GM
Chrysler
Stimulus
tarp (Obama's 1/2)
regulations

Ever fact here as an exact opposite fact to some degree with Perry
In Texas, Perry Outshines Obama
this is with a drilling ban in place by Obama
Billions of dollars & thousands of jobs lost with Obama’s Gulf drilling moratorium
it is really that simple

I'm currently supporting Perry, but really, he's got an uphill battle.

First, the Media is going to be excusing Obama at every turn, while amplifying every flaw of Perry's.

Second, the GOP has done a very bad job of connecting with working people. Disgust with Obama does not translate into support of Republicans. Republicans need to disabuse the public that they think the worst part about this recession is that Daddy Warbucks can't buy his daughter a new polo pony.

That said, I think Perry, who is from humble origins, has a better chance of making that connection than Mitt "My Mansion needs expanding" Romney.

6 million people have lost there jobs sense 2008
GM
Chrysler
Stimulus
tarp (Obama's 1/2)
regulations

Billions of dollars & thousands of jobs lost with Obama’s Gulf drilling moratorium
it is really that simple

First, the Media is going to be excusing Obama at every turn, while amplifying every flaw of Perry's.

Second, the GOP has done a very bad job of connecting with working people. Disgust with Obama does not translate into support of Republicans. Republicans need to disabuse the public that they think the worst part about this recession is that Daddy Warbucks can't buy his daughter a new polo pony.

That said, I think Perry, who is from humble origins, has a better chance of making that connection than Mitt "My Mansion needs expanding" Romney.

Obama is a millionaire and he got that way from being in government. I'm fed up with millionaires in the Democrat party masquerading as the common-man while they fly around in their private jets and ride around in their armored limos attending $38,000 a plate dinners.

So STFU.

GM
Chrysler
Stimulus
tarp (Obama's 1/2)
regulations

it is really that simple

Obama is a millionaire and he got that way from being in government. I'm fed up with millionaires in the Democrat party masquerading as the common-man while they fly around in their private jets and ride around in their armored limos attending $38,000 a plate dinners.

So STFU.

He got that way from a book, but anyhoo.....

Neat thread except, Perry nwas all for Tarp.

But I'm sure that's why the parenthesis with "Obama's 1/2" is there, which is giggle worthy hacksmanship.

So STFU.

the thing is, their millionaires know how to seem like they care. Our millionaires seem to be pretty tone deaf on the matter.

To a common man, Obama's success has a populist ring. Started out from very working class origins, his grandmother worked at a bank and had to take public transportation. His parents weren't rich. And he rose to the point he rose to.

Remember when you were a kid and your parents told you anyone can grow up and be president? That's what made America better than other countries.

Perry is a guy who was brought up on a dirt farm in Texas. He can have a similar rags to riches story.

But Romney, who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, who made his money putting working folks out of jobs... that's going to be a hard sell.

Sadly, that's probably what the GOP will end up doing.

GM
Chrysler
Stimulus
tarp (Obama's 1/2)
regulations

it is really that simple

The GOP actually represents the middle class, especially small business owners, in this country. That is obvious if you look at the new governors. The Dums represent the uber wealthy on either coast and their footmen union workers and black voting bloc.
The GOP governors who were being laughed at here for low approval ratings are seeing their policies bear fruit. Florida has a higher credit rating than the United States. Wisconsin has taken a huge deficit and is turning it into a surplus. New Jersey is back from the dead.
That will play out nationally as well.

Perry will lose to Ron Paul, the later actually having appeal outside the Republican base.

Yeah. Right.
ronpaulchewbacca.jpeg

GM
Chrysler
Stimulus
tarp (Obama's 1/2)
regulations

it is really that simple

The GOP actually represents the middle class, especially small business owners, in this country. That is obvious if you look at the new governors. The Dums represent the uber wealthy on either coast and their footmen union workers and black voting bloc.
The GOP governors who were being laughed at here for low approval ratings are seeing their policies bear fruit. Florida has a higher credit rating than the United States. Wisconsin has taken a huge deficit and is turning it into a surplus. New Jersey is back from the dead.

It is really that simple

It is really that simple

That simple huh? Then why is the GOP trying to blow up SS and Medicare? Those are programs that the working and Middle Class Pay into all their lives and need it to survive when their working days are over. The whole idea of them blowing it up to "save" it is pure bullshit. My in laws are in their early 70's, have a boatload of medical problems and are now Firmly in the middle of the donut hole. They are barely scraping by and thank goodness that my wife and I are in the position to help them out when they need it.... and that's WITH Medicare and SS.

Instead of busting it up and privatizing it, we should be strengthening it. No... the GOP is not for the middle class... they are for their corporate buddies and Wall Street... both of whom want to get their grubby, greedy hands on Social Security(Wall Street) and Medicare(Insurance Companies). They won't be happy until they suck every remaining bit of wealth out of the working and Middle Class of America. After they leave us a shell of a country with next to nothing...they'll move on... I predict China... by the time they tap out the wealth of every day Americans, the Chinese working class should be ripe for the picking.

It is really that simple

That simple huh? Then why is the GOP trying to blow up SS and Medicare? Those are programs that the working and Middle Class Pay into all their lives and need it to survive when their working days are over. The whole idea of them blowing it up to "save" it is pure bullshit. My in laws are in their early 70's, have a boatload of medical problems and are now Firmly in the middle of the donut hole. They are barely scraping by and thank goodness that my wife and I are in the position to help them out when they need it.... and that's WITH Medicare and SS.

