Why Is the US Military Rationing Meals? They Have a $770 Billion Budget. What’s Going On?

Where did I say anything about sending them our best? You really should not be drinking while posting!

Well, your post was certainly vague.

SO please tell us where Wikipedia says we were going to send them the USS Guam.

Because once again, Wikipedia says you are wrong.

President Ronald Reagan approved the Royal Navy's request to borrow a Sea Harrier-capable Iwo Jima-class amphibious assault ship (the US Navy had earmarked USS Guam (LPH-9) for this[184]) if the British lost an aircraft carrier. The United States Navy developed a plan to help the British man the ship with American military contractors, likely retired sailors with knowledge of the ship's systems.[185]

Of course, I do not use Wikipedia as a reference myself, but whatever floats your boat. Where does WIkipedia say it was the USS Guam exactly?

I have probably forgotten more on this topic than a ground pounder ever knew. Don't call me ignorant! I was an electronics technician while enlisted and a fire control radar officer and my watch station was as a Missile Engagement Controller. I graduated from the TAO School just prior to the Gulf War. I was the only O-3 on my ship allowed to stand that watch, even though I was a propulsion engineer.

Now, lay your dick on the table so it can be smacked so hard that it might swell up to match a 5 year old.

And oh yes, drones have no problem with ECM. Never mind that even Iran was able to take over one of our drones, crash it in their territory, and recover it.

And our drones were so ineffective in many areas of Syria where Russian ECM made them unable to do their missions.

In a speech last month at the U.S. Geospatial Intelligence Foundation’s 2018 GEOINT Symposium, General Raymond Thomas, commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, said Syria has become “the most aggressive E.W. environment on the planet.”

“They are testing us every day, knocking our communications down, disabling our EC-130s, etcetera,” he said. Even though the general did not directly say Moscow was behind the operations, according to experts, it is only Russia that has advanced capabilities to successfully carry out such interference in Syria.

Thomas’ comments came soon after reports that Russia has been blocking small U.S. surveillance drones from receiving GPS satellite signals.

One Russian system capable of such interference is the Krasukha-4. It is designed primarily to counter the radars of attack, reconnaissance and unmanned aircraft, and has reportedly been deployed to Syria. The truck-mounted radio emitter is capable of jamming not only radar signals, but also control channels for drones, making planes “blind and deaf.” It has a range of up to 300 km.

So big deal you were a JG 30 years ago, this is 30 years later. I will just sit back now, as you have the biggest dick here. Happy?

The reason the E-2D can be replaced by drones is that there is no reason for an aircraft to be put in harm's way. When the radar equipment and computers can be safely placed in a remotely piloted aircraft with much longer range and greater endurance, why use a manned aircraft? They can also be used as tankers.
I thought the E-2 were routinely kept far enough away from combat zones that they were effectively "out of harm's way" anyway.

Well, your post was certainly vague
Well, your post was certainly vague.

SO please tell us where Wikipedia says we were going to send them the USS Guam.

Because once again, Wikipedia says you are wrong.

Of course, I do not use Wikipedia as a reference myself, but whatever floats your boat. Where does WIkipedia say it was the USS Guam exactly?

President Ronald Reagan approved the Royal Navy's request to borrow a Sea Harrier-capable Iwo Jima-class amphibious assault ship (the US Navy had earmarked USS Guam (LPH-9) for this[184]) if the British lost an aircraft carrier.

And oh yes, drones have no problem with ECM. Never mind that even Iran was able to take over one of our drones, crash it in their territory, and recover it.

And our drones were so ineffective in many areas of Syria where Russian ECM made them unable to do their missions.

So big deal you were a JG 30 years ago, this is 30 years later. I will just sit back now, as you have the biggest dick here. Happy?

Go to bed! You're drunk!

BTW, and O-3 is NOT a fucking JG, ground pounder. I was forced out of the Navy as an O-4, thank you very fucking much!

I suggest you give Jack, or Jim, or Johnnie the rest of the evening off! You are obviously intoxicated!

I thought the E-2 were routinely kept far enough away from combat zones that they were effectively "out of harm's way" anyway.

With a RADAR that can effectively see for over 300nm, that is not all that hard.

They can detect aircraft long before they are a threat, and can move farther back and fighters can move in to screen it long before any inbound fighters could attack it.

But you can't convince the "Drone believers" of anything that conflicts with their belief that in their dream. Even I can see the "data crunch" issue with trying to feed all of the data collected from an "AWAC Drone", and sending it unfiltered to a remote station for analysis. There is a reason why out of the crew of 5, 3 are dedicated just to operating the RADAR system and filtering the take before it is sent off to others.

We even have that issue with much less powerful ground based RADAR systems, like the PATRIOT. Even that system can just barely operate via a direct link radio (with the RADAR and operators linked via fiber optic almost always used), which is why it is used 99% of the time over FOCA only.

That is one of the advantages I guess of having both been a PATRIOT operator, as well as a computer-network technician in the military. I have a real good idea of the amounts of bandwidth we are talking about, and the limitations of how much you can push through the ether. A single ECM system jamming any part of the signal to or from the drone, and it is worthless and you are blind.

In fact, one of the things that the Navy wants to add to the E-2D is the capability to operate drones from it.

The US Navy wants drone-control features on its E-2D Advanced Hawkeye early-warning aircraft. The service has awarded a contract to aerospace giant Northrop Grumman to carry out the necessary modifications on the aircraft.

The contract will include modifications of the E-2D’s mission computer and displays software to obtain the ability to control UAVs.

