Why Is There Such A Big Push On Eating Healthy?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
And just so you guys know I'm not talking about eating out at fastfood restaurants every day and becoming obese I'm talking about the fact that I know some people who think that we should never treat ourselves every once in a while when it comes to some kinds of foods. Don't ask me why, I don't have a clue. 🙄

No idea, My wife is diabetic so she has to watch her diet. But I usually eat whatever I want.

No idea, My wife is diabetic so she has to watch her diet. But I usually eat whatever I want.

Yeah but even diabetics get a treat every once in a while don't they? Watching your diet and not caring about it at all are two entirely different things.

And just so you guys know I'm not talking about eating out at fastfood restaurants every day and becoming obese I'm talking about the fact that I know some people who think that we should never treat ourselves every once in a while when it comes to some kinds of foods. Don't ask me why, I don't have a clue. 🙄

Every health nut I've known of dropped dead at an early age.

Just remember, George Burns chain smoked (inhaled) cigars until something like 100 years old.

Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 4.41.14 PM.png

Every health nut I've known of dropped dead at an early age.

Why's that? Btw this all came up in conversation only because I wanted pizza for dinner and I haven't had it for quite some time now.

I avoid eating high starch foods. Mostly protein, fruits and veggies. Sugar is a killer.

Imagine when .. not if .. government takes over health care decisions, including single-payor responsibilities. They will take this position to further mandate diet restrictions because tax payer dollars will be used to pay for health care decisions.

I avoid eating high starch foods. Mostly protein, fruits and veggies. Sugar is a killer.

Well if it's a personal choice that's one thing, but other people shouldn't push their opinions on you and I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't push yours on other people either.

Yeah but even diabetics get a treat every once in a while don't they? Watching your diet and not caring about it at all are two entirely different things.

She's on a special diet that's doing a good job of keeping her blood sugar down. No carbs or sugar, but there are a lot of good substitutes. I made zucchini spaghetti with a spiral cutter for her last night and it was actually pretty good. Of course I cooked some real pasta for myself.

Tonight it's grilled chicken breasts on the charcoal grill, and cubed zucchini, green yellow, and red peppers, onions, and tomatoes marinated in oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Those will get sauteed in a skillet. I might make another box of Rice-A-Roni for myself. I can eat a whole box of that shit in one sitting.

Imagine when .. not if .. government takes over health care decisions, including single-payor responsibilities. They will take this position to further mandate diet restrictions because tax payer dollars will be used to pay for health care decisions.

Hasn't that been done before with Obama?

Why's that? Btw this all came up in conversation only because I wanted pizza for dinner and I haven't had it for quite some time now.

Just the other day I read a news story where some famous athlete dropped over dead at an early age. I haven't had a pizza for 2-3 years I think--- what will you get for toppings?

Just the other day I read a news story where some famous athlete dropped over dead at an early age. I haven't had a pizza for 2-3 years I think--- what will you get for toppings?

Whatever's in the freezer lol as I should have specified that I was going to eat a frozen pizza tonight.

Whatever's in the freezer lol as I should have specified that I was going to eat a frozen pizza tonight.

Hey, nothing stopping you from throwing some added fresh toppings on as well to spice it up. Some diced onion and black olives would probably work, just be sure to get as much water out of them as you can. Maybe sauté the onions in butter first.

New Pictures 008.jpg

Hasn't that been done before with Obama?

It was with Michelle's school lunch programs. But the kids wouldn't eat them because they were crap.

And then she started a garden program to urge people to grow their own vegetables. She had a little garden on the White House grounds until someone found out the grounds were contaminated with lead.

:laughing0301:

Hey, nothing stopping you from throwing some added fresh toppings on as well to spice it up. Some diced onion and black olives would probably work, just be sure to get as much water out of them as you can. Maybe sauté the onions in butter first.

View attachment 822607

A cheese pizza is good enough for me. :D

Forum List

Back