What country has the best steaks ?

The steaks in Argentina were the best I’ve ever had

Countries don't matter. Ranches and people who are knowledgeable of beef do. I have had great steaks in many countries and restaurants. I had one of the best steaks ever in an obscure restaurant in Ceres, CA that was run by an elderly Portuguese gent that knew how to pick good beef. Right next door there was a snooty steak house that sold some of the worst leather I've ever had in my mouth.

Countries don't matter. Ranches and people who are knowledgeable of beef do. I have had great steaks in many countries and restaurants. I had one of the best steaks ever in an obscure restaurant in Ceres, CA that was run by an elderly Portuguese gent that knew how to pick good beef. Right next door there was a snooty steak house that sold some of the worst leather I've ever had in my mouth.
Interesting

Great steaks can be found all over the world.
Japan has some fantastic Wagyu. Australia has some great Wagyu as does the US.
I've tried Japanese Wagyu that is fantastic yet I like Australian and US Wagyu to be every bit as much as japanese Wagyu.
Japan Wagyu is a bit too rich for my taste buds.

Kobe beef is far superior. Wagyu isn't necessarily Japanese. There is a big Wagyu ranch in ID.

I get our Wagyu from my Wifes boss.
He just started raising a Wagyu Certified Angus cross that kicks ass!!!
This is hi's latest Flat Iron steak.
The marbling is incredible!!!
IMG_4133.jpeg

I know this is no steak but WOW!!!!!!!!!!

In Argentina they have the most amazing desserts too!

The food in Buenos Aires when I lived there for three years.....was the best in the world! OMG!

Flan with dulce de leche!​

1693363993616.png

The best steaks I've had have been in USA. I do like some of the Argentinian cuts like vacío and asado de tira that you don't see offered as commonly as in USA, but to me a nice thick dry aged bone-in ribeye is the perfect steak and USA does it best.

Forum List

Back