Why it's important to keep a Republican out of the White House

The number one reason: Supreme Court Justice appointments. Republican appointed Justices have bought us Citizens United. That's basically had the effect of selling off our government to the highest bidder. Unhappy with your candidate? You can thank unlimited pac money. Bought to you by you Republican appointed justices.
Couldn't agree more.

And it's not just appointments to the Supreme Court, but the Federal courts as well.

Indeed, one is not voting for president, but voting for judicial appointments.

The last thing Americans need is a republican president making judicial appointments of reactionary judges and justices hostile to privacy rights, equal protection rights, due process rights, and voting rights.
Oh, the GOP is all for privacy rights, due process rights and voting rights too. We also are for free speech, freedom OF religion and 2nd Amendment rights. It's just tough shit that your rights are not more important than mine.
SLAM DUNK!

In addition to most republicans being hostile to the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay Americans, the voting rights of minorities, and the due process rights of immigrants, it's important to keep a republican out of the WH to avoid another disaster that occurred during the previous administration – two failed, illegal wars that cost the lives of thousands of American, as well as serious injury and disability to thousands more.

The republican propensity for war makes it too great a risk to vote for a republican presidential candidate; indeed, the GOP as become the War Party, calls for Israel or the United States to 'bomb' Iran is further evidence of rightwing warmongering and the neo-con lust for war.

Ironic that you speak of privacy on April 15th, Saul. I know you are not American, but this is the day Americans have to report to big brother every minute detail of their lives. Where they live, who they work for, how much they make, how much they save, how much they invest, who they marry, who they have sex with if that sex is successful, the names and ages of children, etc.

Right to privacy my ass - all must be reported to big brother.

But then, you don't give a fuck about privacy, no more than any of your fellow leftists do - you are speaking of a woman going out in public, to a public facility to kill their offspring; there is nothing private about it.

I've heard this silly nonsense every year of my adult life. Yet it continues to be said despite election results....

Amazing how dense some are

There was a caveat....unless you change who you nominate. In the past 30 years the Dems have put forward two women for the No.1 and 2 spots (ferrero and clinton), an American of Greek heritage (Dukakis) and Obama. All repubs put forward are pasty white guys. At least Cruz and Rubio have their hat in the ring as does a bloke who is married to an Hispanic and speaks the language of a large portion of the US constituency (Jeb Bush). Those demographics (blacks, hispanics, women and youth) are traditional Dem supporters and their number grows every election cycle....

The number one reason: Supreme Court Justice appointments. Republican appointed Justices have bought us Citizens United. That's basically had the effect of selling off our government to the highest bidder. Unhappy with your candidate? You can thank unlimited pac money. Bought to you by you Republican appointed justices.

When has Obama or the Clinton's been a big follower of campaign reform? Was there a big campaign fundraiser tour they have ever turned down, or kept the likes of individuals such as George Soros from influencing?

Why the conservative disdain for unions when corporations, in a lot of ways, work the same way but for a different class of citizen?

There's that lack of logic I previously mentioned..

There are no classes of citizens. We are all the same.

Btw corporations work to get products and services to as many people as possible.

You see in order to make money you have to provide people with something they find more valuable than that money. In other words you have to serve them.

I've heard this silly nonsense every year of my adult life. Yet it continues to be said despite election results....

Amazing how dense some are

There was a caveat....unless you change who you nominate. In the past 30 years the Dems have put forward two women for the No.1 and 2 spots (ferrero and clinton), an American of Greek heritage (Dukakis) and Obama. All repubs put forward are pasty white guys. At least Cruz and Rubio have their hat in the ring as does a bloke who is married to an Hispanic and speaks the language of a large portion of the US constituency (Jeb Bush). Those demographics (blacks, hispanics, women and youth) are traditional Dem supporters and their number grows every election cycle....
Why didn't you just say you're obsessed with skin color and other irrelevant bullshit.....

Forum List

Back