Why Our Political Class is Stuck in Terminal Failure Mode

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
For how many decades have we had a War on Poverty? A War on Drugs? A War on Pollution? A War on Terrorism? A War on...well you name the latest failure.

Why does this happen with unerring predictability? The political class declares war on something as if it is to mimic the war on the Germans, Italians and Japanese from WW2 but no one buys that bullshit any more.

When our Political Class "declares war" all that means is that it will now become a perpetual problem. Some will even rise up in the name of free speech to declare that they oppose the proposed solutions, and many are correct to do so. BECAUSE THE "WAR" IS A SOURCE OF GRAFT AND POLITICAL PATRONAGE AND NOTHING MORE.

That is why they "declare war" to make sure we understand it wont be fixed and will be an endless morass of funding, political waving of the bloody shirt for votes, BUT ONE THING WE ALL KNOW FOR CERTAIN; IT WILL NOT EVER BE FIXED.

Lets take the "War on Cancer": as an example. There have been half a dozen effective treatments for cancer in the pipeline for years now and the FDA drags its feet while tens of thousands die waiting for their cure.

Cancer cell therapies could be approved next year: Juno, Kite Pharma

Scientists find key to 'turbo-charging' immune system to kill all cancers

‘This is it’: the cancer treatment that has doctors talking about a cure

But our government, run by Big Pharma, doesnt want no fucking cure, as that would cost them billions in profits.

Guest Post: The Big Business Of Cancer - 100 Billion Dollars Was Spent On Cancer Drugs Last Year Alone | Zero Hedge

And these corporations OWN our Politicians, so the FDA is putting all of it on the slow track for approval, with each year expectations of eminent release of a cure frustrated and thousands die waiting for a cure THAT ALREADY EXISTS.

25,450 Americans will die this year waiting for cancer drugs that could treat them

Our Political Class has engineered our government to PERPETUALLY FAIL at solving ANYTHING as their corporate masters rush in to bleed the issue dry of any and all funding the government spends to supposedly "fix" the issue.

Well, it is "fixed" all right, "fixed" to give the corporations endless funding, our politicians endless streams of votes and donations, and the rest of us get endlessly fucked as we watch our children die of curable diseases, our elderly and veterans neglected in a broken social support system that stopped working right 40 years ago, and our nation is submerged in growing debt of of all kinds (fiscal, national, trade and private debt).

It is way past time to change the fucking batter; sit "Mighty Casey" down and lets try some folks from outside our Political Class who have had to make things WORK or they go out of business.

It is way past time we put a successful businessman like Donald J Trump in the White House so we can break this system of perpetual failure and start making things work in America again.

I don't know if Trump is the answer, but he is far better than the pantsuit to stop this perpetual corruption by our central government and big donors and corporations.

War is ALWAYS the health of the State...no matter if it is a shooting war or something else.

If only all Americans would realize this.

I don't know if Trump is the answer, but he is far better than the pantsuit to stop this perpetual corruption by our central government and big donors and corporations.

War is ALWAYS the health of the State...no matter if it is a shooting war or something else.

I am very confused by people who portray Trump as some sort of savior from corporate greed. He is the poster child of corporate greed. Did he not talk about (crow even) how his political donations are pay-for-play? Are you not aware of his stiffing contractors who have had to sue to get paid? When he brags of his immense wealth, do you think he dug ditches and saved his paychecks to get it? We once had an effort by McCain-Feingold to limit campaign finance that flopped in Congress, and then we had Rove's Citizen's United claiming that money is speech giving legality to the "perpetual corruption by our central government and big donors and corporations". Which candidate claims to work to for repeal of Citizen's United? I think it ain't Trump, who uses other people's money for everything he does. He understands the perpetual corruption system of which you speak, and he uses it well. As for war being the health of the state, if that is so I suspect Trump would keep our state in the peak of health, especially if getting the finger is the basis for the mass murders known as war.

