Why haven't the GOP gotten together an implementable bill that repeals and replaces O-care?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
We're looking at seven years of the Republicans carrying on about how horrible O-care is. In all that time, though there have been several GOP proposals for a replacement to O-care, they still haven't coalesced behind any of them. They were absolutely certain they wanted to repeal the ACA and they have the Congressional votes to do it and they have a President chomping at the bit to sign the repeal. Yet where are they on that? Nowhere.

I don't care what one thinks about O-care. That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about the GOP's failure, in spite of having had ample time to have something agreed upon and a ready to go, to assume their responsibility to govern and pass the bill that repeals and replaces O-care.

Now I happen to believe -- mainly from the cocktail party conversations I've had with a small handful of GOP folks in positions to know what's going on -- that for the most part Republicans, in general, don't really understand healthcare and health insurance, which admittedly is a very complex thing in the U.S. Even so, one'd think that at the very least, the GOP would simply repeal the ACA and restore things to their pre-ACA state. What's to understand by doing that? People weren't thrilled with it, but if all the complaining about O-care is to be believed, they liked that better than O-care. Is that not so?

In seven years, what have the GOP agreed upon among themselves as goes health insurance legislation? Not a damn thing.

Trump is no better. What has the man done? He spent a whole campaign talking about repeal and replace. Did he during that time -- nearly two years -- have a small cadre of staffers working on a proposal that he could formally submit to Congress as the replacement for O-care? No. To date, the substance of what he's done is offer one idea -- selling insurance across state lines -- and in effect tell Congress "you figure it out -- you fix it." Has he used his time and resources to come up with implementable legislation? No.

That's a governance failure and that is not what we elect people for, most especially when one party controls the Congress and the White House.

We're looking at seven years of the Republicans carrying on about how horrible O-care is. In all that time, though there have been several GOP proposals for a replacement to O-care, they still haven't coalesced behind any of them. They were absolutely certain they wanted to repeal the ACA and they have the Congressional votes to do it and they have a President chomping at the bit to sign the repeal. Yet where are they on that? Nowhere.

I don't care what one thinks about O-care. That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about the GOP's failure, in spite of having had ample time to have something agreed upon and a ready to go, to assume their responsibility to govern and pass the bill that repeals and replaces O-care.

Now I happen to believe -- mainly from the cocktail party conversations I've had with a small handful of GOP folks in positions to know what's going on -- that for the most part Republicans, in general, don't really understand healthcare and health insurance, which admittedly is a very complex thing in the U.S. Even so, one'd think that at the very least, the GOP would simply repeal the ACA and restore things to their pre-ACA state. What's to understand by doing that? People weren't thrilled with it, but if all the complaining about O-care is to be believed, they liked that better than O-care. Is that not so?

In seven years, what have the GOP agreed upon among themselves as goes health insurance legislation? Not a damn thing.

Trump is no better. What has the man done? He spent a whole campaign talking about repeal and replace. Did he during that time -- nearly two years -- have a small cadre of staffers working on a proposal that he could formally submit to Congress as the replacement for O-care? No. To date, the substance of what he's done is offer one idea -- selling insurance across state lines -- and in effect tell Congress "you figure it out -- you fix it." Has he used his time and resources to come up with implementable legislation? No.

That's a governance failure and that is not what we elect people for, most especially when one party controls the Congress and the White House.

It hasn't been three weeks and Democrats think you can veto an election. You're a disingenuous liberal hack job

Because they've never been serious about it. They lie.

To say you don't trust to follow through is one thing the facts don't support you so far. But Trump has done more in three weeks than any President in my lifetime. You know better than the stupid shit you're spewing. Again.

No matter how the left tries to intimidate me calling me a conservative, right wing, Republican, I'm not going to run to them and say oh please, I'm not Republican, please stop calling me that! I'll spout liberal crap, but please! Yeah, I criticize them. but suck up? never.

I guess you chose the alternate route of trying to suck up to them. Here's the 911 for you, it doesn't work. The first issue you cross them on they'll say you suck and you're a Republican

Last edited:
Of course, I know that YOU know the answer to the question you posed.......Republicans have bitched for almost 7 years about the ACA wanting to repeal it, but sat on their fat asses and have done nothing because they have nothing.......

I would like for a democrat senator with a safe seat to pull this little "stunt" on McConnell (and Ryan).......Draft a bill to repeal the ACA and see if the GOP senators back away from passing it.....It will ALL be theater, but I would love to see these morons scramble while saying, "its only been 7 years, we haven't had time to study the issue of a better HC insurance system...."

