Why police departments are being unfunded.

It was malicious. They didn't even bother doing any due diligence. They were just eager to bust doors down.

Yeah, I bet some of them couldn't sleep the night before they were so excited.

Do you really think that cops enjoy doing stuff like that? Would you do it? Would you bust down a door being the first person to go through it with the knowledge it might be your last day on earth, because the guy or guys are likely heavily armed, hate cops like you, don't care about getting killed, and are used to prison already?

You people watch too many television shows and think it's reality.

It was malicious. They didn't even bother doing any due diligence. They were just eager to bust doors down.

Do you really think that cops enjoy doing stuff like that? Would you do it? Would you bust down a door being the first person to go through it with the knowledge it might be your last day on earth, because the guy or guys are likely heavily armed, hate cops like you, don't care about getting killed, and are used to prison already?

Would I do it? No as I wouldn't last long because my first concern would have been for the woman. I would be so pissed at a commanding officer sending me to do something like that because they were too lazy to do their due diligence.

You do your due diligence and you don't get your officers in situations like this.

A military parade to celebrate our military strength to defend our freedom is the last thing from a threat. Police are not armed military roaming our streets, they are the front line to law and order.

Yeah, the lady who got her door kicked in, and was forced to stand naked while a dozen male police officers gawked at her, because they got the wrong address for a guy they already had an ankle bracelet on, would disagree.

Did you see her? There was more harm to the officers who did see her nude than there was to her. Yes, they had the wrong address. The person they were supposed to go after lived right next door. Police are human too, and she will be justly compensated for their mistake. In fact it might be the best thing that ever happened to her.

I would prefer they double checked their objectives under the color of law as well.

Would I do it? No as I wouldn't last long because my first concern would have been for the woman. I would be so pissed at a commanding officer sending me to do something like that because they were too lazy to do their due diligence.

You do your due diligence and you don't get your officers in situations like this.

You were not talking about the supervisors of the operation, you were talking about the officers anxious and excited to bust down a door. You think cops are a bunch of yahoos who love to kill people and destroy property. Talk to a real police officer sometime, and your views will change.

You were not talking about the supervisors of the operation, you were talking about the officers anxious and excited to bust down a door. You think cops are a bunch of yahoos who love to kill people and destroy property. Talk to a real police officer sometime, and your views will change.

Why do I need to talk to other officers when all I have to do is see this video? Not a care for the women. Not a care for performing even basic due diligence.

Put an ironing board in front of her door and all is well? I would have insisted on an officer stationed outside all night until someone could get there to fix the door.

Requiring all that manpower and busting down a door seems excessive when making sure they had the right person (who was wearing an ankle monitor) should have been a higher priority.

It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.--Blackstone's ratio

Why do I need to talk to other officers when all I have to do is see this video? Not a care for the women. Not a care for performing even basic due diligence.

Put an ironing board in front of her door and all is well? I would have insisted on an officer stationed outside all night until someone could get there to fix the door.

They don't do that in any city. They pay for the damage and that's it. Yes, you need to talk to police officers to find out what's in their mind when they go on operations like this. It's not as easy as you think. You and I would never do it.

Our police put their lives on the line every day to protect the public from the bad guys. They don't do it because it's so much fun or they love to hurt people. It's a dangerous job and in any line of work, you have to do the part of the job you don't want to do as well as the parts of the job you enjoy doing. If you watched the video, one of the officers in his car looked at the warrant and said somebody at the top Fd up. It wasn't their fault. They are only told what to do and they do it.

Years ago when I was contemplating my CCW, it was fortunate for me that our dart team at the bar was playing the Cleveland police league. It gave me an opportunity to get officers opinion on armed citizens. One younger officer told me he totally supports it. He said when he has to run after an armed suspect, a thousand things go through your mind. This guy could be behind a house waiting to kill you when you run down the drive, behind a dumpster in an alley, if it's raining, street lights flash in puddles almost giving you a heart attack. He said he'd love to see more situations where people took care of the bad guy themselves, and all he had to do is write up a report.