I am very confused by people who portray Trump as some sort of savior from corporate greed. He is the poster child of corporate greed. Did he not talk about (crow even) how his political donations are pay-for-play? Are you not aware of his stiffing contractors who have had to sue to get paid? When he brags of his immense wealth, do you think he dug ditches and saved his paychecks to get it? We once had an effort by McCain-Feingold to limit campaign finance that flopped in Congress, and then we had Rove's Citizen's United claiming that money is speech giving legality to the "perpetual corruption by our central government and big donors and corporations". Which candidate claims to work to for repeal of Citizen's United? I think it ain't Trump, who uses other people's money for everything he does. He understands the perpetual corruption system of which you speak, and he uses it well. As for war being the health of the state, if that is so I suspect Trump would keep our state in the peak of health, especially if getting the finger is the basis for the mass murders known as war.
No, he did not.

And with your nonsense in mind, you vote to perpetuate the Professional Political Class' grip on the White House?

roflmao

If Trump is the poster child for corporate greed, what does that make Hillary?

You must be able to think logically and objectively...which I suspect you can't. Hillary is the paragon of corporate greed, but you are blind to that truth.

No, he did not.

And with your nonsense in mind, you vote to perpetuate the Professional Political Class' grip on the White House?

roflmao
No he did not..what? talk about pay for play? stiff contractors? Use Foundation money to contribute to a political campaign? keep silence about current state of 'free speech' money to campaigns? Say he would blow ships that disrespect our superiority our of the water? 'splain, please.

corporations OWN our Politicians
Rather than putting the fox in charge of the hen house why don't we undo Citizens United and forbid corporate involvement in politics?
Trump being the equivalent of the corporate fox?

Bullshit, dude, the corporations are bankrolling HILLARY NOT TRUMP.

Get a fucking brain.
Who is campaigning on undoing Citizens United? Hint: it ain't the dude who never explains his flip-flops.

No, he did not.

roflmao
No he did not..what? talk about pay for play? stiff contractors? Use Foundation money to contribute to a political campaign? keep silence about current state of 'free speech' money to campaigns? Say he would blow ships that disrespect our superiority our of the water? 'splain, please.
Stop believing lies from the anti-Trump media. You are being duped...again.

You are pissed off by what you think Trump has done, but 30 fucking years of lies and corruption by Hillary you dutifully ignore.

Do you people think?

corporations OWN our Politicians
Rather than putting the fox in charge of the hen house why don't we undo Citizens United and forbid corporate involvement in politics?
Trump being the equivalent of the corporate fox?

Bullshit, dude, the corporations are bankrolling HILLARY NOT TRUMP.

Get a fucking brain.
Doing some research into donors to each campaign I noticed something that struck me as representing what is wrong with our election rules. A company named Renaissance Technologies gave $15,510,800 to Trump and $9,521,500 to Clinton. What do they expect for their investments?

No, he did not.

roflmao

You are pissed off by what you think Trump has done, but 30 fucking years of lies and corruption by Hillary you dutifully ignore.

Do you people think?
You keep bringing up the '30 years of lies and corruption' without citing a single actionable example, and ignore 30 freaking years of lies and corruption by Trump, simply because he hasn't been the subject of a 30 year witch hunt. For example, did Hillary ever file for bankruptcy stiffing to the point of ruin people and businesses while he recovers and goes on to do it all over again.

No, he did not.

roflmao

Do you people think?
You keep bringing up the '30 years of lies and corruption' without citing a single actionable example, and ignore 30 freaking years of lies and corruption by Trump, simply because he hasn't been the subject of a 30 year witch hunt. For example, did Hillary ever file for bankruptcy stiffing to the point of ruin people and businesses while he recovers and goes on to do it all over again.
See? Now that is exactly what I am talking about.

You ignore 30 years of evidence.

Are you a paid poster for the DNC or Soros? I mean that would be the only thing other than out right ignorance, that could explain you posts.

No, he did not.

roflmao

Do you people think?

Are you a paid poster for the DNC or Soros? I mean that would be the only thing other than out right ignorance, that could explain you posts.
What evidence? 30 years of innuendo and rumor and downright hatred, but what evidence? Sure hope you never get called to jury duty.

No, he did not.

roflmao

Do you people think?

What evidence? 30 years of innuendo and rumor and downright hatred, but what evidence? Sure hope you never get called to jury duty.
You really can't be this delusional...