Instead of busting it up and privatizing it, we should be strengthening it. No... the GOP is not for the middle class... they are for their corporate buddies and Wall Street... both of whom want to get their grubby, greedy hands on Social Security(Wall Street) and Medicare(Insurance Companies). They won't be happy until they suck every remaining bit of wealth out of the working and Middle Class of America. After they leave us a shell of a country with next to nothing...they'll move on... I predict China... by the time they tap out the wealth of every day Americans, the Chinese working class should be ripe for the picking.

Who said that the GOP is trying to blow up anything?
not for the middle class? let us review tax table 2000 ves 2004 @ 50,000 and 75, a year

50,050 50,100 10,609 8,321 11,171 9,452
75,000 75,050 17,939 15,307 18,818 16,438
this would 2000

50,000 50,050 9,244 6,789 9,244 8,106
75,000 75,050 15,634 12,231 15,986 14,356
This would be 2004

ow who is it for the working class?
http://www.unclefed.com/IRS-Forms/taxtables/2004_i1040tt.pdf

Perry has massive problems he has to overcome first before he even remotely can challenge Obama.

He for one has never debated anyone. During his election campaigns for governor there was no debates. He cant avoid that this time around. And he sounds like Bush.. I mean literally...

He also has a "left wing" past to contend with. His support for Al Gore is a funny one along with the amount of flip flops on policy that make Kerry look like a straight eagle. He also has his own "he was for it before he was against it" issues.

He also has corruption issues which will come even more out into the open once he is the candidate. That he has earned a pretty penny in the real estate market by buying land cheaply from rich donors/friends and selling them for profit is highly suspect...He is a known player, much like Bush, of the policy "scratch my back and I will scratch your back"

He also has factual issues with his record and his policies. He "balanced" the budget with stimulus money he was against. He claims to have made a ton of jobs in Texas but forgets to mention that a majority of those jobs were government jobs and that most of the remaining were minimum wage jobs from other states. His handling of the wild fires in Texas is another potential problem since he complained over lack of federal help (even though he got it) and then turned around and cut the fire fighting budget to the bone so he could balance his budget.... and then there is the whole balanced budget bullshit in Texas... smoke and mirrors. There are many issues with his record that never have been really vetted in Texas because the GOP controls the state fully thanks to political gerrymandering of districts by Tom Delay and... Rick Perry back in 2003..... gerrymandering that made him pretty much persona non grata in his home town as they lost their representation.

Then there is his pandering to the religious right and his "rallies to show he is not a mormon".

And then there is the big dark secret he has been fighting off for decades and never has been able to shrug off....the dark secret that will make his religious right friends run away screaming.

Now he does have Fox News behind him for now, and unless the other media out lets expose him for who he is, then his only chance is to bury his "issues" in a lot of fluffy and smoke and mirrors ... but if that dark secret comes out then all bets are off and I doubt Fox News will stand by him.

Last edited:
Perry has massive problems he has to overcome first before he even remotely can challenge Obama.

He for one has never debated anyone. During his election campaigns for governor there was no debates. He cant avoid that this time around. And he sounds like Bush.. I mean literally...

He also has a "left wing" past to contend with. His support for Al Gore is a funny one along with the amount of flip flops on policy that make Kerry look like a straight eagle. He also has his own "he was for it before he was against it" issues.

He also has corruption issues which will come even more out into the open once he is the candidate. That he has earned a pretty penny in the real estate market by buying land cheaply from rich donors/friends and selling them for profit is highly suspect...He is a known player, much like Bush, of the policy "scratch my back and I will scratch your back"

He also has factual issues with his record and his policies. He "balanced" the budget with stimulus money he was against. He claims to have made a ton of jobs in Texas but forgets to mention that a majority of those jobs were government jobs and that most of the remaining were minimum wage jobs from other states. His handling of the wild fires in Texas is another potential problem since he complained over lack of federal help (even though he got it) and then turned around and cut the fire fighting budget to the bone so he could balance his budget.... and then there is the whole balanced budget bullshit in Texas... smoke and mirrors. There are many issues with his record that never have been really vetted in Texas because the GOP controls the state fully thanks to political gerrymandering of districts by Tom Delay and... Rick Perry back in 2003..... gerrymandering that made him pretty much persona non grata in his home town as they lost their representation.

Then there is his pandering to the religious right and his "rallies to show he is not a mormon".

And then there is the big dark secret he has been fighting off for decades and never has been able to shrug off....the dark secret that will make his religious right friends run away screaming.

Now he does have Fox News behind him for now, and unless the other media out lets expose him for who he is, then his only chance is to bury his "issues" in a lot of fluffy and smoke and mirrors ... but if that dark secret comes out then all bets are off and I doubt Fox News will stand by him.

I respect your opinions

To start with Obama is done. Its just a matter of who is it going to beat him
Romney? maybe

The thing Perry has is jobs
over the last 10 years and the last 3

He did not balance the budget with stimulus money, where did you read that crap?
Politico did there bes to spin it, my god how bad is this?
he fund is fed almost exclusively by oil and natural-gas production taxes; revenue above a certain level is automatically diverted to it. That revenue soared during the past decade, allowing billions to accumulate.

So the state now has billions in reserve.

But a healthy rainy day fund doesn’t always mean there’s a surplus built to last.
he fund is fed almost exclusively by oil and natural-gas production taxes; revenue above a certain level is automatically diverted to it. That revenue soared during the past decade, allowing billions to accumulate.

But a healthy rainy day fund doesn’t always mean there’s a surplus built to last.

PolitiFact Texas | Perry says Texas has a surplus in billions

Yes the Majority of his surplus in jobs came from the got sector, that no where near makes up for the private sector jobs Obama's policies on pipeline work, Refinery work, off shore drilling as well as Shale oil production

and just to add, Perry has some great choices for VP, if he takes marco rubio or paul ryan, we are talking landslide!!!

Forum List

Back