Why Republicans Can't Win

"Government get out of the way" is the same as "do nothing". Hoping for the best is not much of a plan.

If the Federal Government would JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY of the hardest working--most innovative people on earth--(Americans) this economy would go through the roof overnight.

That is a FACT.

What we have here is a Harvard graduate--community organizer--most intellectual President of all time--that couldn't create a private sector job if his life depended on it.

Obama didn't know what to do so he did a carbon copy of FDR.

The 1930's when we actually needed roads and bridges--today we have super highways that criss-cross our nation. What bridges we needed we built. What took thousands of men with shovels in the 30's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators. What permits were done overnight in the 30's now takes years of engineering and design. And what was a work-force of primarily men in the 30's is now 1/2 women who typically don't do road and bridge work.

Mitt Romney was right when he stated: "Obama keeps running down to the corner to plug quarters into a pay-phone--(while expecting the economy to improve) not realizing that we live in a smart phone century."

View attachment 15353

You voted for it--You got it.

Since 2010 the government has been "out of the way".

How's it going?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_paKxXLsenA]Boehner Christmas II - YouTube[/ame]

No black president had ever been elected before obama
You are a very stupid individual.....Race has nothing to do with it. Of course people like you who posses room temperature IQ's would play the race card because you have nothing else with which to work.

Don't be ridiculous!! You are not really going to pretend there are no Americans that are against Obama because of his race, are you?? Just remember that that is just as stupid as saying that everybody that doesn't like him are racist.

So because there are a few morons who might hate Obama because of his race, everyone who opposes Obama solely because of race?

Yeah... didnt think so.

Obama's approval rating is misleading. The economy is bad. People are anxious. Any president's approval rating would be bad in this environment.

The Republicans can't run an "unnamed opponent". If they could figure a way to do this, they would, but they can't. Whichever candidate they nominate is already trailing Obama. RCP: vs. Perry + 8.2%; vs. Romney + 3%; Bachman + 14.5%.

The Republican party is dominated by right-wing nut jobs, whose ideology offends most Americans. Examples: booing soldiers for being gay, cheering the idea of letting uninsured people die, etc.

Most of the Republican field is unelectable. If they nominate one of their unelectabes, their chances of beating Obama become negligible.

The Republicans have no plan for improving the economy.

House Republicans are hell bent on proving how dangerous it is to elect Republicans, and how little they actually care about governing.

Booting Obama will vastly improve the economy.

No it won't.

Especially if you put someone in there that's going to be a Bush do over.

No Booshies.... Herman Cain is no Booshie do over.

He hopefully will get my vote in the next presidential election

Cain/Rubio :clap2:

Booting Obama will vastly improve the economy.

No it won't.

Especially if you put someone in there that's going to be a Bush do over.

No Booshies.... Herman Cain is no Booshie do over.

He hopefully will get my vote in the next presidential election

Cain/Rubio :clap2:

Cain doesn't have a prayer..

But he does remind me of this guy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtjdHaMeiiQ]1986 Earl Scheib commercial - YouTube[/ame]

It's sad (for you guys) that your best candidate is a Mormon from Massachusetts - whose greatest achievement is a prototype for Obamacare.

He's only the best candidate if you have a vivid imagination.

on PURe resumes, Perry beats Romney, and Obama, hands down.

First, Perry served in the military. Neither of them did.

Second, Perry has actually worked for a living. Again, neither of them every have had to.

And while Romney only served one term as a governor, Perry has served three.

Perry's problem is that he got in late, and hasn't learned to talk over the screaming panicked media who will villify him.

So its the media's fault Perry will lose. Oh damn this is rich.

No, I think that if he loses, it will because he wasn't well enough prepared, and because the GOP establishment has it's heart set on Romney, and screw what the rank and file want.

I think if he gets past Romney, he'll beat Obama like a red headed stepchild.

"Government get out of the way" is the same as "do nothing". Hoping for the best is not much of a plan.

If the Federal Government would JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY of the hardest working--most innovative people on earth--(Americans) this economy would go through the roof overnight.

That is a FACT.

What we have here is a Harvard graduate--community organizer--most intellectual President of all time--that couldn't create a private sector job if his life depended on it.

The 1930's when we actually needed roads and bridges--today we have super highways that criss-cross our nation. What bridges we needed we built. What took thousands of men with shovels in the 30's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators. What permits were done overnight in the 30's now takes years of engineering and design. And what was a work-force of primarily men in the 30's is now 1/2 women who typically don't do road and bridge work.

Mitt Romney was right when he stated: "Obama keeps running down to the corner to plug quarters into a pay-phone--(while expecting the economy to improve) not realizing that we live in a smart phone century."

View attachment 15353

Do you realize (apparently you don't) just what the terrible condition of our roads and bridges are? Is it going to take catastrophes where people lose lives before you believe what reports are telling us? (I'm sure you think any reports out of the Obama administration are lies. Let's face it. You won't deny that)

Let's hope that when the problems really start happening where YOU can see them, you'll come back and read this thread...and perhaps apologize.