They don't do that in any city. They pay for the damage and that's it. Yes, you need to talk to police officers to find out what's in their mind when they go on operations like this. It's not as easy as you think. You and I would never do it.

Our police put their lives on the line every day to protect the public from the bad guys. They don't do it because it's so much fun or they love to hurt people. It's a dangerous job and in any line of work, you have to do the part of the job you don't want to do as well as the parts of the job you enjoy doing. If you watched the video, one of the officers in his car looked at the warrant and said somebody at the top Fd up. It wasn't their fault. They are only told what to do and they do it.

Years ago when I was contemplating my CCW, it was fortunate for me that our dart team at the bar was playing the Cleveland police league. It gave me an opportunity to get officers opinion on armed citizens. One younger officer told me he totally supports it. He said when he has to run after an armed suspect, a thousand things go through your mind. This guy could be behind a house waiting to kill you when you run down the drive, behind a dumpster in an alley, if it's raining, street lights flash in puddles almost giving you a heart attack. He said he'd love to see more situations where people took care of the bad guy themselves, and all he had to do is write up a report.

The job is far easier when due diligence is done.

Did you see her? There was more harm to the officers who did see her nude than there was to her. Yes, they had the wrong address. The person they were supposed to go after lived right next door. Police are human too, and she will be justly compensated for their mistake. In fact it might be the best thing that ever happened to her.

Yeah, that's right... She should be happy the police abused and terrified her.

Actually, I have talked to officers... some of them are great guys, and some of them are thugs with badges.

The problem is, we don't get rid of the thugs unless they kill someone.

"I was only following orders" doesn't work, bud. Just ask the Nazis. There should have been a point when they realized this naked social worker wasn't a threat to them, and it shouldn't have taken 20 minutes.

Yeah, that's right... She should be happy the police abused and terrified her.

She might be if the payout is large enough. Apparently she wasn't shy. She was walking around nude with several guys in her apartment.

"I was only following orders" doesn't work, bud. Just ask the Nazis. There should have been a point when they realized this naked social worker wasn't a threat to them, and it shouldn't have taken 20 minutes.

Yes, it does work that way. Your supervisor tells you what the job is and you just do the job. The officers don't double check their work or the decision of a judge.

She might be if the payout is large enough. Apparently she wasn't shy. She was walking around nude with several guys in her apartment.

Um, no, she was nude because she was getting ready for bed when some jackboots kicked down her door, and slapped handcuffs on her.

I'm always amazed that you think Black people should endure any indignity the police inflict on them, but man, if the police tried to keep you from getting a gun, you'd be screaming maniacally about your rights.

Yes, it does work that way. Your supervisor tells you what the job is and you just do the job. The officers don't double check their work or the decision of a judge.

I promise you, the cops in the apartment will be the ones ending up getting fired, not whoever put the wrong address on the paperwork.

Um, no, she was nude because she was getting ready for bed when some jackboots kicked down her door, and slapped handcuffs on her.

I'm always amazed that you think Black people should endure any indignity the police inflict on them, but man, if the police tried to keep you from getting a gun, you'd be screaming maniacally about your rights.

So what you're saying is you didn't watch the video with guys in her apartment when they busted down the door? She was probably hooking on the side.

I promise you, the cops in the apartment will be the ones ending up getting fired, not whoever put the wrong address on the paperwork.

Fired for what? They didn't do anything wrong.

So what you're saying is you didn't watch the video with guys in her apartment when they busted down the door? She was probably hooking on the side.

Hey, Ray, tell us again how you aren't racist. That shit never gets old.

Fired for what? They didn't do anything wrong.

You mean other than humiliate a citizen on false pretenses? They will be encouraged to take early retirement.

Hey, Ray, tell us again how you aren't racist. That shit never gets old.

I said nothing about race. Like always, you imagine race in a conversation when it was never there.

You mean other than humiliate a citizen on false pretenses? They will be encouraged to take early retirement.

