Why is hush money illegal?

We will be moved into a globalist government whether we want to or not. Destruction of individuals rule at every level. Anyone at the peasant level who has been shamed and humiliated from police do not forget it. Trump is obviously targeted because he tried to make us a free and sovereign nation again. It was working. And we are too stupid to see it as the Covid was released to end that and we found out how totalitarian Progresses are.

Hillary and the DNC used campaign funds for a phony dossier. They agreed to pay a fine, that's it, no felony charges.

For Hillary's campaign, the expense was improperly recorded. It wasnt criminal, only a fine was paid for this.

For Cohen paying the hush money, it was a donation to the Trump campaign, not a campaign expense. Since the hush money payment was a campaign contribution, it was limited to the value limit of perhaps $2,800. This makes it an illegal campaign contribution. And then on top of that, it was improperly recorded as a legal fee in Trump's business records. A hush payment that isnt involved with an election campaign should be legal without any dollar value limit.

We will be moved into a globalist government whether we want to or not. Destruction of individuals rule at every level. Anyone at the peasant level who has been shamed and humiliated from police do not forget it. Trump is obviously targeted because he tried to make us a free and sovereign nation again. It was working. And we are too stupid to see it as the Covid was released to end that and we found out how totalitarian Progresses are.
Don’t say “we.” Many of us see it. The Marxist Democrats will stop at nothing to achieve their goals. To them, the end justify the means. They will destroy anyone who stands in their way.

It's time for a non wealthy person to lead. Enough with wealthy people. It is that simple. Want a non swamper pick a janitor and they'd do better.

Isn’t it just payment for a contract of non-disclosure?

I have received such a payment myself. I was wronged by an employer, and they - without admitting guilt - offered me a nice chunk of change to never reveal it publicly. It was a legal contract.
Generally NDA's are part of doing business and if Trump had done that back in 2009 before running for president, no problem.

But the timing and intent make this campaign finance violations.
Not too serious on its own but
But when Trump and Cohen used the Enquirer as a go between it became money laundering and conspiracy.

These, as far as I understand, are much more serious charges.

Just like Capone, not the crime but the attempt to hide the money trail that got Trump.

I know. And look at how low they’re sinking: he paid hush money to a stripper. After years of looking for a “gotcha,” that’s the best they could come up with? Something that likely isn’t even illegal.

And then we have Joe Biden - removing classified docs from a SCIF when he was a senator, and then selling out our country to America’s foes to enrich himself and his family. And our biggest worry is that Trump paid money to a woman to keep quiet?
I knew it would be the ugliest election in our lives, Lisa, but darn, nearly two years before Election Day and it's already this bad? It's going to get so awful, so many indictments and arrests and accusations of the foulest sort, if this is just the start, I may have to ----- recuse. :oops:

They weren’t hush payments. They were payments for my signing of non-disclosure contract. Perfectly legal.
Then you answered your question. Trump's payment was different from yours.

An NDA is a legal agreement that you sign up front that limits your disclosures to other companies in a reasonable time frame and distance. Hush money is generally an illegal payment made to someone who has obtained knowledge (often that they aren't supposed to have) that somebody doesn't want to be disclosed.

I have received such a payment myself. I was wronged by an employer, and they - without admitting guilt - offered me a nice chunk of change to never reveal it publicly. It was a legal contract.

Different standards when you're talking about people who make our laws, govern our country and enforce its rules.

I wouldn't want a cop taking hush money to ignore a crime or not put something in a report. Don't want Biden taking money from China to hush up about an agreement they made. And so on.

I knew it would be the ugliest election in our lives, Lisa, but darn, nearly two years before Election Day and it's already this bad? It's going to get so awful, so many indictments and arrests and accusations of the foulest sort, if this is just the start, I may have to ----- recuse. :oops:
Yeah, if Trump is the nominee, they will stop at nothing. They will be digging through every last little sentence in every contract going back decades, hauling into court over nothing.

The Founding Fathers did NOT want government agencies and elected officials to use this type of prosecutorial misconduct against political opponents. This has become a third-world corrupt country, where the reigning political party uses the power behind it to stop any opponent.

The hatred that they have for Trump is surreal.

And all the while, look at what they’re letting Biden get away with! The FBI actually told him ahead of time they were going to look for documents? Give his attorney q chance to find and shred them? And there was so much there that he still missed some!

It is illegal, if you use campaign funds.

Then you answered your question. Trump's payment was different from yours.

An NDA is a legal agreement that you sign up front that limits your disclosures to other companies in a reasonable time frame and distance. Hush money is generally an illegal payment made to someone who has obtained knowledge (often that they aren't supposed to have) that somebody doesn't want to be disclosed.
Nope. The non-disclosure was to limit my discussion of what happened publicly. Same type of agreement Stormy had with Trump.

P.S. I was not involved in any illicit affair, just so you know.

Why is a married man involved with a woman of such ill repute? What gives there?
It's a good point, and does not reflect well upon Trump, but my guess would be that money-hungry Stormy is the one who seduced him, if it happened, which seems likely.

It's up to voters to decide if that matters.

For me, Trump's proven record and policies matter more than his personal character flaws. At least he is heterosexual, LOL.

Nope. The non-disclosure was to limit my discussion of what happened publicly. Same type of agreement Stormy had with Trump.

P.S. I was not involved in any illicit affair, just so you know.
:sleeping-smiley-015: Whatever

Yeah, if Trump is the nominee, they will stop at nothing. They will be digging through every last little sentence in every contract going back decades, hauling into court over nothing.

The Founding Fathers did NOT want government agencies and elected officials to use this type of prosecutorial misconduct against political opponents. This has become a third-world corrupt country, where the reigning political party uses the power behind it to stop any opponent.

The hatred that they have for Trump is surreal.

And all the while, look at what they’re letting Biden get away with! The FBI actually told him ahead of time they were going to look for documents? Give his attorney q chance to find and shred them? And there was so much there that he still missed some!
So no love for desantis. For me it's Ron or no vote.

So no love for desantis. For me it's Ron or no vote.
The Dems will come after DeSantis with a vengeance. If he got a Jay-walking ticket When he was a teen, we will hear how he was guilty of civil disobedience and should have been imprisoned.

It's a good point, and does not reflect well upon Trump, but my guess would be that money-hungry Stormy is the one who seduced him, if it happened, which seems likely.

It's up to voters to decide if that matters.

For me, Trump's proven record and policies matter more than his personal character flaws. At least he is heterosexual, LOL.
I cannot in good Christian faith vote for a Democrat, or trump. Many of you want to look beyond flaws which I cannot. There are plenty of good Republicans who are better candidates. Us it's hard to vote for another Uber wealthy person.

Because of campaign laws.

FAKE NEWS!!!
^^^ See what I mean? These libs are outraged because Trump paid a stripper to be quiet, and are in denial about Biden’s decades-long corruption involving America’s foes.

Forum List

Back