That is a FACT.

View attachment 15353

Do you realize (apparently you don't) just what the terrible condition of our roads and bridges are? Is it going to take catastrophes where people lose lives before you believe what reports are telling us? (I'm sure you think any reports out of the Obama administration are lies. Let's face it. You won't deny that)

Let's hope that when the problems really start happening where YOU can see them, you'll come back and read this thread...and perhaps apologize.

Do you realize (apparently you don't) just what the terrible condition of our roads and bridges are?

It varies State to State. It comes down to the local populace if they want good roads. Or someone else to pay. Guess what you should pay, not me I have good roads.

and there you have it.

Little cartoon guns has spoken.

Fuck interstate commerse who needs it

First of all, it's not just the people of a state that use that state's roads. People and businesses from other states travel your state's roads.

Second, some states get more money than other states to fix their roads. Think about that. The federal government is giving MORE money to a state than they would have had. Of course if you're in a state that gets less, you might feel shorted. But if you're in a state that gets more, you should be grateful.

Third, what happens when the states say "we dont have enough money to fix the roads!"?? Either you're going to get roads that private businesses lay claim to...meaning VASTLY more toll roads...or you're going to get VAST reductions in American productivity.

Commutes are more dismal than ever. Congestion on roads costs $78 billion annually in the form of 4.2 billion lost hours and 2.9 billion gallons of wasted gas, according to the Texas Transportation Institute.

Read more: Editorial Commentary: America's crumbling infrastructure requires a bold look ahead - seattlepi.com

I get the meme of "revert to states' rights" and "shrink the federal government". It's simple. It's catchy. It seems to be anti-waste. But I'm finding that it's an extreme knee-jerk reaction to everything federal.

(I think it's funny that Obama is supposed to be anti-capitalism when his infrastructure plan is based on big business: "Obama's infrastructure bank would aim to attract private capital. But the private sector's role remains contentious.")

But to hell with the common good. Every state for themselves at this point. Pretty soon football games are going to be a LOT more interesting with survivalist enemies across the line.

We've had billions of stimulus dollars in addition to the normal appropriations for roads, bridges and infrastructure spent. And the infrastructure is in this kind of shape. What will throwing extra money at it do?

Right now only Romney can beat Obama. The rest of the tea party radicals will not get the independent vote.

If the economy is still in the toilet in 2012 then the only folks who will be voting for Barry are his worshipers.

Anyone with half a brain can see that his policies haven't worked. Policies he is continuing in his latest Jobs Bill/Class warfare endeavor.

Seriously I think Barry thinks all he has to do is make pretty speechs and everyone is gonna buy his "Hope and Change" BS one more time.

I think he's pissing up a rope.

First of all, it's not just the people of a state that use that state's roads. People and businesses from other states travel your state's roads.
Second, some states get more money than other states to fix their roads. Think about that. The federal government is giving MORE money to a state than they would have had. Of course if you're in a state that gets less, you might feel shorted. But if you're in a state that gets more, you should be grateful.

Third, what happens when the states say "we dont have enough money to fix the roads!"?? Either you're going to get roads that private businesses lay claim to...meaning VASTLY more toll roads...or you're going to get VAST reductions in American productivity.

Commutes are more dismal than ever. Congestion on roads costs $78 billion annually in the form of 4.2 billion lost hours and 2.9 billion gallons of wasted gas, according to the Texas Transportation Institute.

Read more: Editorial Commentary: America's crumbling infrastructure requires a bold look ahead - seattlepi.com

I get the meme of "revert to states' rights" and "shrink the federal government". It's simple. It's catchy. It seems to be anti-waste. But I'm finding that it's an extreme knee-jerk reaction to everything federal.

(I think it's funny that Obama is supposed to be anti-capitalism when his infrastructure plan is based on big business: "Obama's infrastructure bank would aim to attract private capital. But the private sector's role remains contentious.")

But to hell with the common good. Every state for themselves at this point. Pretty soon football games are going to be a LOT more interesting with survivalist enemies across the line.

Gotta love.

People who constantly stress their business acumen show complete ignorance of how business really functions in this country.

No we don't have teleporters that magically whisk goods to market.

We still have to use road and rail.

:lol:

Gotta love.

People who constantly stress their business acumen show complete ignorance of how business really functions in this country.

Yeah, hows that 2nd Avenue Subway Line Coming, Bro? :lol:

Gotta love.

The irony of you talking about others' business acumen is too rich not to point out.

I remember not all that long ago the Libs were talking like they destroyed the GOP and that not one Republican would ever win an election again....
Thanks to Obama's failed leadership I seem to remember a few Republicans winning their election to Congress.

Anything can happen a year from now. If the economy is just as bad and the unemployment numbers are also bad Obama should not win re election.

Should not? Could not? Will not?
Should he step out of the race if issues aren't improved by January's end? I know he could step aside. But will he?

Forum List

Back