Why No Security? Because the DC Mayor followed BLM-inspired demands

It turns out the DC mayor refused offers for additional security because of the demands made by BLM during the riots this past year. They consistently said that the heavy police presence only incited violence.

So, she avoided this to try to calm things.

It looks like BLM, the left, and the mayor, were very stupid to try this. A strong police presence for high-tension situations should always be applied.
Or they plotted to try cause chaos that they could then try to use smear trump and distract from their other crimes.

It turns out the DC mayor refused offers for additional security because of the demands made by BLM during the riots this past year. They consistently said that the heavy police presence only incited violence.

It looks like BLM, the left, and the mayor, were very stupid to try this. A strong police presence for high-tension situations should always be applied.

She explained this in a news conference yesterday. The city's authority ends at any federal establishment. All she can do is offer. They turned her down...multiple times.

So then how was she able to call in the national guard?

Also.. gosh, a politician who seems to have F'd up royally is saying that she's not responsible. Hey, let's just listen to them, right? LMAO. You are free to take politicians at face value, I do not. If we did, you'd have no reason to question Trump, because he says he didn't do anything wrong. That's a really dumb way to view politics, I'd advise you change your standards.

The mayor has no control over the Capitol police.

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser told federal law enforcement to stand down just one day before a mob of Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, smashing windows, entering the chambers, and forcing lawmakers and congressional staff inside into lockdown.

“To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD if such plans are underway,” Bowser wrote in a letter to acting U.S. Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller, and Secretary of the Army Ryan D. McCarthy.

Then why would she write such a commanding memo? Sounds to me like she has quite a bit of control.
The Democrat Cultist always ignore the facts

Or they plotted to try cause chaos that they could then try to use smear trump and distract from their other crimes.

You're way down the rabbit hole on that one bud. Big claims require big evidence. Unless you have memos revealing a plan, I'd take the tinfoil hat off. Deal with what you know, not what you theorize. Better yet, you can theorize, but admit you can't prove it. Making such an admission is intellectually honest, thus you're light years ahead of the left.

Nope. Independent organization.

Executive Team
The Chief of Police is responsible for administering the Department in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and ensuring that organizational objectives are met. The Chief reports directly to the Capitol Police Board and is assisted in the management of the Department by the Assistant Chiefs of Police and the Chief Administrative Officer. These leaders collectively are recognized as the United States Capitol Police Executive Team, the highest-level management team within the Department.

Wait, so the Mayor can call in the national guard, as she did many days before this (but then refused them), yet, she has no say in city security.

By examples, you're wrong. You're trying to narrow things because you're on defense. It's like saying an employee only reports to a department head, and saying the CEO has no say. You have to either be purposely obtuse because you have to defend a position, or have no wisdom and experience in society. I want to cut you slack. It's okay, the mayor F'd up along with the police chief, you can say it.
Capitol police is an independent organization, DC has its own police force.

Come on, kid. They've only been talking about this on the news for 3 days straight now.

Come on, kid. They've only been talking about this on the news for 3 days straight now.

Well if the news says it, it must be true LOL. After turning on the TV and seeing blatant, provable lies being spouted about this nonstop, I have enough reason to believe the mainstream media as you do to believe Alex Jones.

I'd advise you to leave the echo chamber. She sent the memos, she's the boss of the city. If you think that means nothing.. well.. you're just a partisan defending your position on defense. AKA.. *yawn*

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser told federal law enforcement to stand down just one day before a mob of Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, smashing windows, entering the chambers, and forcing lawmakers and congressional staff inside into lockdown.

“To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD if such plans are underway,” Bowser wrote in a letter to acting U.S. Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller, and Secretary of the Army Ryan D. McCarthy.

Then why would she write such a commanding memo? Sounds to me like she has quite a bit of control.

The Capitol police do not answer to her. No such order was given. No such order was followed.

Someone did screw up royally...but it doesn't remotely resemble what you're describing.

And it gets worse. The Capital police refused offers of extra help.

It's hard not ask some very uncomfortable questions here.

Is there any merit to this article's claim? It is, to say the least, very very disturbing.

And now that one officer has died of his injuries at the hands of this mob, and others remain hospitalized, it's impossible NOT to make comparisons between the event and the way the BLM protestors were handled this summer. I just don't know what to even think right now, it seems so impossible.

Trump's behavior is criminal. There is just no excuse. And he is, predictably, still lying. Lying about sending help (he did nothing, help was 3 hours late, and it was Pence who did it all)...after telling his mob he "loves them" and how they are "patriots" he is now throwing them under the bus. What are the American people supposed to make of this?

She explained this in a news conference yesterday. The city's authority ends at any federal establishment. All she can do is offer. They turned her down...multiple times.

So then how was she able to call in the national guard?

Also.. gosh, a politician who seems to have F'd up royally is saying that she's not responsible. Hey, let's just listen to them, right? LMAO. You are free to take politicians at face value, I do not. If we did, you'd have no reason to question Trump, because he says he didn't do anything wrong. That's a really dumb way to view politics, I'd advise you change your standards.

She didn't. The President usually takes care of that for a federal institution in DC. Since he abdicated his duties and was in league with the insurrection, the Vice President called in the guard. What is it about your comprehensive abilities? Do you understand what the city and federal law enforcement responsibilities are and where those borders lie in the area of who can order what?

Well if the news says it, it must be true LOL. After turning on the TV and seeing blatant, provable lies being spouted about this nonstop, I have enough reason to believe the mainstream media as you do to believe Alex Jones.

I'd advise you to leave the echo chamber.
And you have the nerve to accuse another poster of being "down the rabbit hole".

Lol.

