Why No Security? Because the DC Mayor followed BLM-inspired demands

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
It turns out the DC mayor refused offers for additional security because of the demands made by BLM during the riots this past year. They consistently said that the heavy police presence only incited violence.

So, she avoided this to try to calm things.

It looks like BLM, the left, and the mayor, were very stupid to try this. A strong police presence for high-tension situations should always be applied.

Last edited by a moderator:
It turns out the DC mayor refused offers for additional security because of the demands made by BLM during the riots this past year. They consistently said that the heavy police presence only incited violence.

It looks like BLM, the left, and the mayor, were very stupid to try this. A strong police presence for high-tension situations should always be applied.
The mayor has no control over the Capitol police.

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser told federal law enforcement to stand down just one day before a mob of Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, smashing windows, entering the chambers, and forcing lawmakers and congressional staff inside into lockdown.

“To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD if such plans are underway,” Bowser wrote in a letter to acting U.S. Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller, and Secretary of the Army Ryan D. McCarthy.

Then why would she write such a commanding memo? Sounds to me like she has quite a bit of control.

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser told federal law enforcement to stand down just one day before a mob of Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, smashing windows, entering the chambers, and forcing lawmakers and congressional staff inside into lockdown.

“To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD if such plans are underway,” Bowser wrote in a letter to acting U.S. Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller, and Secretary of the Army Ryan D. McCarthy.

Then why would she write such a commanding memo? Sounds to me like she has quite a bit of control.

The Capitol police do not answer to her. No such order was given. No such order was followed.

Someone did screw up royally...but it doesn't remotely resemble what you're describing.

The Capitol police do not answer to her. No such order was given. No such order was followed.

No such order was given? So those emails and orders by the DC mayor never happened?

Can you prove the DC mayor has absolutely no say in security of the city? That is a really dumb thing to cling to. Any mayor has plenty of say in big situations in their city.

oh good god. . . when you have videos of the police removing the barricade and letting them in and then opening doors for them and doing selfies in the hallways, you know they're full of shit.

but 4 people still died for their shitshow.

Someone did screw up royally...but it doesn't remotely resemble what you're describing.
Capital police chief has already resigned and admitted he underestimated the threat.

oh good god. . . when you have videos of the police removing the barricade and letting them in and then opening doors for them and doing selfies in the hallways, you know they're full of shit.

Compared to police being removed and pulled back during the BLM riots, this is a strong police presence. Let me say that again... Police were removed from protecting cities across the nation, and rioters were free to assault civilians and their places of livelihood. Entire cities were shut down for weeks with crippling curfews.

Let that sink in.

And, 40+ died from BLM riots. It's a really dumb game to just stand on graves, no matter who does it. I challenge you to increase your intelligence in these discussions.

She knew that professional antifa had infiltrated and was going to breach the capitol. It was planned to blame Trump. That's why the police moved the barricades. Once antifa made it in, the police now armed with live rounds was free to shoot. Why would the police have bullets this time when in other riots, bloody ones, they had rubber bullets and bean bags?

This was all planned beforehand.

No such order was given? So those emails and orders by the DC mayor never happened?

Can you prove the DC mayor has absolutely no say in security of the city? That is a really dumb thing to cling to. Any mayor has plenty of say in big situations in their city.

They might have happened. At work, do you take orders from anyone who sends you an e-mail?

Capital police chief has already resigned and admitted he underestimated the threat.
Gargantuan screw-up. It wasn't because the mayor of DC was calling the shots though.

They might have happened. At work, do you take orders from anyone who sends you an e-mail?

If it's from the boss of the company.. yes.

You wouldn't? LMAO

This is silliness you're clinging to. I don't think this is the hill you want to stand on.

If it's from the boss of the company.. yes.

You wouldn't? LMAO

This is silliness you're clinging to. I don't think this is the hill you want to stand on.

Again, the boss of the Capitol Police isn't the mayor of DC.

And who does the police chief answer to?

Probably a few people, including the mayor.

Ding ding..
Nope. Independent organization.

Executive Team
The Chief of Police is responsible for administering the Department in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and ensuring that organizational objectives are met. The Chief reports directly to the Capitol Police Board and is assisted in the management of the Department by the Assistant Chiefs of Police and the Chief Administrative Officer. These leaders collectively are recognized as the United States Capitol Police Executive Team, the highest-level management team within the Department.

Compared to police being removed and pulled back during the BLM riots, this is a strong police presence. Let me say that again... Police were removed from protecting cities across the nation, and rioters were free to assault civilians and their places of livelihood. Entire cities were shut down for weeks with crippling curfews.

Let that sink in.

And, 40+ died from BLM riots. It's a really dumb game to just stand on graves, no matter who does it. I challenge you to increase your intelligence in these discussions.
i challenge you to pay fucking attention.

for the 4 - i am referring ONLY TO the "storming of the castle" as the left would have you believe. my entire discussion was ONLY about "said storming".

if you wish to bring more into the conversation, fantastic, lets play. but if you're going to question my intelligence, you need to show a bit first.

Gargantuan screw-up. It wasn't because the mayor of DC was calling the shots though.
A screw up that started long before the day of the insurrection.

She explained this in a news conference yesterday. The city's authority ends at any federal establishment. All she can do is offer. They turned her down...multiple times.

Nope. Independent organization.

Executive Team
The Chief of Police is responsible for administering the Department in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and ensuring that organizational objectives are met. The Chief reports directly to the Capitol Police Board and is assisted in the management of the Department by the Assistant Chiefs of Police and the Chief Administrative Officer. These leaders collectively are recognized as the United States Capitol Police Executive Team, the highest-level management team within the Department.

Wait, so the Mayor can call in the national guard, as she did many days before this (but then refused them), yet, she has no say in city security.

By examples, you're wrong. You're trying to narrow things because you're on defense. It's like saying an employee only reports to a department head, and saying the CEO has no say. You have to either be purposely obtuse because you have to defend a position, or have no wisdom and experience in society. I want to cut you slack. It's okay, the mayor F'd up along with the police chief, you can say it.

Forum List

Back