Why is hush money illegal?

The Dems will come after DeSantis with a vengeance. If he got a Jay-walking ticket When he was a teen, we will hear how he was guilty of civil disobedience and should have been imprisoned.
I have a jay-walking ticket for two bucks I got in 1985 in Chevy Chase, DC when I was in the army and I never paid for it.

The Dems will come after DeSantis with a vengeance. If he got a Jay-walking ticket When he was a teen, we will hear how he was guilty of civil disobedience and should have been imprisoned.
So let them come. They got nothing. And he respects people.

I have a jay-walking ticket for two bucks I got in 1985 in Chevy Chase, DC when I was in the army and I never paid for it.
Well it will come back to bite you if you run as a Republican. As a Democrat, no biggie.

We apply the law differently now depending on your political affiliation.

We will be moved into a globalist government whether we want to or not. Destruction of individuals rule at every level. Anyone at the peasant level who has been shamed and humiliated from police do not forget it. Trump is obviously targeted because he tried to make us a free and sovereign nation again. It was working. And we are too stupid to see it as the Covid was released to end that and we found out how totalitarian Progresses are.
Just don't violate campaign money laws and you should be okay.

Well it will come back to bite you if you run as a Republican. As a Democrat, no biggie.

We apply the law differently now depending on your political affiliation.
Nope, they drop it after several years and they have done the same for all tickets that expire.

This thread is not about Biden, that is another thread.
It’s a valid point.

Dem: Susie the Republican stole a piece of gum from the drugstore! She needs to go to jail.

Rep: Well, Tommy the Democrat stole a $100,000 Tesla. That’s a real crime, and he needs to go to jail.

Dem: We are talking about what Susie did!

Isn’t it just payment for a contract of non-disclosure?

Hush money isn't illegal. It is just a settlement out of court to settle a matter without going THROUGH the court system. What the idiot DA is trying to get Trump on is because the payment was recorded in their business ledgers as a legal expense. But it WAS a legal expense! The other thing was because it was not recorded in his campaign finance records, but Trump paid it himself and did not use campaign finance dollars! Finally, the DA is trying to get around the expiration of the statute of limitations by claiming Trump was not in the state for a long time but Trump was in NY all of the time! In fact, he didn't really move out of NY state until the statute was actually OVER.

This is nothing more than the government's efforts to use unlimited public funds of the taxpayers in order to harass Trump into bankruptcy, or at the very least, keep him out of office again.

It’s a valid point.

Dem: Susie the Republican stole a piece of gum from the drugstore! She needs to go to jail.

Rep: Well, Tommy the Democrat stole a $100,000 Tesla. That’s a real crime, and he needs to go to jail.

Dem: We are talking about what Susie did!
That is the TOS anywhey.

Just don't violate campaign money laws and you should be okay.
Or, use info from stolen classified info to get your druggie son $1 million from America’s enemy, and you should be OK. If you’re a Democrat.

Hush money isn't illegal. It is just a settlement out of court to settle a matter without going THROUGH the court system. What the idiot DA is trying to get Trump on is because the payment was recorded in their business ledgers as a legal expense. But it WAS a legal expense! The other thing was because it was not recorded in his campaign finance records, but Trump paid it himself and did not use campaign finance dollars! Finally, the DA is trying to get around the expiration of the statute of limitations by claiming Trump was not in the state for a long time but Trump is in NY all of the time! In fact, he didn't really move out of NY state until the statute was actually OVER.

This is nothing more than the government's efforts to use unlimited public funds of the taxpayers in order to harass Trump into bankruptcy, or at the very least, keep him out of office again.
Ahem, other politicians over the years have had to pay fines for improper finance handling of campaign funds, Trump is no better or worse for it, try not to lose the will to live over it.

Or, use info from stolen classified info to get your druggie son $1 million from America’s enemy, and you should be OK. If you’re a Democrat.
I suggest you stop voting for wealthy people, including Trump whose family did pick up 2 billion from the Saudis while in the White House.

Hush money isn't illegal. It is just a settlement out of court to settle a matter without going THROUGH the court system. What the idiot DA is trying to get Trump on is because the payment was recorded in their business ledgers as a legal expense. But it WAS a legal expense! The other thing was because it was not recorded in his campaign finance records, but Trump paid it himself and did not use campaign finance dollars! Finally, the DA is trying to get around the expiration of the statute of limitations by claiming Trump was not in the state for a long time but Trump is in NY all of the time! In fact, he didn't really move out of NY state until the statute was actually OVER.

What Trumo did is completely legal.

What the Dems are hoping for is to create the APPEARANCE that he did something illegal, and have the gullible masses fall for it. Same thing they did with the MAL raid, which of course failed miserably.

Fifty years ago, they wouldn’t have gotten away with these antics. The intelligence level of Americans has fallen so low that they’re hoping they can now. We will see.

What the Dems are hoping for is to create the APPEARANCE that he did something illegal, and have the gullible masses fall for it. Same thing they did with the MAL raid, which of course failed miserably.

Fifty years ago, they wouldn’t have gotten away with these antics. The intelligence level of Americans has fallen so low that they’re hoping they can now. We will see.
A grand jury can't do what you claim.

Ahem, other politicians over the years have had to pay fines for improper finance handling of campaign funds, Trump is no better or worse for it, try not to lose the will to live over it.

Yep. It is a misdemeanor, not a felony. And it has a statute of limitations. That statute is long over and the DA is trying to charge it as a felony.

Isn’t it just payment for a contract of non-disclosure?

I have received such a payment myself. I was wronged by an employer, and they - without admitting guilt - offered me a nice chunk of change to never reveal it publicly. It was a legal contract.

Paying the money is not the problem. It is how you deal with it after.

Let’s say you own a business. You own the business. You pay someone to remain silent. But it is a personal, that is to say not related to business. But you take the money out of your corporate funds and list it as legal fees. That is illegal. It is called various things in different states. But it is always illegal to misappropriate funds. It is always illegal.

If you, or Trump had just paid it out of his personal account, it wouldn’t have been an issue. Paying it to an employee would qualify as a business expense. Or a former employee.

The law is set up with a huge fudge factor so the prosecutor can decide. In 99.9% of all cases, such a matter would be dropped. But they are trying to stretch the law to apply here to get Trump and make him the 0.1%. It is all about weaponizing the law against those you do not like, which makes our justice system political and not justice at all.

What the Dems are hoping for is to create the APPEARANCE that he did something illegal, and have the gullible masses fall for it.
The witch-hunt for Trump has gone so far now that there are few left who are not now scratching their heads at all these cases. And when Bragg's GJ reconvenes, they will be looking for more things to charge. And Garland is looking to convene a GJ to look at charges of his own.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back