Why Isn't Whitmer Shutting Down Michigan As The Pandemic Rages There?

It's becoming more and more obvious as we watch Michigan suffer through another wave of Covid 19 cases that Whitmer was wrong to shut everything down and that she SHOULD have done what Kristi Noem did in South Dakota!
It's also becoming more and more obvious that liberals who attacked Governors DeSantis and Abbott for opening up their economies didn't have a clue what they were talking about! Florida and Texas cases are going down even as Michigan's go up!

Maybe she doesn't want to be assaulted by not so friendly spittel drooling Republicans?
If I were her, I'd be more worried about being assaulted by previously friendly Democrats who are at long last realizing that their Governor got it wrong right from the start and needlessly put thousands of Michigan businesses out of business!

Maybe she doesn't want to be assaulted by not so friendly spittel drooling Republicans?
If I were her, I'd be more worried about being assaulted by previously friendly Democrats who are at long last realizing that their Governor got it wrong right from the start and needlessly put thousands of Michigan businesses out of business!
She was just following federal guidelines like all the other states because that has been the plan for a long time.

So what does she do now? Admit that she was wrong? Does she follow the Kristi Noem plan? Or does she double down on the stupidity and lock Michigan down again?

She was just following federal guidelines like all the other states because that has been the plan for a long time.
The Federal Government left it up to the States to establish "guidelines", Moonie! Whitmer has nobody to blame for this than herself and her advisors! She could have done what Noem did...but she didn't.

Those citizens who have intelligence know what to do if things get bad with a Prog politician in charge now. Those fly over citizens in rural areas know the drill and know the landscape in case the Prog mommy politicians demand perma timeouts like they are treating children.

The Federal Government left it up to the States to establish "guidelines", Moonie! Whitmer has nobody to blame for this than herself and her advisors! She could have done what Noem did...but she didn't.
They follow the guidance of the NIH and CDC to implement their plans. Notice how Trump started it off by declaring a
Public Health Emergency Declaration

Role of the Federal Government: Assistance may take the form of fiscal support, technical assistance, or information about materials, personnel resources, and research. Provides legislation, Executive orders, and regulations that influence all emergency management activities.

Those citizens who have intelligence know what to do if things get bad with a Prog politician in charge now. Those fly over citizens in rural areas know the drill and know the landscape in case the Prog mommy politicians demand perma timeouts like they are treating children.
rural areas are different due to the population being less dense.

As far as I read the news, Whitmer is urging folks to pause. She cannot lockdown again. The Supreme Court in Michigan opposed her excessive lockdown orders last year.

And killed 10s of thousands of elderly in her state....

No she wasn't. She was breaking the law and ordering decrees that weren't constitutional. No justification for what she nor any other state was doing.

No she wasn't. She was breaking the law and ordering decrees that weren't constitutional. No justification for what she nor any other state was doing.
The public safety is over individual liberty.

Forum List

Back