean up in the morning.

again, when you have professors on food stamps and pilot taking on second jobs because they can't pay the bills, (and occassionally crashing planes due to sleep deprivation) the problem isn't just the burger flippers.

Why does the thought of a living wage frighten you so much?

This, of course, is blatantly false ... but I'm sure that is not important.

Go back and read the articles I posted at the top of page 35. Yes, we have professionals on welfare because even they are being cheated.

Because it means more laws, more lawbreakers, more police and more opportunities for people to die at the hands of overzealous government. It means more state control over our economic decisions, which makes all other freedoms a moot point. When someone else controls how you make a living, they control pretty much anything else they want to.

Why shouldn't someone else be free to take a job for less than you? Why does that frighten you so much?

Honestly, because there's always someone who is willing to work for less. And companies dumb enough to fire their experienced workers to save a few bucks, even if service and efficiency suffer.

What about people who don't work as wage employees? Should they have the same protection? Should there be minimum prices on services like housecleaning or lawn care? What about shop owners? Should they be able to band together to protect themselves from upstart businesses willing to sell for less?

The workers are the one busting their ass...Why the hell should all the riches go to people at the top?

Here's how this is going to work out: far less workers and far more robots.

Unskilled work that can be replaced by machines is going the way of the Dodo. Demanding more "riches" for it will only hasten the decline.

Want $15 an hour? Meet your replacement.

16jhg6h.jpg

What about people who don't work as wage employees? Should they have the same protection? Should there be minimum prices on services like housecleaning or lawn care? What about shop owners? Should they be able to band together to protect themselves from upstart businesses willing to sell for less?

Can you kind of keep on topic? Thanks, buddy.

Why is you are so keen on the wealthy being able to abuse working people?

Maybe you need to put down the bong and the Ayn Rand....

Honestly, because there's always someone who is willing to work for less...

There's nothing honest about that claim.

And companies dumb enough to fire their experienced workers to save a few bucks, even if service and efficiency suffer...

And company efficiency is none of your fucking biz unless you own or operate it.

Can you kind of keep on topic? Thanks, buddy.

Why is you are so keen on the wealthy being able to abuse working people?

I'm not talking about wealthy people at all. I'm wondering if you think the guy cleaning windshields down at the corner (or mowing lawns, or cleaning houses, or any of the other jobs people do as low income, independent business people) should be allowed to work if he's not making minimum wage.

I'm just trying to figure out how minimum wage laws make any sense to you people. They're built on a couple of really dumb assumptions. First, the notion that banning low wages jobs will simply convert them into high wage jobs. It won't. If people don't value a job very much, laws aren't going to change that. Second, the idea that the damage done by minimum wage hikes will only burden business owners. Neither of these assumptions holds up to scrutiny, and without them, minimum wage is a bad joke.

Last edited:
The workers are the one busting their ass...Why the hell should all the riches go to people at the top?

Here's how this is going to work out: far less workers and far more robots.

Unskilled work that can be replaced by machines is going the way of the Dodo. Demanding more "riches" for it will only hasten the decline.

Want $15 an hour? Meet your replacement.

16jhg6h.jpg

Woo. I recently had my windshield replaced by a lone tech at my location. He had with him a robotic arm which lifted and held the glass in place while he installed it. No helper, no shop, no office personnel. Just a phone, a warehouse, a small truck and his pet robot.

Forum List

Back