Why Is Israel Attacking Syria? Are All Americans Required To Support It?...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
It's become pretty clear that the US Government is now requiring all Americans to support anything Israel does. Now i know the usual suspects are gonna immediately shout 'Anti-Semite!', but just hear me out. Does our foreign policy need to be directly tied to Israel's foreign policy?

Are we as Americans required to always support anything Israel does? Because this recent Israeli attack on Syria just doesn't seem justified. I can't support it. I'd be real interested in hearing what y'all think. Thanks.

Israel Launches Air Strikes On Syria And Assad's Waiting Game'

Immediately after Israel's latest unprovoked strike on Syria we posed the question, did Benjamin Netanyahu just panic? The answer is yes, Israel is now acting from a position of desperation as it has failed in its goal of regime change in Syria. Overnight (Wed. evening/Thursday early morning), Israel attacked a Syrian military base near the town of Masyaf at about 3:00 a.m. which Syria has now confirmed in a statement that warns of "serious repercussions". Syria reported two troop deaths in the attack. It appears to have been a massive strike - grainy photos show a large fireball lighting up the night sky outside of Masyaf.

Israel appears to have timed its attack to occur on the very night a controversial U.N. report was released earlier in the day (Wednesday) which blames the Assad government for using chemical weapons against civilians at Khan Sheikhoun in April. A number of Israeli analysts and media reports purport the Masyaf base to be a site for chemical and non-conventional weapons storage (such as "barrel bombs") while claiming the attack was motivated by "humanitarian" concern for Syrian civilians...

More:

It's become pretty clear that the US Government is now requiring all Americans to support anything Israel does. Now i know the usual suspects are gonna immediately shout 'Anti-Semite!', but just hear me out. Does our foreign policy need to be directly tied to Israel's foreign policy?

Are we as Americans required to always support anything Israel does? Because this recent Israeli attack on Syria just doesn't seem justified. I can't support it. I'd be real interested in hearing what y'all think. Thanks.

Immediately after Israel's latest unprovoked strike on Syria we posed the question, did Benjamin Netanyahu just panic? The answer is yes, Israel is now acting from a position of desperation as it has failed in its goal of regime change in Syria. Overnight (Wed. evening/Thursday early morning), Israel attacked a Syrian military base near the town of Masyaf at about 3:00 a.m. which Syria has now confirmed in a statement that warns of "serious repercussions". Syria reported two troop deaths in the attack. It appears to have been a massive strike - grainy photos show a large fireball lighting up the night sky outside of Masyaf.

Israel appears to have timed its attack to occur on the very night a controversial U.N. report was released earlier in the day (Wednesday) which blames the Assad government for using chemical weapons against civilians at Khan Sheikhoun in April. A number of Israeli analysts and media reports purport the Masyaf base to be a site for chemical and non-conventional weapons storage (such as "barrel bombs") while claiming the attack was motivated by "humanitarian" concern for Syrian civilians...

More:

Because they are asshole murdering bastards,THATS why.

More:

Well, i don't tend to go that extreme. But this recent attack was unprovoked and unjust. I can't support it. I think it is time for our Government to reconsider going along with everything Israel does. Our foreign policy should no longer be tied to its foreign policy.

Dunno why we are supposed to support Israel, but the GOP sure wants us to do it.

Yeah, some have forced us to be beholden to Israel. Our foreign policies have become one policy. We need to separate the policies. These recent attacks were unprovoked and unjust. I can't support it.

More:

Well, i don't tend to go that extreme. But this recent attack was unprovoked and unjust. I can't support it. I think it is time for our Government to reconsider going along with everything Israel does. Our foreign policy should no longer be tied to its foreign policy.
Our arms dealers are allies, our nations are not.

More:
Give Me a link to the EXACT law the is requiring American's to support anything Israel is doing.

Last edited:

More:
Give Me a link to the EXACT law the is requiring American's to support anything Israel is going.

It seems that if you don't, you'll immediately be labelled an 'Anti-Semite.' That's a form of forcing folks to go along. I just think it's time for our Government to reconsider going along with everything Israel does. This latest attack is unjustifiable.

More:

Because Syria still sucks?

More:
Give Me a link to the EXACT law the is requiring American's to support anything Israel is going.

It seems that if you don't, you'll immediately be labelled an 'Anti-Semite.' That's a form of forcing folks to go along. I just think it's time for our Government to reconsider going along with everything Israel does. This latest attack is unjustifiable.
I'm sorry, was the request to vague?

You do have a link to the LAW requiring Americans to back anything Isreal does, right?

Being afraid of the consequences of your words is NOT a government requiring you do anything.

More:

Not a valid or legal justification for bombing and killing. This attack was unprovoked and unjustified. I can't support it.

More:

I'm sorry, was the request to vague?

You do have a link to the LAW requiring Americans to back anything Isreal does, right?

Being afraid of the consequences of your words is NOT a government requiring you do anything.

I was just pointing out that our Government does apply pressure to folks to support everything Israel does. But why? Why is Israel's foreign policy our foreign policy? I just think it's time to separate the two policies. I can't support this attack. And i shouldn't be pressured to.

More:

Not a valid or legal justification for bombing and killing. This attack was unprovoked and unjustified. I can't support it.

Do you even have a clue what Israel bombed? A freaking chemical weapons site.

Good grief

More:

Good grief

So they say. But regardless, it was unprovoked and unjustified.

More:

Good grief

No you pacifist clown, Israel had made it known they would take out any chemical weapon sites, unlike the bungling boob Obama Israel drew a red line and backed it up.

Get informed and stop bawling and whining.

More:

Good grief

No you pacifist clown, Israel had made it known they would take out any chemical weapon sites, unlike the bungling boob Obama Israel drew a red line and backed it up.

Unprovoked and illegal. I won't support it.

Good grief

Unprovoked and illegal. I won't support it.

Israel doesn't give two shits if you support it.

Forum List

Back