....or can you ?

Do you people think?

....or can you ?
Gipper, lets face it! We each think the other is delusional. But we can at least disagree with civility. No matter who wins, we are going to live here together.

....or can you ?
Bullshittle can believe the cover stories the Clintons use because he makes $100,000 each year with only a $1000 investment all the time.

He has people dropping dead all around him and just cant get away from the death cloud that follows him everywhere, and all the bimbos that come along saying he raped them are just countless.

/sarc

:lmao:

upload_2016-9-19_13-2-11.png

This thread is getting derailed from the main topic and that is how our P:rofessional Political Class turns every problem into a perpetual failure, never fixing anything but only preventing repair as they and their corporate donors enrich themslves with the peoples suffering.

Here is a quote from the article on so many people dying from cancer each year and the FDA PRFEVENTS THEM FOR GETTING INJTO TRIALS for cancer drugs.

25,450 Americans will die this year waiting for cancer drugs that could treat them
When you have a terminal illness and all else has failed, shouldn’t you be free to enroll in a medical trial of a promising new drug? This isn’t a distant hypothetical, but a serious predicament that faces thousands of Americans every year.

In a recently published book, The Right to Try, Darcy Olsen, president of the Goldwater Institute, addresses the battle faced by the terminally ill who apply to enter drug trials but are turned down. Olsen has worked to introduce “right-to-try” laws across the United States. So far, the bills have been approved in 24 states since 2014—with a collective vote record of 3,045 state lawmakers in favor and only 26 against.

The problem is as follows: The average length of a trial has increased by 70% from the 1990s to the mid-2000s, and it can now take 15 years for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to approve a new medicine. This means that treatments that doctors recognize as highly effective often have to spend further months or years wading through bureaucratic hurdles. The FDA has a “compassionate use” exemption for medical trials, but the qualifying process is extremely onerous, with a prohibitive list of criteria. Some 40% of cancer patients try to enroll in clinical trials every year, writes Olsen, but only 3% succeed.

For fucks sake how do these idiots justify protecting a dying cancer patient from trying an experimental drug that might cure them of their cancer?

Well they dont have to justify it. They put these new treatments on the slow track and our politicians do nothing to fix the problem so that medical insurers can avoid paying for those new drugs and the makers of current drugs that are less effective can continue to reap massive profits when they should be out of business if they cant compete with better products.

Tens of thousands of Americans each year are dying due to corporate corruption of our government, and the Professional Political Class does absolutely NOTHING effectively to improve the problem, let alone fix it.

This should OUTRAGE any thinking person, which of course leaves out the partisan hacks and zealots.

ANY candidate that is not a career politician is an improvement over the political drones we have today. ANYONE can do a better job if they have basic honesty which the Professional Political Class is allergic to.

And this same principle applies to every issue that is killing American citizens, leaving them to rot to death or just making their lives fucking miserable.

IT is time to CHANGE THE BATTER. Bring in new blood from the ranks of the nonpolitical successes out there who can address these problems and not leave them to the profit-focused "Wars" that only perpetuate our problems.

We actually have a class of professional politicians, who do nothing other than serve in government and run for office ASAP, whop do not think in terms of fixing problems but only in managing the problems. This causes the problems to be made perpetual and a cash cow for corporations to milk for maximum profits and debt for the rest of us.

IF we truly had a class of politicians that had any regard for human life and the rights of citizens on our country, they would tell the FDA, for example, to increase the percentage of people approved for cancer studies if terminally ill, from 3% to nearly all that want to participate.

They would expedite new drugs that can save lives instead of putting them on a 15 year slow track when it is supposed to only require 7 years to test and approve, especially with regard to drugs that treat life stealing diseases like cancer.

Europe only takes about 2 years to test and approve new drugs. They are our only source of new antibiotics because the FDA is so fucking slow. The FDA is supposed to take 7 years not 15 to test and approve these drugs.

Why dont our politicians tell them to fast track more of these things?

Their corporate sponsors dont want to lose profits they make on current drugs already on the market even if they dont work as well as new drugs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back