Why Isn't Whitmer Shutting Down Michigan As The Pandemic Rages There?

Maybe she doesn't want to be assaulted by not so friendly spittel drooling Republicans?
If I were her, I'd be more worried about being assaulted by previously friendly Democrats who are at long last realizing that their Governor got it wrong right from the start and needlessly put thousands of Michigan businesses out of business!
She was just following federal guidelines like all the other states because that has been the plan for a long time.

No she wasn't. She was breaking the law and ordering decrees that weren't constitutional. No justification for what she nor any other state was doing.
The public safety is over individual liberty.

Making those decrees was causing more deaths and make the public less safe.

The republicans sued her as both houses are republican control.

She did over-reach with her executive orders. There was really no reason to impose them, that was only suppose to last two weeks...not a whole year.

So what's changed NOW from before? Oh, wait...NOW Joe Biden is in office and not Donald Trump...so shutting down your economy is no longer politically advantageous!
She's talking about doing it again.
Not enough crime I suppose.

Yes the right wingers will get all in a bunch and may have plans to kidnap her again.
Thanks for the useless Smolette comment.

Maybe she doesn't want to be assaulted by not so friendly spittel drooling Republicans?
If I were her, I'd be more worried about being assaulted by previously friendly Democrats who are at long last realizing that their Governor got it wrong right from the start and needlessly put thousands of Michigan businesses out of business!
She was just following federal guidelines like all the other states because that has been the plan for a long time.

No she wasn't. She was breaking the law and ordering decrees that weren't constitutional. No justification for what she nor any other state was doing.

If that's the case, then there is no individual liberty at all! What a stupid comment to make, go get a brain!

If one looks at the constitution, there can be no federal guidelines when it comes to health care.
The federal government was given no authority over health care.
That is because each state obviously has its own and different conditions.

But regardless of the state, "flattening the curve" never works to reduce deaths, and instead greatly increases them by keeping an epidemic around much longer than it normally would have otherwise.

If that's the case, then there is no individual liberty at all! What a stupid comment to make, go get a brain!

If that bed wetter was even born with a frontal lobe, replacing it wouldn't work. It would just wither away and die like the first one from a lack of use.

Besides, sniveling leftist parasites are enemies of liberty.

She wasn't assaulted when she shut down the state last fall. I think she has changed her view because of the person that is the President. She had the tightest restrictions in the country and now even at the CDC's recommendations, she is not going to shut down. She is pretty transparent in what she is doing.

So in her opinion politics is much more important than the welfare of the state.

So then with the cases rising to proportions of the worst of the pandemic she is not shutting the state down? Why not? What about public safety over individual liberty?

It is obvious why she shut the state last year and not this year even though her numbers are skyrocketing with no end in sight. It is about her politics not about the people of Michigan.

Why Isn't Whitmer Shutting Down Michigan As The Pandemic Rages There?

Probably doesn't want to have another plot to kidnap, rape and murder her by her own constituents. Have a good day!

So what's changed NOW from before? Oh, wait...NOW Joe Biden is in office and not Donald Trump...so shutting down your economy is no longer politically advantageous!

Yes the right wingers will get all in a bunch and may have plans to kidnap her again.
Kidnap her for what, who would pay a ransom for that witch?
Tar and feather the bag and run her out of state.

..and the Gestapo Governor determines public safety? What a dimwit.

So then with the cases rising to proportions of the worst of the pandemic she is not shutting the state down? Why not? What about public safety over individual liberty?

It is obvious why she shut the state last year and not this year even though her numbers are skyrocketing with no end in sight. It is about her politics not about the people of Michigan.

Its only about the people in MI. And she said to wear Masks and social distance, and not travel to Florida or any other state.

From the OP link:

Her approach, calling for individual responsibility over statewide restrictions, might have been lifted from the playbook of a Republican elected official, and on Friday she seemed to try to shift attention to the Biden administration for turning down her request to send extra vaccine doses to her beleaguered state.

That approach prompted an unexpected uttering of approval from Republicans in Michigan, who control the State Legislature and until now have fought Ms. Whitmer’s decisions at every turn.

They almost did, except they got caught.

They almost did, except they got caught.
I think kidnap is a nicer word than what they should have done.

I like her and will vote for her again and I know many people will as well, and some of them are repbulicans.

I like her and will vote for her again and I know many people will as well, and some of them are repbulicans.
Because you are a mushbrained libber with no individual thought.

Let's play the Down Thumbs game!

Forum List

Back