Why No Security? Because the DC Mayor followed BLM-inspired demands

I don't have to.
Hey, I know you think you can spout BS with no proof. However, in debate, that's just illogical, dishonest rhetoric. So, I know you FEEL that way, but to outsiders and objective observers, they'll laugh at you.
"And after this, we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down ... to the Capitol and we are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women," Trump told the crowd. "And we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

Again, point to where he called for any violence or insurrection.

1...2...3.. Go!

I just did. Now battle off back to your alt-right hidey hole.

Sure didn't. If "walking down" to a state building to protest is a call to an insurrection, then the million man march was a call to insurrection.

See how stupid that is?

Meanwhile, I denounce my extremists. The left does not. I invite you to increase your morality, and denounce all violence. Don't support violence.

It turns out the DC mayor refused offers for additional security because of the demands made by BLM during the riots this past year. They consistently said that the heavy police presence only incited violence.

So, she avoided this to try to calm things.

It looks like BLM, the left, and the mayor, were very stupid to try this. A strong police presence for high-tension situations should always be applied.
The mayor has no control over the Capitol police.
Ain't nobody going to follow that shit politician during the worst of times. Her own neighborhoods don't. Its the same result in the city after city after city. Its bullshitatopia! We are talking surviving now.

It turns out the DC mayor refused offers for additional security because of the demands made by BLM during the riots this past year. They consistently said that the heavy police presence only incited violence.

It looks like BLM, the left, and the mayor, were very stupid to try this. A strong police presence for high-tension situations should always be applied.

She explained this in a news conference yesterday. The city's authority ends at any federal establishment. All she can do is offer. They turned her down...multiple times.

So then how was she able to call in the national guard?

Also.. gosh, a politician who seems to have F'd up royally is saying that she's not responsible. Hey, let's just listen to them, right? LMAO. You are free to take politicians at face value, I do not. If we did, you'd have no reason to question Trump, because he says he didn't do anything wrong. That's a really dumb way to view politics, I'd advise you change your standards.
She didn't.

Apparently it was Pence who called the guard.

And now that one officer has died of his injuries at the hands of this mob, and others remain hospitalized, it's impossible NOT to make comparisons between the event and the way the BLM protestors were handled this summer. I just don't know what to even think right now, it seems so impossible.

It's absolutely possible, as the behavior is exactly the same. The difference is, you only denounce some of the violence, I denounce it all. I challenge you to increase your morality, and don't allow your hatred to prevent empathy for victims that you oppose. Feel compassion for all victims, and oppose all monsters.

What makes you think you know me enough to make that claim?

I denounce all violence. I totally support 100% anyone's right to peacefully protest. That right stops when violence begins. Most people here, on both sides, from what I read, echo the same. I do not know about you. You haven't been here very long. I have no idea what your viewpoint is other than claiming to know what others think here.

In terms of empathy, our nation's capital was attacked, seized, invaded, vandalized and ransacked in an effort to stop the electoral process. Do you understand the significance of that? Yet, compared to the protests in DC this summer, which were largely peaceful, security for the capital on this day was horrendously inadequate compared to what was provided this summer, despite knowledge that crowds in the thousands were expected, that violence was expected (and in fact detailed over the social media many of the leaders of this movement participated in) ... WHY? Any thoughts on why the two events were handled so differently?

Here is another WHY. Why did it take three hours before extra help was finally gotten? Thoughts? The DC Mayor has no jurisdictional control on the capital grounds itself - that is the Capital Police. The DC Mayor does, however, have jurisdictional control over the areas outside that...and she made a request for the National Guard's mandate to be expanded to include the capital. That request was denied. WHY?

This has nothing to do with "hatred" of anyone, not sure what hole you pulled that from. There was more police and guard presence quelling the protests this summer, and far more force and effectiveness clearing the way for an impromptu presidential bible holding photo op than there was in protecting our capital and members of Congress a couple days ago. Can you possibly explain that?

Trump's behavior is criminal. There is just no excuse. And he is, predictably, still lying. Lying about sending help (he did nothing, help was 3 hours late, and it was Pence who did it all)...after telling his mob he "loves them" and how they are "patriots" he is now throwing them under the bus. What are the American people supposed to make of this?