Of course, I know that YOU know the answer to the question you posed.......Republicans have bitched for almost 7 years about the ACA wanting to repeal it, but sat on their fat asses and have done nothing because they have nothing.......

I would like for a democrat senator with a safe seat to pull this little "stunt" on McConnell (and Ryan).......Draft a bill to repeal the ACA and see if the GOP senators back away from passing it.....It will ALL be theater, but I would love to see these morons scramble while saying, "its only been 7 years, we haven't had time to study the issue of a better HC insurance system...."

It's been three weeks, butt hurt Charlie. But hey, Don't Taz me bro will cry with you

It's been three weeks, butt hurt Charlie. But hey, Don't Taz me bro will cry with you

Well, kazzy-baby......Who used to say that the ACA would be repealed and replaced on DAY ONE.....and now stating that it would take a whole fucking year???

Go on, answer who.....and then go have a drink and a nap.....LOL

Well, kazzy-baby......Who used to say that the ACA would be repealed and replaced on DAY ONE.....and now stating that it would take a whole fucking year???

"Everyone with a" brain knew that day one "meant at the" beginning of his "term." Why do you suppose "all the whiners now" are butt hurt leftists? "You know," you?

"Everyone with a" brain knew that day one "meant at the" beginning of his "term." Why do you suppose "all the whiners now" are butt hurt leftists? "You know," you?

I really don't give a fuck if you believe me.......But I'm having a GREAT time slamming Trump and showing morons like you how easily a charlatan lied to you and will keep lying to you for at least the next 2 years.....LOL

I really don't give a fuck if you believe me.......But I'm having a GREAT time slamming Trump and showing morons like you how easily a charlatan lied to you and will keep lying to you for at least the next 2 years.....LOL

"You're having" a great time with "unmitigated" butt hurt? "Strange thing" to enjoy

"You're having" a great time with "unmitigated" butt hurt? "Strange thing" to enjoy

Since it is your ilk who are getting fucked by Trump each day, I would think that the "butt hurt" would be yours.....on the other hand, maybe you guys like it......LOL

Since it is your ilk who are getting fucked by Trump each day, I would think that the "butt hurt" would be yours.....on the other hand, maybe you guys like it......LOL

Your obsessively gay fixation on my party affiliation ... again. Look man, I'm not gay, and even if I was, eew. What the fuck is so sexually important to you that I'm a Republican? It's disturbing. And you're masturbating right now, aren't you? Why the fuck do you care so much if I'm a Republican? Why do you care so much? Why is it so important to you?

Huh? When Republicans took control of the House they repealed Obamacare. They just got control of the Senate and White House, like, ten minutes ago, and already they're supposed to repeal Obamacare lest you deem they've "failed" to uphold their promise?

I'd rather them take two years to repeal and replace in a way that doesn't cause everything to go to shit than just repeal it as a dick-waving gesture to Democrats. Plus, the longer it sticks around, the more people can mutely point to the fact that Democrats passed the crappy law to begin with, and now Republicans are tasked with cleaning it up. I wouldn't be all that quick about pulling Dems' irons out of the fire, either, if I were Ryan, McConnell, et al.

Don't fret Gertrude...just pass it so we can see if it's implementable.

Don't fret Gertrude...just pass it so we can see if it's implementable.

In seven years, I could have drafted implementable legislation to replace O-care, and that includes taking three years of it go to law school so I could write the damn thing in suitable "legalese."

Technically speaking, the GOP had nine years because they knew from the minute Obama won the 2008 election that they weren't going to like a damn thing he proposed or try to work with him in any way.

Last edited:

It hasn't been three weeks and Democrats think you can veto an election. You're a disingenuous liberal hack job

He asked a reasonable question. It's been 8 years that Republicans have been saying they had better ideas for health care reform. Well where are they?

Trump said that January 21st, he'd have something much, much better, cheaper, and it would cover everyone. Where is this plan? There isn't even an outline of proposal, much less a piece of legislation.

No all of the whining is coming from the butt hurt President. The media hates me, I didn't win the popular vote, Nordstroms is being mean to Ivanka, the judges are all biased.

There's no replacement.

They're gonna tweak around the margins and pretend they invented the wheel, because that's what Republicans do.

Political rhetoric. They're going to fix it. They can't repeal it, leaving millions that were forced onto Obama care without insurance overnight. There's no point in replacing it so you can trade in one disaster for another either.

Forum List

Back