Why no black female country music performers?

I'd say rap sucks. You can't even understand half of what the criminal rapists are saying.

Last I listened, country music wasn't about robbing, murdering, raping, mistreating women, drugs, or getting over on the system.

Most black music seems to be though.

Has there ever been such a person? Some people would say that country music is a "racist" institution and that a black female would never make it in that business.

But remember Charlie Pride? I don't recall ever hearing any white person denigrating him because he was black. And he was a country music artist.

What gives? Is someone missing an opportunity here? In this age of politically-correct selective-ethnicity and selective-gender, would I become famous if I passed myself off as a black female and became a country music performer?

So many questions, so little time.

maybe because country music sucks?

The discussion is not whether you like country music or not. It's a question as to why there are so few black female country artists.

Now I will give you my assessment: It's not because the people who enjoy country music, predominantly white as they may be, are "racist".

I feel the reason more leans to the fact that black people as a whole, are segregational in nature. In other words, the biggest part of racism in this country, is exhibited among black people, not white people.

You may think that to be "funny" but coming from one as uninitiated and uninformed as yourself, it would be expected of you.

Let me reword that, there are no FAMOUS female black country western singers because of the audience involved.

Why is it the fault of the audience because black females can't sing country music?

Who says they can't?

Of course, audience bias is only one possible cause. Rather than bias, it may have to do more with audience demographics; if there aren't that many black country fans (and I have no idea if there are or not) that would make it less likely to find black country musicians.

Are there many non-white country artists in general?

I see this as similar to heavy metal, particularly the more extreme varieties. The audience tends to be mostly white, so the artists tend to be mostly white. There's no reason black, hispanic, Asian, Native American, or any other race/ethnicity can't perform the music. However, I imagine most musicians would play music they are a fan of, rather than trying to get into a genre they don't care for.

It's unfortunate, as music is something that I think should be "color-blind." Race and ethnicity have nothing to do with whether someone can enjoy music.

Apparently, there has been at least one female black country singer to get some popularity in recent years, Mickey Guyton. Mickey Guyton and the trailblazing black women of country music

Nice.

I think the stigma lies in the fact that most black people have been programmed to believe that hillbilly music is "racist."

That certainly might play a part, although I wouldn't describe it that way.

Again, I wonder how much representation there is in country of other minorities, as musicians or fans.

From what I hear, the Japanese have a large number of country music lovers. I haven't looked on Youtube but I would be willing to guess there are some pretty hardcore Japanese country bands.

It would not surprise me. The Japanese seem to be willing to try anything in entertainment. :lol:

Has there ever been such a person? Some people would say that country music is a "racist" institution and that a black female would never make it in that business.

But remember Charlie Pride? I don't recall ever hearing any white person denigrating him because he was black. And he was a country music artist.

What gives? Is someone missing an opportunity here? In this age of politically-correct selective-ethnicity and selective-gender, would I become famous if I passed myself off as a black female and became a country music performer?

The discussion is not whether you like country music or not. It's a question as to why there are so few black female country artists.

Now I will give you my assessment: It's not because the people who enjoy country music, predominantly white as they may be, are "racist".

I feel the reason more leans to the fact that black people as a whole, are segregational in nature.

no one cares what you "feel". that isn't accurate or true. or white trash wouldn't have voted for Donald.

I feel the reason more leans to the fact that black people as a whole, are segregational in nature. In other words, the biggest part of racism in this country, is exhibited among black people, not white people.

the "discussion" was yet another white supremacist thread the purpose of which was to elevate white country performers and denigrate black performers for not liking country music. maybe if you were honest?

rationally one would assume that black entertainers aren't exactly welcomed in Nashville.

and normal people do not believe that blues, R&B hip hop and many other traditionally black art forms are inferior to country music.

You may think that to be "funny" but coming from one as uninitiated and uninformed as yourself, it would be expected of you.

Do you think it is the same reason you don't see popular Asian country artists? And are there many popular hispanic country artists? Blaming it solely on blacks preferring to segregate seems like a knee-jerk response.

Do you think it is the same reason you don't see popular Asian country artists? And are there many popular hispanic country artists? Blaming it solely on blacks preferring to segregate seems like a knee-jerk response.

what it is.... is projection of his own lunatic white supremacist ideas

They don't need country music artists. They got Billie Holiday and Aretha Franklin and etc. etc.

That's blues and R&B. If the country music industry "doesn't need" black artists, especially female, why was Charley Pride as popular as he was?
Charlie Pride just played here in Ireland, no need for past tense.

I'd say rap sucks. You can't even understand half of what the criminal rapists are saying.

it must be horrible to get up every day hating a good chunk of the population that you know zero about
I can hear very well. You can't understand half of the mumbling bitch ho kill trash they talk.

that is a small part of black music. why are you focusing on that and not on all the black music that white artists have stolen?

and if we're talking about not understanding lyrics there are a lot of white groups, whether metal or whatever, where you can't understand a word they say.

but again, one would have to say "oh, I don't care for that genre" rather than the color of the people performing.

hence your problem. and why I feel badly for you.

No decent person listens to kuntry-fuck music..

it must be horrible to get up every day hating a good chunk of the population that you know zero about
I can hear very well. You can't understand half of the mumbling bitch ho kill trash they talk.

that is a small part of black music. why are you focusing on that and not on all the black music that white artists have stolen?

and if we're talking about not understanding lyrics there are a lot of white groups, whether metal or whatever, where you can't understand a word they say.

but again, one would have to say "oh, I don't care for that genre" rather than the color of the people performing.

Because we are talking about small parts of music. That's why. And I don't care for that genre because of the scum doing it.

They don't need country music artists. They got Billie Holiday and Aretha Franklin and etc. etc.

That's blues and R&B. If the country music industry "doesn't need" black artists, especially female, why was Charley Pride as popular as he was?
He gonna be in Branson, Missouri the end of Sep...That's close for me...

Because we are talking about small parts of music. That's why. And I don't care for that genre because of the scum doing it.

a part intentionally chosen by the o/p as a means of denigrating black people.

which is what y'all like doing. like I said... I feel bad for you.

My bad. I didn't even know he was still around.

They are out there, They just have not gotten much recognition or air time.

Charlie Pride is old news. Darius Rucker is the most recognized black performer today who performs country music and has a significant following.

A few noteworthy black female vocalists like Tina Turner and Dinah Washington (RIP)have recorded country music...tbey have just not gotten much in return for tbeir crossover work in that genre.

Mainly because their fan base is predoninately black and tbat type of music would likely not sell well to their target audience.

Top Ten Black Female Country Singers

Last edited:

Forum List

Back