What don't you understand about this? What would you do if you were a cop? The police get a warrant to raid an apartment that has a dangerous felon who is armed. Their first concern is that they don't get killed. They don't need to be catering to this woman, and have some lowlife come out of one of those rooms shooting at them. Their second concern is that nobody discards or destroys evidence. No evidence--no arrest, and no case. You blew it.

Police bust down a door, and one or more people scream they didn't do anything wrong and the police have the wrong apartment. How many times do you think they heard that before? Should they have just said "Oh, okay lady, must be the wrong place, sorry for the intrusion?" What if they did that with every raid they conducted?

You people on the left live in your own fantasy world. You have zero understanding how our law works, how our police departments work, or what's involved. In your imagination, you think these cops were drinking at a bar, somebody walks up to them and gives them a tip, so they go to the court and get a warrant. That's not what happens. These officers just followed their orders they got from their bosses. They didn't get the warrant, their legal department did.

My Lord, if I was told by my boss to do a pickup at X place, and deliver the freight to Y place, and started second guessing his decisions, I lose my job. That's his business, not mine. Mine is to do what he told me to do, not do his job for him. That's not what he hired me for.

I said nothing about race. Like always, you imagine race in a conversation when it was never there.

I doubt you'd accuse an overweight white social worker of being a prostitute on the side.

What don't you understand about this? What would you do if you were a cop? The police get a warrant to raid an apartment that has a dangerous felon who is armed. Their first concern is that they don't get killed. They don't need to be catering to this woman, and have some lowlife come out of one of those rooms shooting at them. Their second concern is that nobody discards or destroys evidence. No evidence--no arrest, and no case. You blew it.

Police bust down a door, and one or more people scream they didn't do anything wrong and the police have the wrong apartment. How many times do you think they heard that before? Should they have just said "Oh, okay lady, must be the wrong place, sorry for the intrusion?" What if they did that with every raid they conducted?

Hey, ray, here's the thing. you'd better have a DAMNED GOOD REASON to be busting down anyone's door. Now, we haven't been given a lot of detail about the person they WERE looking for, but what little we do know is that he was on home confinement with an ankle bracelet, and if they had done due dilligence, they'd have known they were at the wrong apartment.

These cops are all going to lose their jobs, and they should.

You people on the left live in your own fantasy world. You have zero understanding how our law works, how our police departments work, or what's involved. In your imagination, you think these cops were drinking at a bar, somebody walks up to them and gives them a tip, so they go to the court and get a warrant. That's not what happens. These officers just followed their orders they got from their bosses. They didn't get the warrant, their legal department did.

Except that they had the wrong address. And it should not have taken them 20 minutes of making this woman stand naked in the middle of the room surrounded by strange men, to realize they were at the wrong apartment.

How long do you think it takes 10 guys to search a one or two bedroom apartment, anyway? Did they think he was hiding in the oven? The Dishwasher?

My Lord, if I was told by my boss to do a pickup at X place, and deliver the freight to Y place, and started second guessing his decisions, I lose my job. That's his business, not mine. Mine is to do what he told me to do, not do his job for him. That's not what he hired me for.

Okay, but you wouldn't hang around at their dock for 20 minutes without telling them why you were there, rampaging around their warehouse and terrorizing their dock workers before figuring out you were at the wrong place. You might even figure out that if you were supposed to go to ACME, and they sign on the factory door says "Consolidated", you MIGHT be at the wrong place.

Oh, wait. You might.

I doubt you'd accuse an overweight white social worker of being a prostitute on the side.

Hey, ray, here's the thing. you'd better have a DAMNED GOOD REASON to be busting down anyone's door. Now, we haven't been given a lot of detail about the person they WERE looking for, but what little we do know is that he was on home confinement with an ankle bracelet, and if they had done due dilligence, they'd have known they were at the wrong apartment.

These cops are all going to lose their jobs, and they should.

None of them will be fired. Some should but none will be. It's why people protest.

Forum List

Back