Why is it OK for NASA to name things after Indians but not businesses or sports teams?

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
NASA names new features on Mars in Navajo language (microsoftnewskids.com)

Where is the fake outrage from the Cancel Culture?
As NASA's Perseverance rover starts to discover and identify interesting new features on the surface of Mars, the team back on Earth will need to start naming them — and they've chosen to honor the Navajo Nation first.

Cultural appropriation definition, the adoption or co-opting, usually without acknowledgment, of cultural identity markers associated with or originating in minority communities by people or communities with a relatively privileged status.

1615654514679.png

Yankee go home!

As NASA's Perseverance rover starts to discover and identify interesting new features on the surface of Mars, the team back on Earth will need to start naming them — and they've chosen to honor the Navajo Nation first.

Cultural appropriation definition, the adoption or co-opting, usually without acknowledgment, of cultural identity markers associated with or originating in minority communities by people or communities with a relatively privileged status.
Because NASA is kewl...

We have cities, towns, and counties all over the country that are named after famous Indians or Indian tribes. Mountains, rivers, and lakes too. I always thought it was a sign of respect
/——/ Pale face say Injun names insult injuns.

Government exempts itself. Government is also the biggest discriminator based on race, gender etc. Now if you try to do that with a private business government will come after you with the DOJ.

What is NASA selling?

What is NASA selling?
/——-/ Shop Nasa | The Gift Shop at NASA Johnson Space Center

What is NASA selling?

What is NASA selling?
Let me rephrase.
What is NASA using a Native American name to sell?

What is NASA selling?
Let me rephrase.
What is NASA using a Native American name to sell?
/—-/ Yeah. Keep moving the goal posts. I’m not playing your stupid game.

Yeah. Keep moving the goal posts. I’m not playing your stupid game.
Your thread makes no sense.
NASA, unlike Jeep/Football teams/ Maple syrup companies is not using a Native American term to sell something.
That is why its ok to use the name.
Of course your not "playing the game "so you will remain ignorant and whine like a bitch.
Cool with me.

Yeah. Keep moving the goal posts. I’m not playing your stupid game.
Your thread makes no sense.
NASA, unlike Jeep/Football teams/ Maple syrup companies is not using a Native American term to sell something.
That is why its ok to use the name.
Of course your not "playing the game "so you will remain ignorant and whine like a bitch.
Cool with me.

The only bitch in this thread is you.

Forum List

Back