If raising the temperature is criminal, then warm the handcuffs up for Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, etc... who all fired up their base by saying Trump "stole" the 2016 election and is an "illegitimate" president, who terrorized the black population to believe they were being massively exterminated when data proves that is monumentally incorrect, who all called the police are racist which led to officers being hunted and killed, who called the Republicans "murderers" which led to a GOP softball game being shot up.

You are opening a pandora's box. And I'd guess you're doing it because it's politically expedient at this very moment. But, when this loose standard is applied to others, you'll realize how stupid it is.

I think it's time to CUT LOOSE the B.S. about how "it's all the same". It isn't.

You can argue until hell freezes over, but when a lawless mob attacks our nation's capital, you have NO comparison. NONE. The last time the capital was attacked was the War of 1812 over 200 years ago.

Time to quit the false equivalencies and wake up and realize we are ALL Americans and this is OUR most sacred symbol of our form of government that was attacked.

......and then suddenly Democrats are against protests and support police shootings and support building a wall around the Capital to protect themselves....
ironyoverload.gif

Sure didn't. If "walking down" to a state building to protest is a call to an insurrection, then the million man march was a call to insurrection.

See how stupid that is?

Meanwhile, I denounce my extremists. The left does not. I invite you to increase your morality, and denounce all violence. Don't support violence.

Stop deflecting and rationalizing. As I recall, none of the protests over the last 8 months or so involved the attempted overthrow of the United States government. I don't remember anyone attempting to storm the Capitol to try and interfere with a Constitutional process aimed at overturning a free and fair election. What happened on Wednesday was insurrection. Sedition and treason. End of story. If those had been protesters for social justice you would have been removing bodies for hours and cleaning up blood for days.

And now that one officer has died of his injuries at the hands of this mob, and others remain hospitalized, it's impossible NOT to make comparisons between the event and the way the BLM protestors were handled this summer. I just don't know what to even think right now, it seems so impossible.
It's absolutely possible, as the behavior is exactly the same. The difference is, you only denounce some of the violence, I denounce it all. I challenge you to increase your morality, and don't allow your hatred to prevent empathy for victims that you oppose. Feel compassion for all victims, and oppose all monsters.
Trump's behavior is criminal. There is just no excuse. And he is, predictably, still lying. Lying about sending help (he did nothing, help was 3 hours late, and it was Pence who did it all)...after telling his mob he "loves them" and how they are "patriots" he is now throwing them under the bus. What are the American people supposed to make of this?

If raising the temperature is criminal, then warm the handcuffs up for Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, etc... who all fired up their base by saying Trump "stole" the 2016 election and is an "illegitimate" president, who terrorized the black population to believe they were being massively exterminated when data proves that is monumentally incorrect, who all called the police are racist which led to officers being hunted and killed, who called the Republicans "murderers" which led to a GOP softball game being shot up.

You are opening a pandora's box. And I'd guess you're doing it because it's politically expedient at this very moment. But, when this loose standard is applied to others, you'll realize how stupid it is.
coyote and i have gone into some nasty conversations on this. i've said the same thing about pandoras box because if you say "one side is justfied in their violence" what you are really saying is "violence is justified"

you can't pick and choose which side can use which tactics. not in a free and open society where we're all supposed to be bound to the same laws. when you give one side rights you don't allow the other, you become judging who's morality is correct.

and that never ends well.

if you want to have room to move, you must give it. we've lost sight of that and here we are today in a "if i don't get what i want you are a nazi" 3 year old mentality.

and was in league with the insurrection

You can't prove that whatsoever. His words denounce them. Stop lying.

Does the riot happen if Trump conceded like every other loser of presidential elections?
how come you and your side never has to give up what you believe is wrong but the other side must because they are "nazi" and shit?

it's amazing to me people don't see how fucking 2 year old that mindset it.

She explained this in a news conference yesterday. The city's authority ends at any federal establishment. All she can do is offer. They turned her down...multiple times.

So then how was she able to call in the national guard?

Also.. gosh, a politician who seems to have F'd up royally is saying that she's not responsible. Hey, let's just listen to them, right? LMAO. You are free to take politicians at face value, I do not. If we did, you'd have no reason to question Trump, because he says he didn't do anything wrong. That's a really dumb way to view politics, I'd advise you change your standards.
She didn't.

Apparently it was Pence who called the guard.

The DC Mayor had been asking for Federal protection for Jan 6 since late December.