You're apparently unsalvageable.

Have a nice day.

I'd advise you to leave the echo chamber. She sent the memos, she's the boss of the city. If you think that means nothing.. well.. you're just a partisan defending your position on defense. AKA.. *yawn*

You don't have to read the news to get the facts. DC has a patchwork of different jurisdictions - Capital Police, Park Police, DC Metro Police. They reflect the weirdness of who controls what in DC. The mayor of DC has zero to do with the Capital Police.

The Capitol police do not answer to her. No such order was given. No such order was followed.

No such order was given? So those emails and orders by the DC mayor never happened?

Can you prove the DC mayor has absolutely no say in security of the city? That is a really dumb thing to cling to. Any mayor has plenty of say in big situations in their city.

And now that one officer has died of his injuries at the hands of this mob, and others remain hospitalized, it's impossible NOT to make comparisons between the event and the way the BLM protestors were handled this summer. I just don't know what to even think right now, it seems so impossible.
It's absolutely possible, as the behavior is exactly the same. The difference is, you only denounce some of the violence, I denounce it all. I challenge you to increase your morality, and don't allow your hatred to prevent empathy for victims that you oppose. Feel compassion for all victims, and oppose all monsters.
Trump's behavior is criminal. There is just no excuse. And he is, predictably, still lying. Lying about sending help (he did nothing, help was 3 hours late, and it was Pence who did it all)...after telling his mob he "loves them" and how they are "patriots" he is now throwing them under the bus. What are the American people supposed to make of this?

If raising the temperature is criminal, then warm the handcuffs up for Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, etc... who all fired up their base by saying Trump "stole" the 2016 election and is an "illegitimate" president, who terrorized the black population to believe they were being massively exterminated when data proves that is monumentally incorrect, who all called the police are racist which led to officers being hunted and killed, who called the Republicans "murderers" which led to a GOP softball game being shot up.

You are opening a pandora's box. And I'd guess you're doing it because it's politically expedient at this very moment. But, when this loose standard is applied to others, you'll realize how stupid it is.

She didn't.

Fact Check: False

Now with downtown D.C. businesses boarding up their windows, Mayor Muriel Bowser has requested a limited National Guard deployment to help bolster the Metropolitan Police Department.
According to a U.S. defense official, Bowser put in a request on New Year’s Eve to have Guard members on the streets from Tuesday to Thursday to help with the protests. The official said the additional forces will be used for traffic control and other assistance but they will not be armed or wearing body armor. Congress is meeting this week to certify the Electoral College results, and Trump has refused to concede while whipping up support for protests.
Some 340 D.C. National Guard members will be activated, with about 115 on duty in the streets at any given time, said the defense official, who provided details on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The official said Guard members will be used to set up traffic control points around the city and to stand with district police officers at all the city’s Metro stops. Contee said Guard troops will also be used for some crowd management.

She successfully called in the National Guard, only to not use them. If she didn't have that power, that wouldn't be possible.

You're welcome.

and was in league with the insurrection

You can't prove that whatsoever. His words denounce them. Stop lying.

I don't have to. Trump did that shortly before all hell broke loose. Embrace it. Deal with it.

"And after this, we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down ... to the Capitol and we are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women," Trump told the crowd. "And we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

Someone did screw up royally...but it doesn't remotely resemble what you're describing.

And it gets worse. The Capital police refused offers of extra help.

It's hard not ask some very uncomfortable questions here.

Is there any merit to this article's claim? It is, to say the least, very very disturbing.

I believe there is a distinct possibility that your linked article is correct. This has many of the hallmarks of a hasty, poorly constructed plan. They breached the front steps by force, but had help from Capital police on the east side. It appears that's as far as their planning goes, though. Once inside they basically just milled around aimlessly, with the exception of one attempt to enter the house chamber.

She didn't.

Fact Check: False

Now with downtown D.C. businesses boarding up their windows, Mayor Muriel Bowser has requested a limited National Guard deployment to help bolster the Metropolitan Police Department.
According to a U.S. defense official, Bowser put in a request on New Year’s Eve to have Guard members on the streets from Tuesday to Thursday to help with the protests. The official said the additional forces will be used for traffic control and other assistance but they will not be armed or wearing body armor. Congress is meeting this week to certify the Electoral College results, and Trump has refused to concede while whipping up support for protests.
Some 340 D.C. National Guard members will be activated, with about 115 on duty in the streets at any given time, said the defense official, who provided details on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The official said Guard members will be used to set up traffic control points around the city and to stand with district police officers at all the city’s Metro stops. Contee said Guard troops will also be used for some crowd management.

She successfully called in the National Guard, only to not use them. If she didn't have that power, that wouldn't be possible.

You're welcome.

OK. One more time. She did it for DC. Here's what happened on Wednesday. She had no authority to order them to intervene at the Capitol. That responsibility belongs to the man who incited the mob.

I don't have to.
Hey, I know you think you can spout BS with no proof. However, in debate, that's just illogical, dishonest rhetoric. So, I know you FEEL that way, but to outsiders and objective observers, they'll laugh at you.
"And after this, we're going to walk down there, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down ... to the Capitol and we are going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women," Trump told the crowd. "And we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

Again, point to where he called for any violence or insurrection.

1...2...3.. Go!

OK. One more time. She did it for DC. Here's what happened on Wednesday. She had no authority to order them to intervene at the Capitol. That responsibility belongs to the man who incited the mob.

So you're saying she has the right to call them in, but not to use them? Yikes. Good luck with that.

You're also saying that she made commands that she knew had no weight or basis? Then why did she send the memos? And why were her orders followed to the T?

Forum List

Back