This could actually be a good thing, as it would be much closer to where the drones might be operating than most traditional remote operators. And if they are doing this, it sure as hell shows that they are not even considering replacing the Hawkeye, but upgrading it so it can be used for even longer.

Re drones, I guess the Russians don't have any ECM gear, they gave it all to Syria and Iran.

And, it was over 10-11 years ago when Iran allegedly captured a drone. They just might have hardened them since their experimental days. but the drone haters will bring it up every time anyway, like left wing racists keep hounding Zimmerman.

Last edited:
Re drones, I guess the Russians don't have any ECM gear, they gave it all to Syria and Iran.

And, it was over 10-11 years ago when Iran allegedly captured a drone. They just might have hardened them since their experimental days. but the drone haters will bring it up every time anyway, like left wing racists keep hounding Zimmerman.

You forget what is the major appeal of drones?

The major appeal of using drones is that the military doesn't see them as requiring approval (for the most part) to use and the lack of political blowback from military personnel being killed.

Neither of those would be factors in a major war.

You forget what is the major appeal of drones?

The major appeal of using drones is that the military doesn't see them as requiring approval (for the most part) to use and the lack of political blowback from military personnel being killed.

Neither of those would be factors in a major war.

After the U.S. display of force in Iraq, wiping out the wolrd's fourth largest military's offensive capacity in a few hours, it will be another 40-50 years before anybody even thinks about kicking off a major war. It's back to proxies and low intensity bullying, ideal for drones and modernized infantry with it's own little portable 'air force', increasingly effective anti-armor and anti-air means, and advanced intelligence capabilities.

After the U.S. display of force in Iraq, wiping out the wolrd's fourth largest military's offensive capacity in a few hours, it will be another 40-50 years before anybody even thinks about kicking off a major war. It's back to proxies and low intensity bullying, ideal for drones and modernized infantry with it's own little portable 'air force', increasingly effective anti-armor and anti-air means, and advanced intelligence capabilities.
Perhaps. But wars are inherently unpredictable. Some nations could make the Argentine mistake in the Falklands that is thinking the British wouldn't fight.

Oh, they have it. However, it is much like Air Defense. Of much more use in the defense than during the offense.

Plus they likely do not want to risk it falling into enemy hands, or allow a huge amount of intelligence to be gained by using it. And it is not like drones are playing a real major part in the combat on either side.

But wars are inherently unpredictable. Some nations could make the Argentine mistake in the Falklands that is thinking the British wouldn't fight.

Or the Ukraine would not fight.

Or the US would really not go after the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Or that Yugoslavia would turn out the way it did when Tito died.

Why Is the US Military Rationing Meals? They Have a $770 Billion Budget.

What’s Going On?

31 May 2022 ~~ By Joe Hoft

What is going on? The US Military is rationing food on at least one huge aircraft carrier. Why is this happening? Doesn’t the military receive hundreds of billions of dollars each year? Where is the money going?
This Memorial week we received information that the men and women on US aircraft carrier, the USS Harry Truman, are receiving food rations. This makes no sense.
The USS Harry Truman is not at war. It is not in harm’s way. It is in the Mediterranean Sea near the conflict in Ukraine but not in the Black Sea.
Around 5,000 personnel are on board this huge carrier. Reports are coming out that the ship is rationing food. Why is our military doing this? It makes no sense. They are only receiving two meals a day.
USS-Harry-Truman-3.jpg
Where are the billions going? Who is making the call to ration meals for our soldiers? Is this the love and respect they get from the Biden/Obama Administration? It appears that this is punishment, but for what? Why are our soldiers being treated this way? Is this just another effort to destroy the US military? First, Biden had forced vaccinations – now food rations – what is going on?
USS-Harry-Truman-4.jpg

Commentary:
What is disturbing is food rationing for our military that aren't deployed to war accomplishes a few things for the criminals running our government.
It dissuades military personnel from reenlisting, a purge of the military so they can remake it in their own image.
It reduces the spending on people that they don't care about so that they can funnel the money to their own pockets and projects.
It gives the Biden government a way of punishing military that haven't taken the jab as they have demanded.
They are trying to purge the military while making money doing it.
The good thing about that is that when the revolution does come, all the highly trained military personnel will be with the revolutionaries.

But we give $40B to the most corrupt nation on the planet in Ukraine????

But we give $40B to the most corrupt nation on the planet in Ukraine????
And you're going to the fall back position for American politicians and soldiers whenever a conflict isn't going as well for us as we think it should.

"That country is corrupt".

And you're going to the fall back position for American politicians and soldiers whenever a conflict isn't going as well for us as we think it should.

"That country is corrupt".
Congress is corrupt, they don't give a fuck about anything except lining their pockets. Instead of fixing things, they invent new ways to enrich themselves

You know, they thought the same thing in 1918.

Ooops.

Well, we haven't seen a major war since Iraq, so I will go with that. We have seen, however, a Russian invasion pretty much shut down by mostly small arms. But the Russian army is small, too, so it doesn't count as a major war. Even Iraq wasn't really a major war by WW II standards, but it was big enough to send a message which is why the assorted pyschos and crazies have been been waiting until an Obama or a Biden get elected to do their slaughters.

Last edited:
Actually that one was pretty predictable. I saw it predicted in Dunnigan's "A Quick and Dirty Guide to War" a decade before it fell apart.
A lot of people sneered at Dunnigan's books, but he has proven to right more often than wrong, which puts him ahead of other 'experts'.

Forum List

Back