Why Is There Such A Big Push On Eating Healthy?

And just so you guys know I'm not talking about eating out at fastfood restaurants every day and becoming obese I'm talking about the fact that I know some people who think that we should never treat ourselves every once in a while when it comes to some kinds of foods. Don't ask me why, I don't have a clue. 🙄
I don't know anyone who says the occasional splurge is taboo.

A cheese pizza is good enough for me. :D

Never! Think BIG girl!

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.HOhCmLSkxxjfAZYCvpFGQAHaHa?pid=ImgDet&rs=1
Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 5.18.29 PM.png
https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.xeZ91qU3vY_JM3YwPQl50gHaE8?pid=ImgDet&rs=1
https://www.nydailynews.com/resizer/WFZuhTDwxvfZvrCuxIhvl5W-Yes=/800x0/filters:format(jpg):quality(70)/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/DZRA4CMX35AK7OB6I6BCTBUTZA.jpg

You could just add some tomato, or pieces of cheese-covered broccoli, a sprinle of wassabi toasted green peas, or some pineapple and ham! Or some fresh herbs from the yard.

Man, Idk but, them older people would eat stuff I would never.

Cow tongues and "hogshead cheese" and pig feet and stuff like that. Yeah, I draw the line at chitlins and anything like that.

Oh! Whoo! My friend's mom used to make 'um. She also used to make rabbit burgers and killer Spring Rolls for us, but yeah.

She had me stir the chitlins, and I ain't eatin' um. :nono:

Go on and check out what hogshead cheese is if ya wanna, it ain't cheese, I'll tell you that.

That generation lived long, though.

Chitlins smells like dirty diapers boiling.

FACT.

And if you never had diapers boiled, you're nowhere near as old as me.

Last edited:
Well I like pepperoni too but I'm not much of a toppings person.

If you had a stick of fine Italian pepperoni in, you could have sliced it thin or thick as you like it, or fried up some bacon and crumbled it, even sliced up a cooked hot dog on top, maybe added some provolone cheese maybe, and elevated that pizza to something more by adding a protein! Just sayin'.

Last edited:
No one should be focused on a diet to the point of obsession, where it negatively affects their lives.

But of course there needs to be a “push” in America to eat healthier. Of course there should. Have you been to Walmart and seen the people on the Amigos?

I don't know anyone who says the occasional splurge is taboo.

Thanks for noticing the straw man.

As for the OP....um, I don't know.... maybe because nearly 2400 people die every day from heart disease in the US? And nearly 1700 die every day from cancer? And everywhere you look everyone is obese? I mean, if one doesn't care about that, then keep doing what you're doing. :dunno: I for one want to be healthy and stay young looking, instead of being an obese diabetic on multiple pharmaceuticals who ends up dying of a heart attack or cancer like everyone else.

Last edited:
Some people choose to eat to live. Others live to eat. I struggle to be the former.

Good health really is your greatest asset. You'll likely only realize it as you lose your health. Sometimes you'll never get it back.

I became a diabetic after I had most of my pancreas removed. That's one of those things that are forever. Diet won't bring me back to before that time, but I can minimize the damage.

I became vegan (nutritarian) for other reasons than "health" but there are benefits to obedience

No one should be focused on a diet to the point of obsession, where it negatively affects their lives.

But of course there needs to be a “push” in America to eat healthier. Of course there should. Have you been to Walmart and seen the people on the Amigos?

That goes for anything though. Even exercise.

And just so you guys know I'm not talking about eating out at fastfood restaurants every day and becoming obese I'm talking about the fact that I know some people who think that we should never treat ourselves every once in a while when it comes to some kinds of foods. Don't ask me why, I don't have a clue. 🙄
Nah... there have been some people doing that for many years.
Having said that, millennials are eating healthier than Gen X'rs

Nah... there have been some people doing that for many years.
Having said that, millennials are eating healthier than Gen X'rs

Well I still got to cut back a little bit on the sweet treats because now I'm reaching pre-diabetes and I didn't know that it was that bad for me.

A healthy lifestyle would include...
Consuming less sugar
Having more sex
Exercising daily

A healthy lifestyle would include...
Consuming less sugar
Having more sex
Exercising daily

Well except for the more sex thing I agree with you as I'm good with the amount I have lol

Forum List

Back