Capitol police refused to accept it and the Executive did nothing until Pence belatedly nd possibly illegally( because the legality of a VP calling for that action while the Prez is still "functional" is unclear) called for it. Maryland quickly responded.

Both the Senate Sgt at Arms and the Capitol Police Chief have resigned. Investigations are on going

Last edited:
and was in league with the insurrection

You can't prove that whatsoever. His words denounce them. Stop lying.

Does the riot happen if Trump conceded like every other loser of presidential elections?
how come you and your side never has to give up what you believe is wrong but the other side must because they are "nazi" and shit?

it's amazing to me people don't see how fucking 2 year old that mindset it.

Its amazing that you can't answer a direct question:

Ain't nobody going to follow that shit politician during the worst of times. Her own neighborhoods don't. Its the same result in the city after city after city. Its bullshitatopia! We are talking surviving now.

The mayor of DC has no control over the capitol police.

coyote and i have gone into some nasty conversations on this. i've said the same thing about pandoras box because if you say "one side is justfied in their violence" what you are really saying is "violence is justified"

you can't pick and choose which side can use which tactics. not in a free and open society where we're all supposed to be bound to the same laws. when you give one side rights you don't allow the other, you become judging who's morality is correct.

if you want to have room to move, you must give it. we've lost sight of that and here we are today in a "if i don't get what i want you are a nazi" 3 year old mentality.

I hear you on this Iceberg, but sometimes equivalencies have to stop, because they just aren't equivalent, and this is one time that is so.

This mob does not represent all Trump supporters or even most (just like Antifa does not represent all leftists or even most) but it does represent a significant dangerous fringe that crossed a line. None of the unrest over the past decade compares.

It was an attempt to over throw our electoral process and frankly, our entire form of government and the foundations upon which it was based.

There are a few events in my life, that left me feeling surreal and sick to my stomach. The bombing of the Edward R Murrow building in OKC, the midair explosion of Challenger, 9/11...and now January 6, 2021. I will never forget this.

It's not partisan, it shouldn't be - Republicans and Democrats, left and right were horrified. It's an attack on all Americans. And honestly, I was crying.

Link, or did you just pull that outta yer ass?

Cap Police also refused help from the Feds. Could that denial have come from Donald because he wanted his goons to succeed?

This wasn't an intelligence failure - It was political malpractice of the worst kind. Literally everyone who was paying attention predicted this.

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser told federal law enforcement to stand down just one day before a mob of Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, smashing windows, entering the chambers, and forcing lawmakers and congressional staff inside into lockdown.

“To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD if such plans are underway,” Bowser wrote in a letter to acting U.S. Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller, and Secretary of the Army Ryan D. McCarthy.

Then why would she write such a commanding memo? Sounds to me like she has quite a bit of control.

The Federalist? :laugh:

• Overall, we rate The Federalist a borderline Questionable and far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of pseudoscience and several failed fact checks.

I hear you on this Iceberg, but sometimes equivalencies have to stop, because they just aren't equivalent, and this is one time that is so.

This mob does not represent all Trump supporters or even most (just like Antifa does not represent all leftists or even most) but it does represent a significant dangerous fringe that crossed a line. None of the unrest over the past decade compares.

It was an attempt to over throw our electoral process and frankly, our entire form of government and the foundations upon which it was based.

There are a few events in my life, that left me feeling surreal and sick to my stomach. The bombing of the Edward R Murrow building in OKC, the midair explosion of Challenger, 9/11...and now January 6, 2021. I will never forget this.

It's not partisan, it shouldn't be - Republicans and Democrats, left and right were horrified. It's an attack on all Americans. And honestly, I was crying.

I cried right after I managed to wire my jaw back together.

Link, or did you just pull that outta yer ass?

Cap Police also refused help from the Feds. Could that denial have come from Donald because he wanted his goons to succeed?

This wasn't an intelligence failure - It was political malpractice of the worst kind. Literally everyone who was paying attention predicted this.

The Capitol Police Idiots in Charge stupidly assumed that the protest would be peaceful and made no plans to deal with it if they were wrong.

They were woefully wrong and have since resigned. As of now there is no indication that those stupid decisions were influenced by the White House

Americans taking over capitol building was awesome. This is the spirit the nation was founded in. We need a lot more of it, trees of liberty are very hungry.

The cop murdering the woman, not so awesome.

Forum List

Back